Profile for DVD Collector > Reviews

Content by DVD Collector

DVD Collector (BINGHAM, NOTTINGHAM United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Sherlock Holmes - The Definitive Collection (Digitally Remastered) [DVD]
Sherlock Holmes - The Definitive Collection (Digitally Remastered) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Basil Rathbone

3.0 out of 5 stars poor price, 11 Mar. 2014
I give this 3 stars, not for the content, but for the price.

I have seen this set in HMV store for £14.99, it is also available from Play.com for less than £20. I am suprised at Amazon selling this set for nearly £28.00. They are usually more competitive.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 12, 2014 10:45 PM GMT

Norton Internet Security 2013 - 3 Computers, 1 Year Subscription (PC)
Norton Internet Security 2013 - 3 Computers, 1 Year Subscription (PC)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 3 Oct. 2013
Norton is usually very good and so is their support, although I prefered an earlier version of this product s

Fresh Innocence Sabrina Stroker Flesh
Fresh Innocence Sabrina Stroker Flesh

1.0 out of 5 stars RUBBISH PRODUCT, 3 Oct. 2013
This item is absolute rubbish, it is good for nothing, whether you are small or big. The opening is far to tight . DO NOT BUY. The only good thing was the quick service provided by AMAZON

Tintin and the Mystery of the Golden Fleece [DVD] [1961]
Tintin and the Mystery of the Golden Fleece [DVD] [1961]
Dvd ~ Jean-Pierre Talbot

2.0 out of 5 stars disappointing, 8 Dec. 2012
After having read so many good reviewes for this DVD I thought I would buy it and enjoy it.
Wrong, I did not enjoy it. There was little adventure in it and no excitement, unlike the books or the DVD box set and more recently the Steven Spielburg film. In fact I thought apart from the character names, you could have been watching something other than a TinTin story. The character of TinTin himself and the dog were about the only characters baring any resemblence. The Captain had a beard which was far too dark and neat and I thought too tall for the part. Sorry I bought it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 5, 2013 5:03 AM GMT

Batman Animated Box Set [DVD] [2012]
Batman Animated Box Set [DVD] [2012]
Dvd ~ Brandon Vietti

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what expected, 7 Sept. 2012
I cannot understand why this Batman DVD set has shown such good reviews.

The animation is nothing like the Batman Animated series. Batman is shown to be more like Spiderman as he swings through streets on a line seemingly attached to nothing. Not only that he also is able to reflect bullets.

Whereas the Batman Animated series is excellent in storyline and animation (although a bit jerky) these films are nothing like the Batman from the old comics I have. One of the films in this set show Batman to be quite different in stature and voice, in fact more like a teenager.

If you like the original style old Batman, avoid wasting your money. I am sorry I wasted mine.

Sharp 2:1 inch Sound Bar System with SRS WOW HD
Sharp 2:1 inch Sound Bar System with SRS WOW HD

2.0 out of 5 stars not worth buying, 6 Feb. 2012
I cannot understand why this Sharp Soundbar has shown so many good reviews, to me it is so poor that it is only worth £40 at most.
Sharp describe this unit in the Manual - and I quote " SRS WOW HD significantly improves the playback quality of audio, delivering a dynamic 3D enetertainment experience with deeep, rich bass and high frequency clarity for crisp detail" A load of rubbish.
First there just is NO surround sound that can be noticed, as for the WOW, forget it!
The sound quality is in no way Dynamic, Rich or Crisp in detail.

Compared to my 37" Panasonic, the sound quality is no better, just different. Whereas the TV sound is a bit tinny and slightly distant, the Sharp does slightly improve on this in eliminating the tininess, but it sounds sort of boxy. It would'nt be so bad if the sound was'nt Hissy, some peoples voices have a very noticeable hiss. No amount of Bass or Treble adjustment can get rid of this, just reduces it.
As for having 4 Subwoofer speakers, it is just a waste and you don't need 4 surely. One small seperate Subwoofer would be better. All in all a big disappointment and a waste of money. Sharp certainly misrepresented this in their description.

Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea - The Complete Series One [DVD] [1964]
Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea - The Complete Series One [DVD] [1964]
Dvd ~ Richard Basehart
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Why Bother................., 6 Oct. 2011
It's nice to see the Pilot Episode in colour but why bother with the rest of the special features I do not know, waste of space.
It would have been more worthwhile if David Hedison's interview were longer.

What is annoying is the way in which the case spindles are made, they are ridiculously difficult to remove the DVD from. You risk breaking your fingernails and/or damaging the discs.

The series itself is enjoyable watch and the transfers are very good. Pity about the sound levels though, the music is too loud and the voices are too low. Find I have to turn the TV volume well up to hear the voices and turn it down again for the music and special effects audio .

5 Compatible Printer Ink Cartridges for Canon i865 - Cyan / Magenta / Yellow / Black / Large Black- High Capacity

3.0 out of 5 stars Usually good value, 3 Oct. 2011
These inks ordered from More Inks are normally good value, but unfortunately one of of my previous orders had two cartridges that would not work, had to throw them away. Was not happy about that.

Spartacus: Blood And Sand Season 1 [DVD] [2010]
Spartacus: Blood And Sand Season 1 [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ Andy Whitfield

1.0 out of 5 stars Why Oh Why did I buy, 7 April 2011
After reading all the glowing reviews of this set of DVDs , I decided to buy, BIG MISTAKE.

THe only thing I can say about this series is that the acting is is decent.
As for the film, it is CRAP CRAP CRAP. If this is the way they are going to make films these days all I can say is they hav not got a clue. Let us go back to the 1940s - 1960s or so for real film making, without having to rely on CGI.

The colouring is terrible and as for the Stop and Slow motion techniques the drive you round the bend.

If they had made the series in normal colour methods and not used the Slow and Stop motion method this would have been very good and well worth watching.

As it is, I have to say that this box set makes me glad I was around when they used to make some decent films .

Finally, the packaging of this Box set is by far the worst I have ever come across. The four discs are housed in cardboard folder type slip ins which actually came undone when I opened the booklet type case due to the most frugal amount of glue used to stick the folds together.

This review refers to the REGION 1 package I must add.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 4, 2011 8:07 PM BST

ANDRE RIEU - A Midsummer Night's Dream: Live In Maastricht 4 [IMPORT]
ANDRE RIEU - A Midsummer Night's Dream: Live In Maastricht 4 [IMPORT]
Dvd ~ Andre Rieu
Offered by ____THE_BEST_ON_DVD____

3.0 out of 5 stars very good music - but spoilt a little, 21 Feb. 2011
I recently received and have have now seen this video and I have to say that I am a little disappointed. Not I feel as good as "Live in Maastricht 1"
I have 8 other DVDs of Andre Rieu and they are all excellent. What actually spoils this DVD a bit for me is that the camera's are too occupied with the crowd enjoying themselves. The crowd scenes seem to take over sometimes. What I would have prefered was more camera work on the orchestra. I have to say that it is nice to see crowd scenes as it adds atmosphere and excitement, but this DVD has more than enough. Finally, and this is only personal preference, I did not like the African section or the 3 sections of the comedy singers. Also unless I missed it somehow, Suzan Erens is not present on this.

Still for those fans who like Andre Rieu it is an excellent cavalcade of music. It would be nice to have DTS as a sound option .
Comment Comments (12) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 17, 2012 7:19 PM BST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3