Profile for Puff > Reviews

Content by Puff

Puff (Forfar, Scotland)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14
EQUIP Oversized wipes - case of 7 (168 wipes)
EQUIP Oversized wipes - case of 7 (168 wipes)

5.0 out of 5 stars Baby wipes, eat your heart out!, 24 April 2015
Trialing body wipes for when camping, I tried these. They are a large pack and worth every penny. Each wipe you take out of the pack is very moist and bubbly and of course it give you a great shower-fresh feeling when using them. I use maybe four wipes on my body and these have become indispensable. I love these and I am glad the seller sells them as a case of 7. I currently keep a pack in my bedroom, bathroom and in the car for those hot, muggy days for a freshen up. Oh so much better than small packs of baby wipes that everyone seems to use for camping and festivals which half the pack tends to dry out. They're for babies, not you!

Would buy these again without a doubt. Try them and you will not regret it!

Drive Medical CX001 Coccyx Cushion Blue
Drive Medical CX001 Coccyx Cushion Blue
Offered by Easier To

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't underestimate the power of a coccyx cushion!, 24 April 2015
Very comfortable when you have an ailment on your backside. It really helps to take the pressure off sitting down. For several weeks, this cushion would come with me most places: at home, in the car, at friends homes etc and its great that it has a carry handle too! And when you stand up it springs back in to shape instantly. Best purchase in a long time.

Envirosax Daisy Gingham Minisax by Ecohandy
Envirosax Daisy Gingham Minisax by Ecohandy
Offered by Bbuys

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Lunch Bag, 23 April 2015
I own four regular Envirosax bags and they are indespesable. I thought I'd try the Minisax and it's fabulous for holding a sandwich, bottle of juice and a packet of crisps for lunch. They're as durable as the regular bags and take up very little space in my handbag. Delighted!

Premier Pad White Dressings, Sterile, 20 x 20 cm, Pack of 15
Premier Pad White Dressings, Sterile, 20 x 20 cm, Pack of 15
Offered by ASB First Aid

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent pads for wounds, 22 April 2015
Eight weeks ago I had an operation which required daily dressing changes, and this is what the surgeons and nurses thereafter used on it. They are very soft and very absorbant and can be held to the wound with Mefix 10cm wide tape. Although the nurse can prescribe me these pads (and free in Scotland!), it takes a few days for the prescription to be processed and ordered before collecting them at the pharmacy. So looking on Amazon I was delighted to find you could buy them online and very affordable too at just under £6 at the time of writing - it was hardly going to break the bank! Pack of 15 will last me a while and because I'm a Prime Member, they arrive on my doorstep the following day. Happy! Thats exactly what you need when you have a surgical wound - prompt delivery and no worries!

TENA Wet Wash Glove - Pack of 8
TENA Wet Wash Glove - Pack of 8
Offered by Drylife

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous if you're bedbound or camping in the great outdoors, 21 April 2015
Trialing bedbath style wipes for when camping in the great outdoors, I'd thought I'd try these. They come in a pack of eight gloves and I like the idea of a glove-style wipe, because it makes for cleansing your skin far easier than using any regular wipe. They are very thick and moist, and they do not tear at all. I think you're meant to use a whole pack for a 'full bedbath' experience (one for each limb, chest, back, bum and face & neck) but I get by with happily using two to freshen up with when I'm out. Did I say they smell lovely too? :)

I think for the pack size, it is good VfM and if I were to be going out camping for more than a week, I'd happily buy several packs of these to take with me to use when showers aren't available.

Delivery was quick, thye arrived within a couple of days so no complaints there. If I could make one suggestion to Tena, it would be to make these in a bigger pack, e.g - 10 or 15 wipes per pack?

Would I buy these again? You bet! Fabulous wipes if showers aren't an option. Whether you're bedbound, or trekking the great outdoors like myself :)

Clinell - Universal Sanitising Wipes 20x30cm in Tub (x100)
Clinell - Universal Sanitising Wipes 20x30cm in Tub (x100)
Offered by Miller Medical Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars If they're good enough for the NHS, they're good enough for me!, 21 April 2015
Stellar wipes. I spied these being used by my nurse at my local GP Surgery to wipe down the examination couch and other surfaces - they are also good and friendly to use on your skin too. The wipes kill virtually every germ, virus, bug etc. I bought some to use around my home, especially when someone has been ill. I only wish I'd known about these wonderful wipes a few months ago and it might've prevented me from contracting the horrible norovirus.

On that note, I should explain the Log Kill for antibacterial wipes. I've also added a picture to explain it further.
Most consumer-level antibacterial wipes that you can buy (EG - Dettol Wipes in the supermarket) have a Log Kill between 1-4 or 99.99%. What this means is that 1 in 10,000 bacteria surviving/ resistance forming.
Whereas Clinells Universal Wipes are marketed with a Log Kill 5-7 99.999% which means it has a Commercial Sterility or 1 in 100,000 bacteria surviving/ resistance forming and upwards. These are industry standard wipes, used in NHS hospitals, surgeries, care homes etc. Plus I find that buying Clinell Universal Wipes work out CHEAPER to buy than other big brand names (EG Dettol). Not only are the Clinell wipes cheaper to buy, but they are far more powerful in killing bacteria, viruses etc than anything you can get in the supermarket, hands down!

I bought two tubs - one for upstairs and downstairs in the house.
The wipes are very moist and bubbly - they have to be! When you wipe your hands/ surfaces, it has to be *visibly wet* for at least ten seconds to be effective. Longer depending on particular viruses you want eliminated. Also the wipes smell pleasant to use and because there's no alcohol, it won't dry your hands out with frequent use.

Bottom Line? If they're good enough for the NHS to use, they're good enough for me! Highly recommend and great VfM. Would buy again without a shadow of a doubt.

Clinell Universal Wipes 40pcs - Pack of 4
Clinell Universal Wipes 40pcs - Pack of 4
Offered by Muzamedical

5.0 out of 5 stars If they're good enough for the NHS, they're good enough for me!, 18 April 2015

I bought four packs of 40 Clinell Universal Wipes - pack for my bag, in the car and one for both upstairs and downstairs in the house.

Clinell Body Care Patient Wipes (Bed Bath), Pack of 80
Clinell Body Care Patient Wipes (Bed Bath), Pack of 80
Offered by Nutwell Medical Supplies

4.0 out of 5 stars Essentially babywipes. If you're looking for the larger wipes buy Clinell Bedbath ones., 31 Mar. 2015
Note: To assist in explaining my review, I have added my photo/ diagram of the two different wipes for comparison. Click on the picture for a larger view.

Review: Good wipes but disappointed at the same time. I bought these thinking they would be the same size as the large Bedbath Wipes, but these are like regular sized baby wipes, hence there is more per pack. I don't think it helps that Clinell have these two different sized wipes packaged in very similar packaging. They're still good wipes, but if you're looking for a 'full wash' you'll have to use many to get the job done. Wouldn't buy these again, since it was an error but I would buy the larger Bedbath Wipes however.

PURAX Pure Pads Antiperspirant - Pack of 30 Pads
PURAX Pure Pads Antiperspirant - Pack of 30 Pads

4.0 out of 5 stars A blessing for us hyperhidrosis sufferers, 22 Mar. 2015
Having suffered with hyperhydrosis/ excessive sweating in my armpits (among other places) since I was a teenager I have tried many products that supposedly prevent excessive sweating, like the aluminum chloride antiperspirants (of various strengths) either with little or no success or suffering with the horrible stinging sensation you tend to get with them when they're applied. I've also tried the sticky pads you stick to your clothing with limited success - they aren't sticky enough and will fall off within a few hours plus they're a faff to apply correctly...

I came across Purax Pads and I liked the idea of them sticking to your armpits and not your clothing. Half way through my first box and by and large they are a success for me. They keep my clothes dry, sweat and odour at bay for 5 hours or so and I can reapply with a new pair of pads if I so wish.

I agree with some of the other reviews that they are indeed very sticky and can be a bit painful to remove (I gently press on my skin and pull the pad away at the same time tends to help ease the pain a bit) and as a result I have knocked one star off my review. In spite of this, for me it's a small price to pay to stay dry and odour-free for the day, as well because other remedies have not worked for me in the past.

Also I find that if you apply antiperspirant/ deodorant before applying the pads, make sure you let it dry first, otherwise the pads will not adhere!

Worth the money if you suffer with hyperhidrosis like myself. You can't put a price on it IMO.

Recommend. Thumbs up from me!

Drive Medical GRSC12-2 Suction Cup Grab Bar Grey
Drive Medical GRSC12-2 Suction Cup Grab Bar Grey

5.0 out of 5 stars Blessing in Disguise :), 5 Mar. 2015
It's not until I was in hospital for an op recently that I could really appreciate the use of grab bars affixed here, there and everywhere! They were most beneficial in the shower I found, and eternally grateful for them.

When I got home I came on here to Amazon and ordered a suction grab bar, and at times like this I'm glad to be a Prime Member since my parcel arrived by courier the following day. As soon as it arrived I got my other half to unpack and stick it on the shower wall at a 45 degree angle for me to use. I have tried it out and I could not function in the shower without it. It's very easy to apply, hold firmly on the wall and press (very hard!) on the tabs to fold down for it to take suction on the wall. Give it a we tug to make sure its got a good strong hold and you're all set to go.

This is indeed a fabulous grab bar, very strong, lightweight and doesn't come off on a whim. The price was excellent too.

Recommend indeed.