Profile for Mrs. J. C. Walton > Reviews

MAKING HISTORY, NOT RELIVING IT
MAKING HISTORY, NOT RELIVING IT
Price: 6.31

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for all Chelsea fans!, 14 Mar 2014
I was attracted first of all by the title of the book, I always found it a rather curious "slight" to be told I aint got no history as, as far as I am concerned we were making it.
The book is split into parts, with different authors and contributors. The first 50 odd% is made up of a month by month account of Roman's 10 years at the helm. It is a fasinating account, recollecting non football related events along the way to help with the reminising. Several, I was there too moments, the special moment for me annd I suspect all Chelsea fans a description of the 2012 final :-)
I really enjoyed the "see you at the game" chapter, a collection of Mark's annecdotes from various matches, often funny and Pav sounds quite a fella.
The remaining part involves stories from a collection of contributors, Chelsea fans young and more experienced from home and abroad and their opinions.
Written by the fans for the fans, top marks from me

You Had Me At Hello
You Had Me At Hello
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 8 Jan 2013
I have heard other novels compare to "One Day" and this is the book I would compare it most too. I found it laugh out loud funny and could not put it down. I enjoyed the charactors and there were a few twists in the plot I was not expecting. I was disappointed to see that her next novel is not due until December 2013 and despite some negative reviewers of the book can assure people I am not related to or ever met Mhairi McFarlane!

Pear Shaped
Pear Shaped
by Stella Newman
Price: 5.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't go by the reviews!, 8 Jan 2013
This review is from: Pear Shaped (Paperback)
What a disappointment this book was! I enjoyed it to begin with, which is why it has 1 star and not none! The main charactor, Sophie, despite the best advise from friends turns into a self obsorbed bore by about 65% of the way through. It is funny and witty to start with then it looses its way completely. I skip read to the end, it really wasn't worth my time and effort. If you want to read about a woman describing her dress size, unexpanded charactors (eg her ex and her mother) and a fixation for a bloke that treats her like dirt, fill your boots but it was not my cup of tea!!