Profile for Puff > Reviews

Streamlight LED Nanolight
Streamlight LED Nanolight
Offered by Outdoor Gear Company

5.0 out of 5 stars Tiny but packs a real PUNCH!, 26 Nov. 2015
Nanolight; where were you when I was changing my car headlight bulb the other day! I can’t argue actually, it arrived two days before the estimated delivery day! So kudos to Amazon :)

This is such a teeny-weeny micro light that packs a real punch for it’s minuscule size. It about a half size of a AAA battery and about the same width. Hang the torch on your keyring and you won’t even notice its there. The body of the torch is made of metal but the lobster clasp is plastic with a metal-looking finish, however it does seems durable.

The torch is incredibly bright, I think it gives off around 10 lumens and has a battery life of 8 hours. I don’t see myself using it for 8 hours straight! Only for a few minutes at a time max, so I recon the four batteries inside will last me a while before they need replaced. You can easily light up a room and navigate your way round if there was a powercut, for example.

I intend to use it to unlock my garage door now the days are short and to navigate to and from my house door as well. It would have been handy to have it the week before when I dropped a small washer in the car footwell and it was too dark to see! This torch would have been a great help if I had it then! Also I see it coming in handy at the local picture house to navigate my way to my seat in the dark and also when out camping. So I can already foresee this wee torch earning its keep very quickly indeed.

Love it.

Extra Select High Energy Suet Pellets Berry 3 Kg Refill
Extra Select High Energy Suet Pellets Berry 3 Kg Refill

5.0 out of 5 stars Disapearing, one pellet at a time :), 25 Nov. 2015
My birds love these. I put them out and are always the first to go. My sparrows and coaltits love them and always fly back to their nest carrying one pellet at a time in their beaks :3 Of course they attract many of my other birdies too!

Big thumbs up!

AKORD® Pink All-In-One USB HUB 3 USB 2.0 Ports with Multi-card Reader Combo for SD/MMC/M2/MS MP (Pink)
Offered by Akord Technologies Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it's meant to do :), 19 Nov. 2015
Spare USB Ports for PC - Check.
Built in card readers for my millions of SD cards - Check.

This is a great device combo and as a result takes up little room at my PC. I bought in Pink and Black and although it's all made of plastic, it feels pretty well made. When power is supplied to the device, it lights up in blue which is pretty cool I think.

My only nag would be that it takes a little bit of practice to insert the Micro SD card into its slot correctly - sometimes it feels like it doesn't go in *right*. When cards are inserted, they stick out of the device which makes them easy to remove with your fingers. :)

Overall a good product indeed.

Anytek AT11DA - 1080P HD Camcorder Vision Car Traffic Recorder Noctura Wide Angle
Offered by TopBrandBoxUK

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply an excellent Dash Cam to have :), 16 Nov. 2015
Note: Long Review/ Life Story!! I've also added a few photos to my review.

Okay, so those of us who have bought or are away to purchase a dash cam, the reasons for doing so are self-explanatory!

After much researching on Amazon, I settled on this camera and placed my order. Once it arrived at my door, initial impressions are positive; The camera comes well presented and protected in a box and all the contents were accounted for.
You get: 1 x camera, 1 x power cable, 1 x suction mount 1 x short USB to Mini USB cable and a user manual.

**Note: The camera does not come supplied with a Micro SD card - you will have to buy one separately. (I bought a Sandisk 32gb Class 10 card and works a treat. This records around 5 hours of footage before it loops over the oldest recorded footage.)

The camera feels of good quality although it is made mostly of plastic. It was easy enough to set up in my car and took 5 minutes max to do so. I say the same would take to set up the software settings of the camera itself. Beware that when you first power up the camera, all the settings are in Chinese! After a wee bit of hunting through the settings, I managed to change it to English.

Took the camera out on its maiden voyage and it stays glued to my windscreen no problem. It’s quite discreet, and I found that I quickly forget it’s there, however my only nag (which is not the cameras fault, but that of my ‘08 Astra car) that when I plug in the power supply to my car cigarette lighter, the power going to the camera is always on, whether the ignition is on or off regardless - thus if I leave the car parked up for any length of time, I will have to remember to unplug the power to the camera so I don’t end up with a dead battery! In the long run, I may just hardwire the camera to the car…

Got home and I reviewed my footage. I should note that you can either unmount your camera from the car bracket and and attach said camera to your computer (with the supplied USB cable) to view the footage, or you can simply pop out the micro SD card and stick it the computer to view it that way.

You don’t need any special software to view the footage I find - just navigate to your folder and simply open up the file you want to look at. I set up my camera to record in 5 minute segments and this makes it easier to find a particular timeframe to playback on your computer.

The quality of the footage is superb for the price of the camera I recon. It’s all recorded on HD 1080p or 720p if you so wish, and all looks crisp and clear and you can easily view it on a big screen. I feel the colours could have been a bit more saturated, but that is just my opinion. Night time recording is super as well and this camera proves that cameras do not need those little IR sensors all over them to work in low light. However, if you find that the footage is too light/ dark/ white balance is a bit off, you can pop in to the settings on the camera and tweak it accordingly.

Also this wee camera can take photos as well as recording footage. It also has a small built-in battery for short term use (so you can quickly take footage or photos outside of the car in case of an accident or show it to Police at the scene?) but it’s primary source of power is the cable.

If you do end up in an accident etc, with a press of a button, you can lock/ protect that particular part of footage so the camera doesn’t overwrite it when it loops. You can also set the camera to lock it automatically if it detects you’ve been in an accident.

Camera also records sound, it has a time and date stamp on it, and you can input your car registration if you so wish just for reference. The camera doesn’t have GPS on it but I’m not that worried about it.

Overall, a very good camera indeed for the price, you cannot complain. I always say that you are always getting more tech for your money these days AND at an affordable price. The old saying ‘You get what you pay for’ simply doesn’t hold true any more!

This is a very capable camera and I am pleased to have purchased it. Recommend.

Will update if I can think of anything else to say!
Comment Comment | Permalink

Nochoice® Colorful Magnetic Car Mount Kit for Cell Phones (1 Magnet + 1 Ball) (Purple)
Offered by Firm-Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it. Best phone mount for cars., 15 Nov. 2015
Love it. This is simply the best phone mount for cars out there.

It's small, attractive, strong and incredibly simple gadget to have.

Just like the photo, mine is purple and it is all made of metal.

After much thought of where about to mount it on my dashboard, I picked off the plastic backing on the magnet for the phone and applied it to the back, and did the same for the ball mount and firmly applied to to my dashboard. I had to take a few attempts for this to stick to my dashboard since it has a lumpy, tactile feel to it - It struggled to stick at first but after pressing it down for a few minutes and then leaving it for 24 hours to cure, it is now well and truly stuck to the dash! Now mounting my phone is easy-peasy and done in seconds - no faffing with clips, grips, suction cups etc that block the windscreen. Fabulous! It's so discreet too.

The magnets are quite strong on this with no danger of your phone falling of whilst travelling, yet it is easy enough to pull off the ball itself to remove. It's incredibly easy and smooth to swivel your phone on the ball too but stays put when it's not manipulated.

Only downside - the magnet for the back of the phone is a bit thick, but I can deal with that. I might get a thinner magnt for the back in the future? Of course if your phone is metal you will not have this problem :)

This is the best car mount I have ever owned. Top marks to the seller.

3 x RFID Credit / Debit Card Protectors
3 x RFID Credit / Debit Card Protectors
Offered by Grendle_Enterprises

5.0 out of 5 stars Yup, they work :), 10 Nov. 2015
It works!
Bought the same sleeves but from a well known auction site instead.
Received them today through the post and tried them out at my local McDonalds self-service terminal- they do work! My card was not read at the payment device until I took it out of its sleeve, hurrah!

The sleeves seem to be made of a thin, flexible metal and feel quite durable. My only minor niggle would be that I had to trim the edges off the sleeves ever so slightly with my guillotine so the sleeve would fit in my card section of my purse. Otherwise, card fits fine in the sleeve, not too difficult to get in or out, and pleased to say that the sleeves are indeed protecting my cards from malicious intent.

A must for everyone!

Scrubba 'Wash Bag'
Scrubba 'Wash Bag'
Offered by Bear And Bear Gifts

4.0 out of 5 stars Great wash bag, but not without a particular flaw, 4 Nov. 2015
This review is from: Scrubba Wash Bag (Sports)
Having had this wash bag for several months now I feel I am now ready to give it a decent review.

As someone who does a lot of camping with my boyfriend, we felt we needed a better way to wash our clothes when away from home. Normally this meant using a basin with warm water and soap. It only ever did a mediocre job of cleaning our clothes.
Looking for a better way, I came across the Scrubba Wash Bag here on Amazon. A bit on the pricey side I recon but worth it.

It's based on a dry bag with with added features!

* A medium sized bag - you can fit most things like undies, socks, t shirts and lightweight trousers etc in to the bag to wash. However don't expect to get a pair of jeans in there!
*Once you roll up the top and lock it, it is leakproof.
*Flexible silicone washboard built into the inside of the bag. It has little nodules that you rub your clothes against and is very effective at getting the dirt out.
*Featherweight and compact design - when not in use, the Scrubba Wash Bag can be rolled up and takes up little room in your luggage. It's also featherweight which is a big plus also.
*As a result of the wash bag, I don't have to take as much clothes as I normally would when travelling.

*There is a little plastic valve on the Scrubba wash bag that you use to get the remaining air out before you commence your laundry session - It has split on my bag! I believe it has split from putting the little plug back in (which inevitably keeps popping out if you don't force it in otherwise). As a result when I am washing using the bag, some of the water dos leak out, however this is more of a minor formality in my opinion.

*As mentioned above, you cannot wash bulkier items of clothing like jeans in the bag - the bag simply isn't big enough. However, articles like lightweight hiking trousers etc shouldn't be a problem.

*Expensive for what is essentially a dry bag.

So I've mentioned my pro's and cons of the Scrubba wash bag, and overall I would recommend this item to anyone who does a lot of travelling and away from laundry facilities, or which may be dubious in nature. Add a small bottle of Dr Beckmanns Travel Laundry Liquid and you're good to go!

Nordvek Womens Luxury Russian Style Zhivago 100% Genuine Sheepskin Hat One Size # 504-100 - Black
Offered by Oakgrain Leather

5.0 out of 5 stars Divine, and great customer service, 30 Oct. 2015
Looking for a cosy hat for winter, I bought this exact hat from a well known auction website but from the same seller.

I love it!

It's real fur, and it's incredibly soft to touch as well as being very cosy. For me it is a well fitting hat and is deep enough to reach over my ears to keep them warm too. I've added a red enamel poppy brooch to my black hat and looks gorgeous on it, it's the icing on the cake.
Yes some people might think it's pricey, but considering this is real fur, I think it is very good value for money. Faux fur hats are around half the price however. I also love the choice of colours on offer too - I ordered mine in black, but I might buy a light pink one yet!

I must also praise the sellers customer service - the initial hat I ordered, my local RM Sorting Office lost it! I contacted the seller and explained the situation and they sent out a replacement hat ASAP - it arrived two days later! So big kudos to the seller for that. :-)

Tip: The fur on the hat might be a wee bit flat from transit, so I gave mine a good shake and a light brush to 'fluff' it back up again.

Top marks for quality, value, shipping and sellers customer service :)
Comment Comment | Permalink

Mutec Power UK-plug Quad-Port USB charger / adapter Travel & Wall Charging Station
Offered by AccessFox

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for all your USB powered gadgets!, 19 Oct. 2015
A must if your household as several smartphones/ tablets/ smartwatches/ other gadgets that charge by USB but only one wall outlet to charge from! My last USB plug of a different make went out with a literal bang after less than a year of usage, and so I bought this to replace it. I've had it around nine months now and gets used on a daily basis in my bedroom and no problems whatsoever. It has four USB ports, one highlighted in red which gives a higher amp output to that of the other three sockets - great for charging my portable powerbank which takes hours to complete a full charge. A big plus for me with this charger is that there are no LED lights on it. My last USB charger had four flashing USB lights on it, and unfortunately for me it was like Blackpool Illuminations in my bedroom at night! Hated it! So I for one am glad that this particular charger has no LED lights on it at all. I also like the green strip around the perimeter of the charger - it makes it easy to grip when you want to unplug it from the wall.

It does what it is asked for it, and it does it well.

Gold Fumi Bracelet Purse Hook
Gold Fumi Bracelet Purse Hook

5.0 out of 5 stars Forever comes in handy!, 13 Oct. 2015
Forever comes in handy this hook.
I've had one before but I wanted another in a different style. These are great for keeping your bag and jacket off the ground either when you're at a public toilet (hook your bag to the top of the door), on the bus, or at a restaurant and sitting outside, you hook it to the table for example :) Well, do you know what's been on that ground? Think if you put your bag on the ground, then you get home and place your bag on the kitchen counter where you prepare your food - yuck!!

This hook is great - so stylish, it can double as a bracelet which is what I do when it's not in use as a hook, and yet it is incredibly strong! I have a heavy bag I carry around daily, yet this hook will hold the weight without a problem.

I love it!

Only disappointment I have is that FUMI hooks are hard to buy here in the UK. Yes you can buy online from America etc, but it's incredibly expensive, not just for the hook, but the P&P too.

I would like to see more of a selection from either this seller in the future, or other UK sellers on other websites for more choice :)

Otherwise, top marks! I love my FUMI hook.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17