Profile for edifyingDiscourse > Reviews

edifyingDiscourse (London)

Page: 1 | 2
Hitman: Absolution [Online Game Code]
Hitman: Absolution [Online Game Code]

5.0 out of 5 stars Very fun game and the code also works for Steam on ..., 28 Aug 2014
Very fun game and the code also works for Steam on Macs too!

So you have the best of both worlds. It runs very well on my nVidia 650M and I find the gameplay engaging and easy to master. I find myself compulsively replaying levels to get 100%.

Awfully Posh Scorchingly Hot Chilli Pork Crackling 40 g (Pack of 12)
Awfully Posh Scorchingly Hot Chilli Pork Crackling 40 g (Pack of 12)

5.0 out of 5 stars These are an unalloyed delight to eat and fortunately not that scorchingly hot, 28 Aug 2014
These are an unalloyed delight to eat and fortunately not that scorchingly hot, so if you were hoping for something tongue achingly spicy you will be disappointed.

They have a great texture, unlike some pork scratching brands which feel like a picked scab, these are crunchy and almost fluffy.

Madeo Spicy Calabrian N'Duja Paste 3 Kg
Madeo Spicy Calabrian N'Duja Paste 3 Kg

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this stuff although it is *very* spicy, 28 Aug 2014
I love this stuff although it is *very* spicy, next time I may try for the dolce version.

It's great on pizza, in pasta sauces or just spread on a nairn oatcake with perhaps a touch of Greek yogurt to help offset some of the spiciness.

Unlike some other brands it's not very salty either.

Dumbbell weights set / dumbell kit / dumbell pair 30 kg / muscle training / bodybuilding / workout / gym
Offered by JAGO24 UK

3.0 out of 5 stars They occupy a lot of space which some may find inhibitory, 28 Aug 2014
They're full of cement (or at least some substance that isn't a metal) and thus occupy a large volume which I think inhibits perfect form for doing curls and shoulder presses.

I'd love to order a pair of steel ones but Amazon doesn't send them to Greece although they did ship these.

Most peculiar but there you are.

Wera Kraftform 2050 Micro Screwdriver - Phillips Tip 00
Wera Kraftform 2050 Micro Screwdriver - Phillips Tip 00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great and actually durable, 28 Aug 2014
Great and actually durable! A lot of these screwdrivers seem to wear away very quickly but 3 years later and this one is still going strong, I use it quite often, especially for Macs.

Seagate STBX1000201 Expansion 1TB USB 3.0 portable 2.5 inch external hard drive - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Technology progresses apace, quality, unfortunately, does not., 28 Aug 2014

I don't know if I would purchase this again and to be honest I feel a bit stupid for recommending this brand to some of my friends.

I also believe Seagate has cut their warranty from 3 years to just 1 but I can't be sure. In any case, the Sale of Goods Act ensures that even if it's a year I'll still be covered for 5 (subject to a few statutory conditions being met).

The drive feels a bit too light and plastic to be taken seriously in my view, but I do have to say it's very fast.

WD 500GB 2.5 inch USB 3.0 Elements Portable External Hard Drive - Black
WD 500GB 2.5 inch USB 3.0 Elements Portable External Hard Drive - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent mule for transporting large files, 28 Aug 2014
Although a Seagate person usually I bought this as a mule to transport files for my work. It's very rugged and durable, doesn't feel flimsy and has a fair whack of affordable storage with the latest in USB technology.

Indeed, I have more faith in this EHDD than the Seagate STBX1000201; I've owned one for only a few months yet I thought I heard that dreaded hard drive click of death the other day! I take care of my electronics and I've got Seagate HDDs from 2004 that are still in working order so I'm rather saddened at this apparent lapse.

Toshiba MQ01ABD050 500GB SATA 3GB/s 5400RPM 2.5 Inch 9.5mm Internal Hard Drive
Toshiba MQ01ABD050 500GB SATA 3GB/s 5400RPM 2.5 Inch 9.5mm Internal Hard Drive

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Toshiba quality, 28 Aug 2014
A great hard drive that's not too loud, is affordable, and can breathe new life into an old laptop (which up until recently usually shipped with 250 to 320GB of RAM).

In fact, I do believe that if you buy this with an external hard drive enclosure you can create an external HDD for cheaper than what's offered commercially.

Burts Potato Chips Sea Salted 150 g (Pack of 10)
Burts Potato Chips Sea Salted 150 g (Pack of 10)

5.0 out of 5 stars How can you go wrong?, 28 Aug 2014
These are delicious and with a clean, clearly potato taste that isn't too greasy or cloying.

They have an almost malty, caramel flavour probably because of the quality of the potatoes. I often have a bag with some beers or whiskey as a late night snack when I can't be bothered to cook anything more substantial or fancy something "light".

Also, unless your supermarket has a Buy One Get One Free (BOGOF) deal going on, these are a very affordable and economic way to enjoy high quality, almost healthy crisps. The ingredients list is something like 3 items long, Potatoes, Sunflower oil, Salt. How can you go wrong?

New York Style Garlic  Bagel Chips 204g (3 pack)
New York Style Garlic Bagel Chips 204g (3 pack)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great with sundried tomato, 28 Aug 2014
How can you go wrong? This ticks all the right boxes if you need a decadent treat with a powerful garlicky taste! Great with sundried tomato, black olives or anchovies spread on top assuming you find enough intact pieces.

Page: 1 | 2