Profile for James > Reviews

Content by James

James "Life-long Geek" (Wareham, United Kingdom)

Base Unit Console: Black (PSP)
Base Unit Console: Black (PSP)

3.0 out of 5 stars Close, but no Cigar., 21 Sept. 2006
The PSP is a really well made bit of kit. The screen is lovely, the controlls are sturdy and the wireless connection is very handy indeed.

The design is lush and it is very versitle. So why only 3 stars?

Games. When I got my PSP at launch, I got Wip3out Pure and Lumines and I still think there are the best games on the console over a year later. I keep on wanting to pick up my PSP, but the lack of any "killer apps" makes it hard for me to get the most out of it.

I recently purchaced a Nintendo DS Lite. And while the console is not without its flaws, there are so many great games on it, and more on the way.

If you want a versitle bit of kit with a lovely screen, the PSP is the one for you, but if you want a truely great gaming experiance, the DS blows this one out of the water.

Ginger Snaps [DVD] [2001]
Ginger Snaps [DVD] [2001]
Dvd ~ Emily Perkins
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible!, 12 April 2005
This review is from: Ginger Snaps [DVD] [2001] (DVD)
This film is incredible and I recomend it to anyone who likes scary/different/original films.
Its pretty cheap and its worth every penny!

The Ultimate Matrix Collection - Limited Edition with Figurine and Collector's Book [DVD]
Dvd ~ Keanu Reeves

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 5 Jan. 2005
This box Set is INCREDIBLE!! I would right a longer review but the super burly brawl is coming up!
"And What if you Fail?"
"I wont".

Creative Zen Touch 20GB MP3 Player
Creative Zen Touch 20GB MP3 Player

5.0 out of 5 stars And So I get some gigs in my Pocket., 5 Jan. 2005
Okay, So for a good while I ummed and arred about getting an iPod without really thinking about any of the other options that were out there.
Then I went to buy one, 4 to 6 week wait... Great, so I look at the reviews and I learn one thing, they are just a fassion Item, the proper gadget is this little bad boy.
So it arrives and I copy all my CD's (which I had ripped of in preperation after placing the order) onto my Zen.
And thats it. Its loud (goes great with some good sony headphones because the ones included are lousey) the battery lasts forever, 20 gig Is really all you need, unless you have a STUPID amount of music, at 128kbps, I fitted 48 hours of music on and only took up 2.6 gig, that means that I could fit about 15 days worth of music on this, and thats a gorram lot!!
Buy one of these and be impressed, I know you will.
Cheaper than an iPod too!!

Halo 2 - Limited Edition In Metal Box (XBOX)
Halo 2 - Limited Edition In Metal Box (XBOX)
Offered by Planet Games And Gadgets

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible, 15 Nov. 2004
What can I say, this is just Amazing. The Single player is just massivly involving (even though bungie threw everyone off track) and the Live is Just Incredible, the best live game I have ever played, without a doubt.
The only downside, is the ending is a bit abrupt, but that doesn't make it any less of an incredible ending!!
Buy this game, get Live, Have Fun.

The Matrix - Revisited [DVD]
The Matrix - Revisited [DVD]
Dvd ~ Lorenzo di Bonaventura
Offered by best_value_entertainment

4.0 out of 5 stars Totally Interesting, 27 Oct. 2004
This review is from: The Matrix - Revisited [DVD] (DVD)
I got this in a double pack and I was very impressed, its great to see how this epic film was made!
This is Also available in the up-coming Ultimate Matrix Collection

Spirited Away [DVD]
Spirited Away [DVD]
Dvd ~ Daveigh Chase

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible, 27 Oct. 2004
This review is from: Spirited Away [DVD] (DVD)
This incredible piece of work took me by surprise, I went to my local cinima expecting to see yet another Anime film and I came out with a whole new look at anime.
It can be more than robots and ninja's, it can have integrity, it can be dubbed well!
Watch this film with an open mind and I promise you, you wont regret it!

Beyond Good & Evil (Xbox)
Beyond Good & Evil (Xbox)

5.0 out of 5 stars A very Charming adventure, 27 Oct. 2004
I picked up this game after hearing a few good reviws and I wasnt dissapointed.
The Graphics are great, the Story is great and most importantly, Jade, Pey'J and Double H are all great charactors.
I may only ever play this game once as much of its charm in in its wit, and funny is the most fun when you dont know whats coming.
Its cheap and its great, give it a go and dont regret it!

Firefly - The Complete Series [DVD] [2003]
Firefly - The Complete Series [DVD] [2003]
Dvd ~ Nathan Fillion

5.0 out of 5 stars A Show that Deserved more, 7 Oct. 2004
I must say i have never been more angry at a studio than I am Now, Fox, WHY did you end this masterpiece. I can honestly say this show was so great, in my mind it is the best TV show I have seen in an age.
Buy this, Love this, Mourn this...
This Show WITHOUT A DOUBT deserved to reach series 2, it is funny, exciting, interesting, it had a great story, great charactors, great effects and great sets. I cant see WHY this was cancelled.
Joss, if you read this know this, Buffy and Angel were nothing compared to this, pull ALL your strings and get this back on TV! The film that is coming out, I believe is a new version of the first episode of the TV Series, this could spawn a second series. I hope it does, I really do.
Buy this and Enjoy, you wont regret it.