Profile for edifyingDiscourse > Reviews

Content by edifyingDiscourse

edifyingDiscourse (London)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Mr Scratchings Pork Snack Scratchings 50 g (Pack of 12)
Mr Scratchings Pork Snack Scratchings 50 g (Pack of 12)

5.0 out of 5 stars Delectable, 23 July 2016
Best pork scratchings I've ever had, I can't get enough of them; they go great with a cold beer in the hot sun, or as part of a mixed meze board (eg with olives, pickled garlic, stuffed peppers; you get the idea) with some wine. I like to add cayenne pepper, crushed celery seed and smokey paprika to spice them up a little but they're perfectly delicious as sold. They have just the right amount of salt and a heady porky flavour that is just like a sunday roast. If you ever want to relive the memory of "fighting for the crackling" then get these!

Baby Ruth Bar 59.5 g (Pack of 6)
Baby Ruth Bar 59.5 g (Pack of 6)

2.0 out of 5 stars Honest opinion, 23 July 2016
I bought these for nostalgia purposes but I forgot how sweet they were! I had to give them all away, they're so unctuous and cloyingly sweet I got the shakes and my teeth hurt. If you like sweet things then go for it, but personally I'm not a big fan, at least since growing up. PS I'm in my 30s and not diabetic so you can't blame my review on any of that.

RayGray Crackling and Apple Sauce Dip 80 g (Pack of 18)
RayGray Crackling and Apple Sauce Dip 80 g (Pack of 18)

3.0 out of 5 stars Will blow you away! (salt content that is), 23 July 2016
They're ok, but I think the Mr. Scratchings pork scratchings are far nicer. The problem with these is that they're sweeter and far too salty. I can never eat the crumbs at the bottom of the bag because I'm left feeling like I'm being interrogated by the CIA. As for the bramley apple dip, didn't care for it with the pork scratchings but it's very nice poured into porridge with some cinnamon.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars rapid response and great pricing coupled with GMP status on their products, 27 Feb. 2015
This product is one of the highest concentrations of silymarin available for such a low price, believe me I looked high and low! While others may be cheaper (barely) they often have a minimum amount of the active component of the milk thistle plant which is what actually contributes to liver health.

I received my order very rapidly, considering I'm in Greece. Furthermore, the customer service of Fortis Health is unparalleled, rapid response and great pricing coupled with GMP status on their products, you can't really go wrong.

Hitman: Absolution [PC Code - Steam]
Hitman: Absolution [PC Code - Steam]

5.0 out of 5 stars Very fun game and the code also works for Steam on ..., 28 Aug. 2014
Very fun game and the code also works for Steam on Macs too!

So you have the best of both worlds. It runs very well on my nVidia 650M and I find the gameplay engaging and easy to master. I find myself compulsively replaying levels to get 100%.

Awfully Posh Scorchingly Hot Chilli Pork Crackling 40 g (Pack of 12)
Awfully Posh Scorchingly Hot Chilli Pork Crackling 40 g (Pack of 12)

5.0 out of 5 stars These are an unalloyed delight to eat and fortunately not that scorchingly hot, 28 Aug. 2014
These are an unalloyed delight to eat and fortunately not that scorchingly hot, so if you were hoping for something tongue achingly spicy you will be disappointed.

They have a great texture, unlike some pork scratching brands which feel like a picked scab, these are crunchy and almost fluffy.

Madeo Spicy Calabrian N'Duja Paste 3 Kg
Madeo Spicy Calabrian N'Duja Paste 3 Kg

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this stuff although it is *very* spicy, 28 Aug. 2014
I love this stuff although it is *very* spicy, next time I may try for the dolce version.

It's great on pizza, in pasta sauces or just spread on a nairn oatcake with perhaps a touch of Greek yogurt to help offset some of the spiciness.

Unlike some other brands it's not very salty either.

Physionics Dumbbell Bar Weights Set 2x15 kg Home Gym Fitness Strength Training Weight Plates Lifting
Offered by JAGO24 UK

3.0 out of 5 stars They occupy a lot of space which some may find inhibitory, 28 Aug. 2014
They're full of cement (or at least some substance that isn't a metal) and thus occupy a large volume which I think inhibits perfect form for doing curls and shoulder presses.

I'd love to order a pair of steel ones but Amazon doesn't send them to Greece although they did ship these.

Most peculiar but there you are.

Wera Kraftform 2050 Micro Screwdriver - Phillips Tip 00
Wera Kraftform 2050 Micro Screwdriver - Phillips Tip 00
Offered by PVR Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Great and actually durable, 28 Aug. 2014
Great and actually durable! A lot of these screwdrivers seem to wear away very quickly but 3 years later and this one is still going strong, I use it quite often, especially for Macs.

Seagate Expansion 1TB USB 3.0 Portable 2.5 inch External Hard Drive
Seagate Expansion 1TB USB 3.0 Portable 2.5 inch External Hard Drive

3.0 out of 5 stars Technology progresses apace, quality, unfortunately, does not., 28 Aug. 2014
I've owned one for only a few months yet I thought I heard that dreaded hard drive click of death the other day! I take care of my electronics and I've got Seagate HDDs from 2004 that are still in working order so I'm rather saddened at this apparent lapse.

I don't know if I would purchase this again and to be honest I feel a bit stupid for recommending this brand to some of my friends.

I also believe Seagate has cut their warranty from 3 years to just 1 but I can't be sure. In any case, the Sale of Goods Act ensures that even if it's a year I'll still be covered for 5 (subject to a few statutory conditions being met).

The drive feels a bit too light and plastic to be taken seriously in my view, but I do have to say it's very fast.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3