Profile for Keith Pordum > Reviews

Content by Keith Pordum

Keith Pordum

The Republic: The Influential Classic (Capstone Classics)
The Republic: The Influential Classic (Capstone Classics)
by Plato
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Age Old Wisdom, 29 Sep 2012
I was compelled to read this book based on the reviews of Robert Morris and Donald Robertson, and also as I already possess most of the works of Tom Butler-Bowdon, which I value greatly. I concur with the excellent reviews given by Messrs Morris & Robertson and this excellent book now sits proudly in my library. I am now encouraged to buy more of the books in this excellent Capstone series, and look to 'be inspired'.

Tao Te Ching: The Ancient Classic (Capstone Classics)
Tao Te Ching: The Ancient Classic (Capstone Classics)
by Lao Tzu
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Capstone's TAO TE CHING, 15 July 2012
Being a fan of the works of Deepak Chopra I knew that I would like this classic of eastern philosophy and spirituality. I was not disappointed. The book is greatly enhanced by the scholarly introduction by Tom Butler-Bowdon (TB-B), which adds context and insight into the timeless wisdom of this work. I followed TB-Bs recommendation to dip into this book, as it is a series of meditations contained in short chapters. If you are one who likes to reflect on daily life this is a great book to stimulate your thinking. This Capstone book is excellent value, and it has whetted my appetite to read the rest of this series of classic books.