Profile for Della O H > Reviews

Fitbit One Wireless Activity and Sleep Tracker
Fitbit One Wireless Activity and Sleep Tracker
Price: £59.99 - £259.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastically motivating device, 5 Mar. 2014
I gave up running (long term knee problems) and wanted to increase my daily activity to compensate. Just telling myself to 'walk a bit more' wasn't working and as I'd owned a pedometer in the distant past I thought I'd try whatever the latest app-driven alternative might be. The Fitbit One (the bracelet style didn't appeal) has been excellent so far. As I track my food as well I've found the integration into Myfitnesspal very useful. I took some advice from another user and set my activity on the latter to 'sedentary' and just allowed Fitbit to feed this information; which allows for the daily variation in how much I walk/run without me having to think about it. I can't explain why the device itself motivates you to walk and climb stairs but somehow it does(!) I've lost about some weight as a result and I've changed the way I think about fitness and what works form me; moving around frequenlty on a daily basis seems to yeild better results than the three-times weekly run/trip to the gym. On the technical side (and I'm not very technical) I've not encountered any synch problems - occasionally it needs a prompt to do so but generally it has been good.

Magimix Gelato Chef Ice Cream Maker White, GEL22001
Magimix Gelato Chef Ice Cream Maker White, GEL22001

1.0 out of 5 stars Returned within a week!, 30 April 2007
I have just returned this machine having had an entirely frustrating experience trying to use it. Having previously had a magimix model where you put the bowl in the freezer which I used successfully for years I was looking forward to upgrading to an integrated freezer-model and doing away with the hassale of pre-freezing. I was disappointed to see the same small plastic spindle was part of this much more expensive machine. In the end after attempting to make 4 batches of ice-cream I returned it. Each time the ice-cream began to thicken the motor which turns the paddle (via the spindle) detached itself from the bowl and began running backwards! None of the parts seemed particuarly robust. The result very lumpy, part-made ice-cream. The reviews of the Gaggia machine seem much better and don't point to anything seriously wrong with that machine so I will probably invest in that.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 7, 2014 2:52 PM BST