Profile for MI > Reviews

Hemming Feet 4mm & 6mm Hem will fit Janome Sewing Machines
Offered by mandy Store
Price: 6.65

5.0 out of 5 stars Rolled Hemming feet, 24 April 2014
These fit my Janome 3050DC. I have yet to master a good rolled hem, as it is not as easy as it looks. But for a professional finish it's worth the effort.

NARROW CLIP ON ZIP, ZIPPER FOOT ,COMPATIBLE FOR BROTHER, JANOME, TOYOTA, NEW SINGER DOMESTIC SEWING MACHINES
Offered by ibestsky
Price: 4.45

2.0 out of 5 stars Narrow zipper foot, 24 April 2014
I have a janome 3050DC. This foot is advertised as compatible with Janome sewing machines. It does not fit mine. Very disappointed as this foot would have been very useful. Will now have to buy it from Janome to make sure it fits.

Mary Berry's Christmas Collection
Mary Berry's Christmas Collection
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Mary Berry Christmas cookbook, 19 Dec 2013
I got this book from the Kindle store as it was so cheap. It is a choice of sit down menus with all the trimmings, set out just like you get in a restaurant. It gives you step by step guides to shopping, count down preparation and cooking. I did the cranberry sauce today, but have to say I found the quantity of cider vinegar used is far too much for my taste, I would use half the amount, if any at all! I would recommend it for a new cook, as it saves you wondering what to cook and buy for a Christmas dinner. Of course one doesn't have to do everything on the menu. I have other Mary Berry cookbooks and her recipes are great, so don't be put off by my comment on the cranberry sauce.

MBT Kampala Strap Black Ladies Casual Shoe, UK7
MBT Kampala Strap Black Ladies Casual Shoe, UK7

5.0 out of 5 stars Ladies MBT shoes, 19 Dec 2013
This is my second pair of MBT's. I love these, they are so comfortable. I don't care if they are not fashionable, they are functional and I can walk in them without hip, knee, foot and leg pain. One word of caution. Not all MBT's are exactly the same width. I had my feet measured for the sandals I have and they are great, but I needed a larger size for closed in shoes and a wider fit. The style dictates the width. If you are suffering while walking in ordinary shoes, you should give MBT's a try, they could solve all your problems!

100ml Eucalyptus Pure Essential Oil
100ml Eucalyptus Pure Essential Oil
Offered by FRESHSKIN
Price: 6.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Eucalyptus oil, 19 Dec 2013
I bought this oil on Amazon as it is soooooo expensive buying it locally. This particular seller is very good and reasonable. I have started using the oil for all sorts of things after buying a book about the uses of it. My husband had toenail fungus that had not responded to any expensive treatments, so he tried eucalyptus as directed in the book. It works! And quickly too. He now has a new nail growing where fungus has been killed. I use it in my washing, especially 30 degree washes to kill bugs that can't be killed at low temperatures. There are so many uses for this oil. The book is called "Eucalyptus hundreds of household uses". ISBN 978-0-85775-618-3. I thoroughly recommend it.

MBT NAMA W GREY LEATHER 7.5UK - 41 2/3EU
MBT NAMA W GREY LEATHER 7.5UK - 41 2/3EU

5.0 out of 5 stars Men's MBT shoes, 19 Dec 2013
This review is from: MBT SHOES NAMA grey (Apparel)
I have been trying to get my husband to wear MBT shoes as he suffers with hip and leg problems. At last he agreed! These were drastically reduced and his size. He now lives in them and can't praise them enough. He no longer limps or complains of hip or leg pain. He walks upright and says it's like walking on air. He has also commented on how comfortable they are and how warm they keep his feet, which I believe is due to better circulation through wearing MBT shoes. The shoes are also beautifully made. The dark grey patent leather is very stiff but causes no comfort problems at all. The rest of the shoe is leather. Shoes arrived within the delivery period.

New Shock Doctor V1.5 Sports Gum Shield Protective Mouthguard Adult/Youths
New Shock Doctor V1.5 Sports Gum Shield Protective Mouthguard Adult/Youths
Price: 5.43 - 8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fill bowl with boiling water and allow to cool for 30 seconds, 26 Nov 2013
I didn't buy this shield from Amazon, but from a local shop. I am writing a review because the fitting instructions on the pack for this gum shield are wrong. It tells you to bring water to boil, remove from heat then immediately place shield into the water for 12 seconds, then place it straight in your mouth and mould. I did as instructed. On placing the shield in the water it shrank and started to deform and split. It was far too hot on taking it out of the water to put in my mouth and was completely deformed and hard in places. I threw it in the bin.

I bought another one, but this time followed the instructions for fitting that I had from a previous manufacturer's shield, which worked perfectly, and I précis it here.

1. Fill bowl with boiling water and allow to cool for 30 seconds.
2. Place gum shield in water for 40 seconds.
3. Remove from water.
4. Allow shield to cool to comfortable level then place around upper teeth, bite down firmly while sucking strongly and use your fingers to press edges of shield into your teeth and gums. Do this for 30 seconds.
5. Remove shield and cool under cold running water for 1 minute.
6. Replace shield in mouth to test for fit and retention.

If you want to see full instructions go to [...] and look up fitting instructions.

This gum shield is very good and easy to wear, and I would recommend it, but NOT the instructions.

Pilot Pen Frixion 0.7mm Refill Pack - Blue (Pack of 3)
Pilot Pen Frixion 0.7mm Refill Pack - Blue (Pack of 3)
Price: 2.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Ink pen refill, 21 Nov 2013
These are what school teacher recommended. They don't leak, so good from that point of view. I purchased these from Amazon because locally they are almost 6. I rated them 3 stars because they are expensive for what they are.

Kidde 7DCOC Carbon Monoxide Alarm Digital Display 10 Year Sensor and Warranty
Kidde 7DCOC Carbon Monoxide Alarm Digital Display 10 Year Sensor and Warranty
Offered by George and Freddie
Price: 17.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Carbon monoxide alarm, 21 Nov 2013
Good product. I have it sat on my bookshelf. It can be hung on wall or freestanding. For peace of mind if you have any gas appliances or use a multi fuel stove/open fire.

Pifco P28005 Electric Ash Vacuum
Pifco P28005 Electric Ash Vacuum
Offered by Allgoods Direct
Price: 52.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Pifco Ash Vacuum, 14 Oct 2013
I wanted a vac specifically for ash. This vac does the job well, but could have done with a flat nozzle tool to go with the short round cylinder tool, for a few tight places in the stove box. The high pitched very loud noise of the motor left my ears ringing, so I now wear ear protectors when using it! The vac is basically a small metal container, no wheels, with the motor with HEPA filter in the 'lid'. Not sure why it costs so much money, even at the discounted price. Good thing is that spare filter and parts are easily purchased when needed and if you register the vac when you get it, the guarantee is extended for a further 2 years, to make it 3 years. Filter is easily removed for cleaning (you can wash it, NOT in a washing machine!)

2nd November 2013: Update since my first review. Although the filter is easy to remove and tap most of the ash particles from it, it is very messy. I have only done this in the garden and it blows everywhere. You have to clean the filter this way each time you use it as it gets clogged up after one use. The ash and lumps of spent coal get changed into a very fine dust when sucked into Hoover.

21st November 2013: another update. I got fed up cleaning the filter everyday, so now I rake the fire as much as I can, without making a dust cloud, then empty the ash pan in the garden like I used to and only use the vacuum to get up the ash that I would normally have brushed up in the past. This way there is no ash dust flying around the room and I only have to clean the filter when the suction decreases, then I know it needs cleaning and empty the vac bin.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10