Profile for hula-girl12 > Reviews

Monday to Friday Man
Monday to Friday Man
Price: 0.98

5.0 out of 5 stars A great light-hearted read, 30 Aug 2012
For 20p, this book is a bargain on the Kindle.

I enjoyed the wit and the style of writing - this was my first book by Alice Peterson - she certainly knows how to keep a reader entertained. I didn't feel there were anything written that was too heavy or detailed; everything is written in an easy-to-read-don't-need-to-think-too-much which is great for a read on the plane, by the beach or hotel pool.

I thoroughly enjoyed the story; Jack's secret was not something too crazy and certainly you are rooting for Gilly all the way through.

Recommended!

Into the Darkest Corner
Into the Darkest Corner
Price: 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Captivating - a great read., 30 Aug 2012
This is a great read! I like the style of writing; flitting from present to past. This really gives you a sense of how much Catherine changes after she meets Lee. Equally, you can see how much her OCD improves after she meets Stuart.

The plot was great and it was very believeable - even though you know it's fiction, you are left with a sense that domestic violence happens to women (and men!) every day.

From an enjoyment perspective, the pace of the book was good and the ending was enough to make me smile even though it may not be "perfect".

Before I Go To Sleep
Before I Go To Sleep
Price: 2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars 50 First Dates but with a kick, 30 Aug 2012
Really enjoyed this book. I was reminded at the beginning how similar the plot sounds to 50 First Dates but as you read on you realise it's nothing as sweet and fluffy as a romcom. This is a very well-thought out plot. I don't rate on believability because I think all books takes a little artistic licence - I'm only offended when the plot is ludicrous and it's not a fantasy book.

Anyway, the low point is that you do get quite frustrated as the protagonist in the book does. I suppose that's the genius of the author but at points you do want it to move onto the next part. As a reader, you really are in the shoes of the protagonist - both waiting to know what the next page would reveal.

Brilliant twist - heartwarming ending. Recommended.

Angel Killer
Angel Killer

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant - magic, illusions & mystery is a great combination, 30 Aug 2012
This review is from: Angel Killer (Kindle Edition)
This is the first book by this author that I've read and it was brilliant. I loved how the plot goes from illusion to illusion. I've always wanted to know how tricks are done and the author has managed to brilliantly combine explanations of illusions to sustain the plot.

At points it seems a bit far-fetched but the plot twists were good and the pace keeps you reading. Unfortunately the ending had rather no real explanation - there wasn't a tie in with an already developed character etc. but in some ways that made the ending seem less forced.

A brilliant read!

Overheard
Overheard
Price: 6.60

4.0 out of 5 stars A really good laugh, 30 Aug 2012
This review is from: Overheard (Kindle Edition)
Very enjoyable book - some parts made me laugh out loud. Easy to read and a good way to pass the time. Recommended.

Don't Close Your Eyes (Stephanie Chalice Thrillers Book 1)
Don't Close Your Eyes (Stephanie Chalice Thrillers Book 1)
Price: 0.77

5.0 out of 5 stars So good I've bought the whole series!, 30 Aug 2012
This is one great author and one great series!!!

This is the first book in the Stephanie Chalice series. Sure, you may have to stretch your imagination with this character because she's smart, sexy and a police officer and seems to have everything perfect. Therefore, some might say she doesn't have too much substance. However, I enjoy protagonists in detective stories that are traumatised war veterans!

She day-dreams about sex, is in love with her partner and is very witty. The writing style is great and onto the plot; absolutely brilliant. You are slowly drawn into how these different bodies and events are linked together until the climax which you may have guessed but it doesn't make it any less interesting!

I was left scrambling to find the other two books; the 2nd one I've just started and had to reluctantly put down as I had to go to bed. Since my holidays have been used up and plane reading is out; good thing the weekend's coming up. :)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4