Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer (Devon, UK)

Pinocchio The Tale of a Puppet
Pinocchio The Tale of a Puppet

5.0 out of 5 stars Has a place in every childhood, 25 Dec. 2013
I look forward to reading this book to my nephews.

The various events which take place serve to educate Pinocchio, teaching him lessons as he goes along. Many of these lessons are still relevant to children today.

This edition isn't exactly perfect, for example pictures are missing. BUT it's free and it does the job if you want to read the story without illustration. If your audience would do best with illustration then another version would be better. However I personally didn't need pictures so this edition was perfect for me.

Cold Feet In Hot Sand
Cold Feet In Hot Sand

4.0 out of 5 stars I lovely little bit of escapism., 12 Sept. 2012
The characters have dimensions but are likeable. Although nothing in the story is hugely surprising it's still engaging. Although I talk of escapism it's not because the story is unrealistic. I needed a bit of escapism and a happy story recently and this story nicely filled that need. I like this author and can trust that in her books I will find characters I can like and an interesting story, and this book is no different.

Morphy Richards Never Loses Suction 73231 Family and Pets Compact Bagless Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner - Purple

4.0 out of 5 stars Generally does the job., 26 Aug. 2012
This vacuum cleaner fits neatly away when not in use. It's light enough that for example when moving it to clean up upstairs it's not cumbersome or difficult to move. To clean the stairs I normally hold the body of the machine in one hand rather than stretch. It holds more than you would expect for the size.

Some of the down sides are it doesn't always get all the hair up. Most of it. Not perfect. 4 star rather than 5. And the head attachment that they recommend for furniture is big so not terribly practical. Also the catch/release for emptying it catches every single time. So I have to manually open it/empty it.

I'm not unhappy, and it does a good job for the price. I'm happy with my purchase but it's not perfect.

Coconut Oil (Kokosnussöl) - 500ml
Coconut Oil (Kokosnussöl) - 500ml
Offered by afrocosmetics4u

2.0 out of 5 stars overpriced, 21 Jun. 2012
Having bought the product from elsewhere, I can attest that as coconut oil it is fine. BUT I found it in tescos for £1.69.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 1, 2014 7:50 PM GMT

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Fine until they fell apart, 16 Jan. 2012
With size 5 feet I can choose between kids shoes and adult ones. Having previously killed a pair of kids walking shoes faster than I expected I decided to go for adult ones for a similar price in the hope they might be marginally better quality. When I bought these shoes I was wrong. Within a few months they had worn through on the soles and a hole had appeared at the side. I decided not to bother buying any more and went to my local mole avon to buy more kids walking shoes. They're already lasted longer than these shoes did, support my feet better, are more comfortable and only cost a few quid more.

Yes they were cheap, but my experience is that there is little else to recommend these shoes.

Little Book of Whittling: Passing Time on the Trail, on the Porch, and Under the Stars
by Chris Lubkemann

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely little book, 13 April 2009
It's not a carving book. It's a whittling book. These are little things that you can sit and whittle in your garden, on a picnic, round a campfire.

Nicely laid out and explained. Loads of information but delivered in a style that means the stuff you need is easy to pick out.

He just goes to show that when carving and whittling a small simple knife is all you need. Plus the wood of course.

Work Wonders: Feed Your Dog Raw Meaty Bones
Work Wonders: Feed Your Dog Raw Meaty Bones
by Tom Lonsdale

4.0 out of 5 stars Only 5 stars, 13 April 2009
Only 5 stars for this book. It's a brilliant book about raw feeding. There is however a couple of mistakes:

Chicken carcasses are actually not that meaty. They don't count as a meaty bone. If they're what you can source as a meaty bone, feed with additional meat.

Second. Offal is important for dogs and every effort should be made to include offal, especially liver and kidney, in your dog's diet.

Those are two niggling negative points in an otherwise rather super book. If you want a book to help support you in raw feeding and as a guide. This is probably the best book you can buy.

One more point. The diet sheet on Londale's website does not match the diet laid out here, in particular he doesn't recommend ground/minced food in the book. And he explains why.

The Mammoth Book of Celtic Myths and Legends (Mammoth Books)
The Mammoth Book of Celtic Myths and Legends (Mammoth Books)
by Peter Berresford Ellis

4.0 out of 5 stars A sound, cheap introduction, 1 Nov. 2008
I know another review blasts this book for not including as many stories are their irish mother knows, but I loved how this book was divided up into each celtic nation. If you're looking for just irish or just scottish or just welsh stories look elsewhere, if you're interested in stories outside of just a single nation this is a lovely book. It's a good starting point if you're not really sure of your interest or don't have many books of this type.

I also like the introductions to each section and story too. This book might not offer as many stories as some books but the author has obviously looked for stories that are not just from each nation but have a known historical context. As someone with an archaeological background it's nice to know I'm reading stories that are actually old rather than just folk stories. The bibliography contains lots of probably out of print books, but it is long and you're almost certain to find other books through it.

The writing style isn't the best in the world but I have honestly read much much worse. If you already have plenty of books on this subject you can probably safely give this one a miss, but if you have an interest and not lots of books I can recommend it.