Profile for Metaltoe > Reviews

Revolutions
Revolutions
Price: 11.22

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!!, 24 July 2013
This review is from: Revolutions (Audio CD)
This is a brilliant album by Liquid Horizon! The concept being revolutions, times and events in history when people have taken a stand against oppression and tyranny - songs with lyrical themes such as the struggle of the Native Americans and resistance to the Nazi regime etc, culminating in a brilliant 20 minute trilogy about the French Revolution. Every song here is a real gem, perfectly done. Interesting stories, skilled musicianship by the whole band, very powerful vocals (Oliver Kilthau has a great and individual voice!) - strong melodies and addictive hooks. Makes you want to punch the air, it's so emotional and involving. BUY THIS ALBUM and make your own day! In fact, buy ALL this band's albums right now - you won't be sorry.

Script of Life
Script of Life
Price: 18.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning album!, 1 July 2013
This review is from: Script of Life (Audio CD)
I'd never heard of Liquid Horizon till I heard this. And bloody hell - what a fantastic album! It knocked me off my feet with how good it is right from track 1. Great, complex music and intelligent lyrics. Not a dull bit anywhere. Perfectly crafted yet at the same time with an edge of rawness (if that's not a contradiction? But true!) The vocals by Oliver Kilthau are powerful and quite amazing. Can't recommend this one enough. This German band deserves to be WAY more well-known and appreciated.

Systematrix
Systematrix
Price: 16.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good!, 20 Jun 2013
This review is from: Systematrix (Audio CD)
A little harder to get into than the last Ivanhoe, but after a few listens it starts to grab you. Intricate and interesting songs, and Mischa's vocals are as good, varied and recognisable as ever. There's a great new version of Madhouse, from Mischa's solo album, Mang 94. A very good album!

Antiadore
Antiadore
Price: 9.30

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Goth Metal, 10 Jun 2013
This review is from: Antiadore (Audio CD)
This is powerful Goth Metal on the heavier side - with lots of melody that gets in your head. It has that recognisable solid Lacrimas sound, lots of dark emotion and atmosphere. Every song is excellent and the whole album holds together thematically and with a deep intense sound. You'll want to keep playing it once you've heard it a couple of times. Rob's vocals are moody and sexy - and their previous singer, Christopher, is guesting here doing backing vocals on a few tracks. Great Goth! Lacrimas P are one of the best bands doing this style of music.

Com/Kill
Com/Kill
Price: 9.54

5.0 out of 5 stars Weird and wonderful, 6 Jun 2013
This review is from: Com/Kill (Audio CD)
This isn't exactly Diary of Dreams - though there are parts of DOD that are recognisable here - the darkness, the more intense stuff. So yes, there's that familiar hypnotic feel, the repetition of powerful lyric lines, the thing that gets in your head. But this is less wordy, less melodic - more a total experience of emotional sound with a strong, angry, crushing rhythm. More music and sound than lyrics. Not for everyone, definitely, but then neither is Diary Of Dreams. I'd imagine there are some DOD fans who may find this experiment by Adrian and Gaun:A not quite to their taste. But if you like the powerful, different, challenging, emotional and weird . . . myself, I love it! And I can't get some of those powerful, repeated lines out of my brain: "Freaks like us, like you and me . . ." Do listen to it 2 or 3 times though, to get into it. :-)

THE EYE DOCTOR
THE EYE DOCTOR
Price: 12.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 25 May 2013
This review is from: THE EYE DOCTOR (Personal Care)
I find this to be comfortable, soothing and very effective for my dry eye/blepharitis problems. My eyes have definitely felt a lot better and less gritty and irritated since using this twice a day for about 10 minutes and then wiping my eyelids with Optrex eye lotion. Much better than messing about with damp flannels that don't stay hot. Also nice and relaxing to use in bed at the end of the day, and also for headaches. It should last about 5 months before needing to be replaced, which is pretty good value. I wouldn't want to be without this now. I'd recommend it to everyone with eye problems of this nature.

The Great Escape
The Great Escape
Price: 14.57

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, 20 May 2013
This review is from: The Great Escape (Audio CD)
I really can't understand the 2 star review for this album - unless the reviewer had maybe reviewed it after just one listen? I wasn't totally convinced after 1 play - I liked it ok but it's complex enough to take time to grab you. But after 3 or 4 listens - wow! It suddenly really kicked in and now parts of it are in my head all the time. The vocals are amazing and the song structures, the music, the tumble of lyrics - it's all excellent, powerful stuff,and the 30 minute epic space opera concept The Great Escape track is incredible and very moving. Just intelligent, perfect music, this. And personally my favourite SW album - but they're all great!

LADIES LONG 100% CRINKLE COTTON TIERED HIPPY BOHO GYPSY SKIRT WITH INTERNAL PETTICOAT
Offered by EezeeCat
Price: 23.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely!! Buy one!!, 1 May 2013
These skirts really are lovely, and the pictures don't really do them full justice. I bought one and ordered another as soon as it arrived and I'd tried it on. Since then I've ordered 2 more. Well made and very comfortable but with a very nice flattering, floaty shape, adjustable drawstring elasticated waist and cotton underskirt lining, which is great and prevents the skirt being see-through. I'm 5'5" and the length was ideal, just below my ankles but not dragging on the ground. Perfect for summer and maybe autumn too. Lovely colours. Loose and casual but not too crinkly. The outside stitched seams and varying lengths at the bottom aren't a fault as a couple of the lower rating reviewers seem to think, but the "boho" style, look almost hand-made and patchworky. Well worth the money. I'd happily buy more in different designs - probably will! Only thing is - I do agree that anyone bigger than a size 14 would probably find them too tight.

Existence
Existence
by David Brin
Price: 6.29

1.0 out of 5 stars Unfathomable rubbish, 18 April 2013
This review is from: Existence (Paperback)
Eh???? I don't consider myself stupid and I've read a lot of challenging sci-fi. But this left me confused and lost - and that was after reading just a hundred or so pages, which I forced myself to struggle through before I gave up with great relief. And a lot of it is just plain boring and nonsense. Admittedly, I've struggled a bit with a couple of Brin's other books that were a touch too way-out for me in places, but I imagined this might be something like his book Earth, which was an amazing read. (And I enjoyed The Postman - though the film is better!!) But David totally disappeared up his own rear end with this one. Any bits of interesting or thought-provoking ideas were wasted in this jumble of indulgent rubbish. I think the readers who finished it deserve some sort of medal.

Waterlines
Waterlines

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful album, 24 Mar 2013
This review is from: Waterlines (Audio CD)
I'm not sure how the other reviewer can only give 2 stars or mention this in the same breath as Dragonforce or Freedom Call. This is way beyond those 2 other cheesy bands! The vocals are so powerful, fresh - and the lyrics are interesting and intelligent, not just the typical power metal cheesy stuff. Catchy music yes, and strong and vibrant, fairly leaps out at you and grabs you by the throat in a delightful way. It's one of my favourite metal CDs and I never tire of it. Excalion are a fabulous band.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-18