Profile for S. A. Burley > Reviews

Content by S. A. Burley

S. A. Burley (London, UK)

Spurs' Cult Heroes: The 20 Greatest Legends in Tottenham's History
Spurs' Cult Heroes: The 20 Greatest Legends in Tottenham's History
by Michael Lacquiere

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Book, 26 Dec. 2014
Fantastic book. Like it so much I bought two for presents.

Stagg SPC015L E Patch Cable
Stagg SPC015L E Patch Cable

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price. But not professional quality., 20 Oct. 2014
Ok for home use I would say. Not great though. A couple of pedals I have don't like the tips on these things and can be difficult to get fully into them. These are a Dunlop Crybaby 535, and a Digitech Whammy. The leads do go in on the whole, but some seem to go in easier than others, and some don't even want to go in at all. I wouldn't buy again. I think it's worth splashing out on better ones, or getting a kit to cut your own.

Boss Tu-3 Chromatic Tuner Pedal
Boss Tu-3 Chromatic Tuner Pedal
Offered by Jb's Music Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Professionals use it, and so should you., 20 Oct. 2014
Perfect. I doubt you will find better. Used by professionals for good reason. Well worth the money.

Hollow Ponds
Hollow Ponds

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Discovery of 2014, 29 July 2014
This review is from: Hollow Ponds (MP3 Download)
I got this album after hearing the song Skydive on BBC Six Music. If you like that track then you'll like the rest of the album too. I actually think the songs get better as the album progresses. It's a proper album with not a bad track on it, which makes a nice change to the majority of albums I've bought over the last few years which are normally patchy and disappointing. In my opinion all but two or three songs could (and should) be released as singles, and the remaining songs are not fillers, but part of the whole listening experience. Check out 'Hollow Ponds' and 'Openside', and 'Spanish Archer'; three of my favourites so far. Well worth the investment, and I can't wait to hear how this band develops over the coming years. Get it!

Passive Me, Aggressive You
Passive Me, Aggressive You

5.0 out of 5 stars I agree with Paul from Cheshire, 15 Mar. 2011
This album is great. The BBC Review team got it wrong this time. Best music from New Zealand for a long time.

Maths and English
Maths and English
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars DizzeeRascalForPrimeMinister.co.uk, 6 Nov. 2008
This review is from: Maths and English (Audio CD)
This is definately his best yet. He goes from strength to strength in my opinion.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Persistence pays, 7 July 2008
It is interesting, and it is inspiring too.
Relax, open your mind, and read it for what it is, not for what you expected it to be, reviewers.
Shed is telling you how he did things, not necessarily how you should; but I find that there are a lot of good tips in there.
That's it.
Thanks Shed, a good read.

Here on This Frontline
Here on This Frontline
Offered by CDandVinyl

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 24 Jan. 2008
This review is from: Here on This Frontline (Audio CD)
This album is brilliant, in my opinion. Ok, so Joe Wilkes' voice isn't the greatest ever, but it is definately well above average, and the music is superb.
Needless to say, I disagree with 'one star' review listed here.
If you like Davy Graham, other classic talent in the folk vein, and are open to something new which draws on what has gone before, but still sounds fresh, then I think you will love this.