Profile for MI > Reviews

Content by MI

MI

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
The Whole Soy Story: The Dark Side of America: The Dark Side of America's Favorite Health Food
by Kaayla Daniel

5.0 out of 5 stars The truth about soy, 22 Aug 2014
I have been seeking the truth about what I eat for many years, and I have believed lots of what so called experts have said. I've eaten many so called "healthy" foods, including soy and spent a fortune doing so. My health never improved, just got worse over the years. I came across people who were doing the same as me, and some of them have website blogs that have helped me access books like the whole soy story. I thoroughly recommend this book if you think soy is good for you, you will change your mind when you read this book. Ignore people who say soy in its modern form is okay. Be informed and make the right choices. Another book I would recommend is The Untold Story of Milk. We have been so brainwashed by the food industry and others, and it's still happening!

Vax Genuine Filter Kit (Type 10) - C91-P2/C90-P2 Power 2 Cylinder
Vax Genuine Filter Kit (Type 10) - C91-P2/C90-P2 Power 2 Cylinder

5.0 out of 5 stars Vax filters, 22 Aug 2014
All filters need replacing after a while. This pack was well worth the money and my Vax is working like new.

Vax Genuine C91-MZ Mach Zen Series Filter Kit
Vax Genuine C91-MZ Mach Zen Series Filter Kit

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny, 22 Aug 2014
This filter pack has given my Vax a new lease of life. You have to replace HEPA filter eventually as it will start to break up inside. Some people think their machine has given up the ghost when the suction becomes weak. Not so, just clean or replace filters. Saves you a lot of money! Filters not expensive to replace and well worth it.

Nudity in a Public Place: Confessions of a mini celebrity
Nudity in a Public Place: Confessions of a mini celebrity

4.0 out of 5 stars The real John Nettles, 14 July 2014
This is a John Nettles fan book. He has an easy to read style of writing, but sometimes one feels as if the English used is a bit Shakespeare. He is honest about his ego, playing the field, alcohol, etc with entertaining stories of his antics. This book reveals a John Nettles opposite to how people imagine him to be in real life.

ALOE VERA: Warnings for Use: What You Should Know?
ALOE VERA: Warnings for Use: What You Should Know?

2.0 out of 5 stars aloe Vera, 15 Jun 2014
This is a very, very short booklet. It is FDA biased. It is helpful in explaining what Aloe Vera is and made up of. It also explains possible problems that could arise when taking Aloe orally or topically. I think, as with all natural substances, it could cause problems if taken regularly in large amounts.

Have Your Cake and Lose Weight Too!: Slim Down & Heal Your Body While Eating Delicious Fats, Carbs, & Real Whole Food!

4.0 out of 5 stars have your cake and lose weight too. (how to heal your gut), 12 Jun 2014
I bought this book because I read DaNelle's blog and enjoyed her honest approach to trying to get her health back, going down incorrect routes, finding the solution, then realising it was a real chore trying to do everything herself, which meant hours in the kitchen, and that you could cut a lot of things out and do them differently. I have the book Nourishing Traditions, and have tried to cut out as much junk and source natural food, but it is not always possible to get what you want. DaNelle's approach to getting going is refreshing and took a weight off my mind. I personally don't have space in my house to store a whole seasons worth of fermented food. I've done kefir, it really works, but I couldn't keep up with it, so ate the grains and stopped. I made fermented food, whey from yoghurt, but ended up stopping because I was the only one eating it and had nowhere to store it, and there was too much. I've made sourdough too, so I was pleased to read in DaNelle's book you can soak flour overnight instead of sourdough. What a relief!! I make small amounts of bone broth which is no problem. This book will educate you about real food vs the industrialised food and also when and why modern diseases started. DaNelle has a no nonsense style of writing, she says it as it is! There are a lot of books out there which are very good, but they don't give you the same sense of " it's OK if you can't/don't want to spend hours slaving in the kitchen or don't have enough storage space, there is a way round it". The book contains daily menu plans for 1 month, shopping lists for those meals, then the recipes themselves. For someone just starting out on their journey to health, I recommend this book. For people living in the UK, the recipe measurements are American.

Padded Halter Neck One Piece Swimsuit Swimwear Tankini / UK 6, 8, 10, 12 (UK 6 (Tag M))
Offered by A168

5.0 out of 5 stars Padded halter swimsuit, 6 Jun 2014
My granddaughter was not developed enough to wear this when I first bought it, even though it was her age group. However, it now fits her perfectly and looks really good on. I Think the cups should not be formed, but just 'soft', so beware of buying as the cups are formed and stand out.

Shea Butter Unrefined - 100% Pure and Natural - 1Kg
Shea Butter Unrefined - 100% Pure and Natural - 1Kg
Offered by Mystic-Moments

5.0 out of 5 stars Shea butter, 6 Jun 2014
This is amazing stuff. I just use it as a hand cream, but it can be mixed with coconut oil, or other oils and pure essences to make all sorts of skin remedies. The quality from this seller is very good.

The Sewing Machine Accessory Bible
The Sewing Machine Accessory Bible
by Wendy Gardiner

5.0 out of 5 stars Sewing machine accessory bible, 6 Jun 2014
This is a great must have bible. Easy to read, photo instructions, covers all accessories and gives ideas for using the accessories. Covers fabrics, threads, needles, sewing machine attachments and how to use them, plus lots more things. One of those books you will refer to time and again.

Complete Book Of Sewing (Needlecraft)
Complete Book Of Sewing (Needlecraft)
by Chris Jeffreys

5.0 out of 5 stars Complete book of sewing, 6 Jun 2014
A very comprehensive book in a small format package. It replaces the old version large formal hardback. Lots of colour photo instructions. Everything you need to know about sewing. It's the best book I've found that covers everything in photo detail. A must have sewing companion.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10