Profile for Puff > Reviews

Pebble TIME Smartwatch Black
Pebble TIME Smartwatch Black
Offered by Expidoo

5.0 out of 5 stars Love, love, love it :), 15 July 2015
If you're looking for a miniature smartphone on your wrist, then the Pebble Time isn't for you.

I adore my new Pebble Time smartwatch. It does what I ask of it, the Chief among them are relaying my notifications to my wrist, and of course, telling the time!
Of course this is only the tip of the iceberg of what the Pebble Time can do.
When you first fire up your new Pebble, it will ask you to install the companion app on your phone and from there you can install a wealth of apps and new timefaces to your Pebble.

I love the e-paper colour screen on the watch also. This was a big selling point for me - a smartwatch that is 'always on' - you don't have to shake it to see the time and it's readable in any light. And with e-paper, it's more battery friendly too. You won't find yourself charging this watch every night. The Pebble Company claim you can get 7 days of battery life out of the watch before it needs recharged...my experience with medium - heavy usage is that I'll get 4 days out of it. Still impressive I think!

I find it handy seeing my notifications on my wrist, and depending on the notification, you have a range of 'in-flight' options
to choose from to deal with said notification. Dismiss/ Archive/ Delete/ Reply etc... I love how you can reply to your notifications via your voice - you don't have to fish out your phone to reply to them. However, I find that the voice feature only works when your wifi/data connection is on.

Look and Feel:
The Pebble Time comes in an unassuming narrow box. Open it up and you'll find your watch along with the charging cable and a couple of small booklets.

The watch itself is beautiful IMO, although it's of a plastic construction it feels durable, and the wriststraps are made of silicone and are soft and comfortable to wear. However if you're like me, I wanted to personalise and jazz up my Pebble so I changed my wriststraps to leather in a teal colour. (22mm wristsraps fit the Pebble Time if you're looking to change them)
Also the smartwatch is waterproof - I've worn it in the shower, bath, when doing the dishes, and it still works perfectly.

Bluetooth Connectivity:
It pairs up well with my Android smartphone and works without incident. One concern I had is that I also use a handsfree bluetooth earpiece when driving at times, so I wasn't sure if I could connect both my earpiece and Pebble to my phone at the same time....However I needn't have worried, they both connected to my phone simultaneously without any problems. If anything it's handy when your handsfree earpiece rings and you can see on your Pebble at the same time who is calling you! Great!

IMO this is the best smartwatch on the market at the moment. Yes there are smartwatches out there with all the bells and whistles, and are essentially mini smartphones on your wrist, but they are very expensive and all that for what? To need charged every single night?! No thanks!

For me, the Pebble Time does everything I ask for it, the main one being relaying my notifications to my wrist.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 20, 2015 6:36 PM BST

Pink Bluetooth Headset V3.0 For Samsung - I9500 Fraser - I9500 Galaxy S4 - I9505 Galaxy S4 - I997 Infuse 4G / Connect 2 Phones Simultaneously - 5 Hours Talk Time
Offered by MemoryCardsIE

5.0 out of 5 stars It's pink, it's tiny, it's cute! :3, 2 July 2015
What a cute wee earpiece! :3
It's pink, it's tiny and has a soft silicone-feel to it and is soft and comfortable to wear in-ear. Works just as it should and paired with my smartphone with ease. As far as I can tell, the sound quality is good and the person on the other end has no problems hearing me either. Only downside is that it can only be used for calls - you can't listen to music through it etc.
Comes with a choice of earplug sizes, a short USB charging cable and an ear hook thing for extra security when being used.

Recommend.

[New Version] VicTsing Mini Stereo Music Wireless Bluetooth V3.0 In Ear Headset Earbud Earpiece Earphone Headphone Handsfree with Mic Support Stream Music/Video/Audio For iPhone 6, 6 Plus, 5, 5S, 5C, iPad, iPod, Sumsung Galaxy S5, S4, Note, HTC One(M8), Most Bluetooth Enable Device - Apple Andriod Smartphone, Cell Phone, Laptop, Tablet, PSP (White)
Offered by VICTECH

1.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointed indeed., 1 July 2015
Not happy.
It's never been able to connect to my phone after countless attempts to do so.
Also it's horribly uncomfortable to wear in my ear even if it did pair.

Shame really because this earpiece is tiny and would've been great to use I'm sure.

Dissapointed to say the least, because the majority of goods I buy from Amazon are top notch.

Cubot X9 Unlocked Cell Phone 5.0 inch Octa Core MTK6592 2GB RAM 16GB ROM Android 4.4 (Gold)
Offered by ilastore-eu

5.0 out of 5 stars Cubot Convert - Chinese Smartphones all the way!, 1 July 2015
Time for a new phone and once again I’ve snubbed the big names for a Chinese smartphone, this one being the Cubot X9.

My previous phone was a Cubot smartphone and it has served me well without a problem, but it was time for a new phone. I am delighted with my new phone, I love the look of it - it’s virtually a 1:1 of the iPhone 6 but of course runs on Android 4.4.4. As always, the price of Chinese smartphones are a big selling point for me. They always have super specs and a super price and the X9 has a premium feel to it too. They are literally a fraction of the price of the big names, without sacrificing quality and power. I don’t believe in paying a huge sum for a big name! As usual, you have access to all the apps on the Play Store too.

Pros:
-Durable, featherweight and a metal back to it.
-Looks like the iPhone 6, which I love.
-Crisp, sharp, saturated screen.
-VERY sensitive to touch the screen!
-Camera is good for snaps and the LED light is bright!
-Unlike the iPhone 6, the camera is flush to the body of the smartphone ;p
- Dual SIM facility. The second SIM tray doubles as a micro SD slot.
- UPDATE 2/07: Now able to root the phone using 'ROOT Genius' which caters especially for Chinese Smartphones. 10,000 in fact!

Cons/ Nitpicking!:
- Runs on Android 4.4.4 Kitkat (Not the latest OS if that is a concern for you. But doesn’t bother me TBH)
- Personal opinion but I find that the reception with this phone isn’t as good as my last Cubot phone - Before I’d have full bars inside my house, whereas with the X9 it might be only one or two, and this seems to be the case even when out-and-about.
- HotKnot feature. This is Mediateks answer to NFC. It only communicates with other HotKnot smartphones and disappointed that you can’t use the likes of NFC tags with this phone and what-have-you :(

Okay so this phone isn’t perfect - no phone is - but for £114 at the time of writing (1 June 2015), this is a great quality phone to be had. As I mentioned before, I don’t believe in spending vasts amount of money on a big name phone only to dispose of it in 12 months or so. Chinese phones have come on leaps and bounds the past five years and this phone is no exception. I am a convert to Cubot phones and I know that the X9 here will serve me well for a year or so to come.

Give Chinese smartphones the benefit-of-the-doubt. I have and I haven’t looked back!

Highly recommend indeed.

Will update my review in the near future once I’ve used the phone more extensively.

_________________
PS - If this wasn't helpful to you, could you state why in the comments please? I will try and clarify anything in my reviews as much as possible. x

BW® 7" LCD Monitor Bus Lorry Car Rearview Waterproof Reversing Camera with Audio+2*6m Video Cable Free (BW)
Offered by DTV ELECTRONICS

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Lorries, great kit., 27 Jun. 2015
I bought this for my dad so he has some means to see whilst reversing his WW2 military lorry. As with any lorry, the rear end is a massive blindspot, and without a camera, you might as well be blindfolded trying to back it up.

I specifically ordered this kit for several reasons:
- It can run on 12 or 24v power. We required 24v for the lorry and works a treat. (A lot of reversing kits are only 12v?)
- Big 7in TFT screen. Great to see at a glance without squinting at a tiny screen trying to manoeuvre the lorry.
- Heavy duty camera. Housed in a metal case, it feels very robust and take on whatever the weather will throw at it. Also has an adjustable shade on top of it.
- IR camera/ sensors for night time use.
- Price. IMO the Value for Money-to-Quality ratio is superb! Doesn't feel cheap and nasty, feels like it will last years.

I'm no techie but I'm assured by my dad that it's easy enough to wire and set up. However I noticed there was no instructions with the kit, so that might be a stumbling block if you're not tech savvy...

However, I like that it comes with a tiny remote control so you don't have to reach over to the screen to use it. In addition you can leave the camera on during your trip, not just for reversing - makes for a great rear view mirror!

Overall, I recommend (and has my dads approval which is more important!)

Worth the money, folks. Go for it! :-)
Comment Comment | Permalink

NEW Sexy Beautiful Layered wavy Red mix Long Ladies Wigs Burgundy Skin Top Wig UK
Offered by Wiwigs Stylish Hair Store (UK)

5.0 out of 5 stars A joy to wear!, 19 Jun. 2015
I have bought many a wig from Wiwigs here on Amazon and I have always been thrilled with the amazing quality of all their wigs. They are so soft to touch when you take them out of their packaging and netting and are well presented. This wig is as the picture shows and is a joy to wear and I get loads of compliments on it from family, friends and complete strangers! They think it's real hair! It takes five seconds to put on and you don't even have to brush it. When I wear wigs, I sometimes like to add an accessory or two to it just to jazz it up - like a hairband, flower or a clasp. Not that the wig needs it, but is dismisses anyone who is dubious about your 'hair' plus it looks fabulous :)

This is a steal at £19.99 and arrived the next day, horray!

Hints & Tips
+++++++++
I've been wearing wigs on and off for two years, simply because I don't want to damage my own hair with styling and dyes, and wigs are the best way to go. Change your appearance on a whim? Yes please! So I have some tips for new wig wearers.

**When you take your wig out of it's packaging, it's probably flattened with being in transit. Give it a good hard shake to loosen up the fibres to wake the wig up.

** Some wigs can look shiny when new and can make the wig look wiggy, so you can lightly dust some talc on it and gently rub it through the fibres to dull it down a bit. Or you can wash your wig a few times in cool water with some soap and towel dry.

**NEVER use hot appliances (Hairdryers, straighteners etc) on these wigs. They have syntheic fibres and will melt if you use heat on them.

**Please store your wig with care when not being used. Wigs can get tangled up easily if you don't look after them properly. Invest in a wig stand :)

NEW STYLE Black Mix Burgundy Wavy Ladies WIG Wiwigs
NEW STYLE Black Mix Burgundy Wavy Ladies WIG Wiwigs
Offered by Wiwigs Stylish Hair Store (UK)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wiwigs - a joy to wear!, 19 Jun. 2015

This is a steal at £19.99 and arrived the next day, horray!

Hints & Tips

Perspi-Guard Control Antibacterial Body Wash 200ml
Perspi-Guard Control Antibacterial Body Wash 200ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Bloomin' heck, it works! :D, 9 Jun. 2015
Bloomin' heck, it works!
Let me tell you a little story; I have suffered from hyperhydrosis (excessive sweating) since my teens and I have tried *everything* to combat it as well as the BO that comes with it. I've tried OTC and prescribed meds with mixed results. They either don't work at all, or the the sprays stings like hell and is unbearable to use.

However, I gave this antibacterial wash a go after looking at all the positive reviews and I am glad I purchased it. Combine this with the Perspi-Guard Spray and Persi-Rock Deodorant and I am BO and sweat-free for the day! Before it was embarrassing smelling of BO, you could shower as much as you wanted but it would always come back, but with this Body Wash, it eliminates it altogether. Amazing! It doesn't smell clinical or anything, it just smells...neutral I suppose. Even though this comes in a 200ml bottle, this will last me ages since I only need to dab a wee bit under each armpit when showering to eliminate body odour. Big thumbs up!

Will I buy this again? You bet! I have my confidence to go out in public without embarrassment again, yay!

If you suffer with hyperhydrosis and BO as a result, you know how debilitating it can be, so I really recommend you give this a go :)

Perspi Guard Antiperspirant Treatment 50ml
Perspi Guard Antiperspirant Treatment 50ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Bloomin' heck, it works!, 9 Jun. 2015
Bloomin' heck, it works!

I came across this spray and *touchwood* it works! Spray a couple of squirts on to the problem areas - armpits foe me - go to bed and the following day you are as dry as the Sahara Desert! Combine this with the Perspi-Guard Antibacterial Body Wash, and there is absolutely no BO either. I cannot believe this works, but it does. I don't know if it's the ingredients in this spray, but my armpits do not sting after applying it, which is a big plus for me.

A little on the expensive side, but I think this will last a while before having to buy another bottle.

If you suffer with hyperhydrosis, you know how debilitating it can be, so I really recommend you give this a go :)

Epsom Salts 10 kg Medical Grade
Epsom Salts 10 kg Medical Grade
Offered by Epsom Salts

5.0 out of 5 stars super salts, 4 Jun. 2015
I love Epsom Salts. They seem to help aid my healing surgical wound, and they help relax me before going to bed.
I ordered 10kg of these salts because they are incredibly great value for money! I first noticed Epsom salts in a well known supermarket who are selling them for £7 per 1kg! Rip off! So do your maths and you'll see how much you get for your money here on Amazon!
I'm glad to see that the salt was packaged in 1kg bags. I couldn't imagine storing a massive 10kg bag in my bathroom!! I've added some photos for reference.

Top marks to the seller, delighted with these :-)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16