Profile for Mrs. V. Pandey > Reviews

The Last Mughal: The Fall of a Dynasty, Delhi, 1857
by William Dalrymple

5.0 out of 5 stars Bahadur Shah Zafar, 12 Jan 2008
"Kitna Budnaseeb Hai Zafar Dafan Ke Liye
Do Guj Jameen Bhi na Mili KUey Yaar Mein"

when i started to read this book , these 2 lines haunted me as if Zafar kept on talking from his grave. a very well written book. this is my second book written by william dalrymaple.i feel so connected to the author, to his work.thank you Mr. Dalrymaple for giving us this masterpiece.

City of Djinns: A Year in Delhi
City of Djinns: A Year in Delhi
by William Dalrymple

5.0 out of 5 stars City of Djinns, 11 Nov 2007
I recently read city of djinns written by william dalrymple. It was such an honour to know that somebody has actually tried, visiting and living in delhi to know the real delhi. It is so amazing to read your own thoughts which have been devloped over the years and know know someone else has thought them too. I believe i can really relate to the book as i was born and brought up in delhi. I had always thought that there is something special about the place and the way Mr Darlmaple has researched and written the book is so beautiful.

I would recommend this book to anyone who is interested in reading a bit about our history, to know real Indians, not Hindus, not Muslims, Sikhs or Christians but true Indians, then they must read this book. I wish I could give more stars to the book.

I will certainly read other books written by Mr Dalrymaple.