Profile for Magsy H > Reviews

Content by Magsy H

Magsy H (Epsom)

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Good milk storage, 13 Feb. 2016
Excellent milk storage bags, it's a shame they are not sold in UK!

Dooky Blanket Butterfly / Baby Pink
Dooky Blanket Butterfly / Baby Pink

5.0 out of 5 stars Good baby blanket, 13 Feb. 2016
Excellent blanket, good size and very pretty pattern!

BabyDan Choke Tester [Baby Product]
BabyDan Choke Tester [Baby Product]
Offered by SAFETOTS

3.0 out of 5 stars Not like photo, 13 Feb. 2016
Shame it is poor quality plastic and nothing like the photo!

Purple Lidded Mini Stacker With Polka Dot Lining
Purple Lidded Mini Stacker With Polka Dot Lining
Offered by The Giftery Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for travelling, 16 Sept. 2012
The purple lidded mini stacker is a very good size for carrying jewellery on holiday. The inside is bright and fun. I put lots of bead bracelets in it and had no problems at all! It would make a very happy present for someone!

Fiskars Classic Folding Scissors 10cm
Fiskars Classic Folding Scissors 10cm

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent scissors!, 6 Sept. 2012
Really good quality scissors - very portable and incredibly neat when folded! They cut well and are very lightweight. I am very happy with them!

No Name Face
No Name Face
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Beauty in musical form., 9 Dec. 2003
This review is from: No Name Face (Audio CD)
From the moment I first heard this band, I knew they were something special. Most people find out about Jason Wade & co. from "Everything" being on the Smallville soundtrack, or from the intensly overplayed Hanging by a Moment. However, for me, stranded on this tiny island we call Britain, I could only find out about them through a gaggle of American friends with amazingly good taste in music. The first song I heard was the spectacular "Sick Cycle Carousel", and from then on, I was hooked. When I bought the album, I was completely awestruck by how polished and finished it sounded, whilst still maintaining an air of simple, raw beauty. Highlights are plentiful on this album, my particular favourites at the moment being 'Somebody Else's Song', 'Simon' and 'Quasimodo', although they change regularly!
If you're hesitating over whether to purchase this album, I urge you to, because it will be the only thing you'll ever need to listen to again. I bought it about a year ago now, and it's been constantly in and out of my stereo for all of that time - and I've never got sick or bored of Jason Wade's deep, meaningful lyrics and voice. Amazing. Buy it.

Offered by best_value_entertainment

4.0 out of 5 stars Definitely above my expectations!, 28 Oct. 2003
The main thing to remember when you're listening to GC is that they're NOT hardcore punk, but that doesn't mean that their CD isn't great for basically any occasion. Take 'em with a pinch of salt instead of picking holes in their image, and enjoy the music!
Track by track:
A New Beginning: Can't really rate this.. GC do some instrumental stuff which I'm sure will appeal to some people. Good background music.
The Anthem: Filled with bags of attitude ("another loser anthem") and a punchy chorus, a great opening track guaranteed to get you bouncing around. Nice. (8/10)
Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous: I bought the album on the strength of this single, and in itself it's great.. intense overplay, however, has lowered my love for it substantially. Puts quite a good message across, although somewhat ironic considering the bags of money Joel and the boys must have gained from MTV... (6.5/10)
Wondering: A nice catchy tune and some surprisingly meaningful lyrics make for a great song you'll be humming for the rest of the week. (8.5/10)
The Story of My Old Man: Benji and Joel take the sudden departure of their father lyrically quite lightly, but you can feel the pain in the song. After humming this on the way home, my friend thought I was singing some twisted version of Craig David's 7 Days.. I suppose it is like that a bit. But better. (8/10)
Girls and Boys: Good track. Simple lyrics, simple tune, but it's one of those tracks that stick in your head and that everyone likes.. nice one, boys. (7.5/10)
My Bloody Valentine: Comical song which is one of the closest to pure punk lyrics they're ever going to get. Fun stuff. (8/10)
Hold On: Wow. After a track of light-hearted jokey songs, we get to the nitty gritty stuff. And it's actually rather good. A great message, a good tune, an amazing song. (10/10)
Riot Girl: Catchy tune that gets irritating extremely quickly, quirky lyrics, no real meaning apart from to get girls all around the world to scream "BENJI! I'M YOUR RIOT GIRL!" (6/10)
Say Anything: Another damn good track… surprisingly good. Emotionally sung, one of the few times when Joel seems like a really good singer. (10/10)
The Day that I Die: Taking a deep, deep subject light-heartedly, GC thrash their way throughout this insanely memorable song. (9/10)
The Young and the Hopeless: The heaviest track on the album (which doesn’t really say that much), they confront the fact that no one takes them seriously. And I like the result, I must say… more of this on the next album, boys! (9.5/10)
Emotionless: One of the better songs- this one really tears at the heart-strings. Benji and Joel make, in a way, a peace offering to their father, and it’s really rather touching to listen to… quite beautiful if you’re in the right mood for it. (10/10)
Movin’ On: By far the most energetic song, the shouting vocals and thumping riffs are a great end to the album and show what Good Charlotte are really about. Great stuff. (9/10)
In conclusion, this is energetic pop/punk at its best.. but don't buy it if you're expecting deep and heavy stuff with booming guitars that make your floors tremble- because that's just not what this band are. The second half of the album far betters the first, and if the band continue in this direction with their new CD, I shall certainly be purchasing it.

Offered by best_value_entertainment

4.0 out of 5 stars Pop/Punk fun!, 28 Oct. 2003
Track by track:
In conclusion, don't buy this if you're looking for really serious heavy punk tracks, but if you want some energetic pop/punk, this is the stuff for you. In my opinion, the second half of the album far betters the first half, and if their next album carries on that theme, I'm certainly going to be buying it.