Profile for Chloe > Reviews

Abomination (New Windmills)
Abomination (New Windmills)
by Mr Robert Swindells

5.0 out of 5 stars Abomination review, 18 Sept. 2007
I read this book in an English lesson when I was in...year 7...maybe 8 or even year 9 i cant really remember, but what I do know is that it was a fantastic read for anyone who loves a good thriller story.
It had a great plot and built up really good tension. The ending was brillaint and I loved it so much I am going to order it off amazon tonight!
I recommend it to everyone!!!
xx~~

Nineteen Eighty-Four
Nineteen Eighty-Four
by George Orwell

3.0 out of 5 stars My view on George Orwell's Nineteen Eighty Four, 29 Jun. 2006
This review is from: Nineteen Eighty-Four (Paperback)
We have been reading Nineteen Eighty Four in our English lessons and are now doing a piece of coursework about the book, mainly based on the main character--Winston Smith.

When we first started reading the book, I found it quite boring and quite an effort to read, however when Winston first met up with Julia and then when he was taken to The Ministry Of Love, the story began to unfold,and it started to get a bit more interesting.

My favourite part in the book is when Winston is trying to be "cured" by O'Brien at The Ministry Of Love and he is trying to understand and agree with what The Party think.

Overall it is a good book, with lots of twists and turns, and although the ending wasn't as good as I predicted, it turned out to be a well worth it and enjoyable read.

The Incredible Journey of Mary Bryant [DVD] [2005] [2006]
The Incredible Journey of Mary Bryant [DVD] [2005] [2006]
Dvd ~ Romola Garai

5.0 out of 5 stars An exceelent film!, 18 April 2006
I saw this film on the TV a couple of days ago. It was so good it made me cry! The acting was brilliant and the story behind it was inspiring and moving.

It defenitely deserves 5 stars!

The Ring Two [DVD]
The Ring Two [DVD]
Dvd ~ Naomi Watts
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars My Review on The Ring 2, 15 Nov. 2005
This review is from: The Ring Two [DVD] (DVD)
As soon as I saw The Ring 2, I was so in love with it. There are so many great effects-so many scary scenes, and a great cast.