Profile for Lee Duncan > Reviews

Content by Lee Duncan

Lee Duncan "M.Duncan" (Fife)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Bassbuds Classic Collection Gold Plated 3.5mm In Ear Headphones with Genuine Swarovski Element - White

5.0 out of 5 stars So much better than expected..., 14 July 2012
I love music and cannot go a day without listening to it. When everyone else is asleep i'm listening to my music and doing my art so when I read about Bassbuds I was intrigued.
Now I don't know about ear buds and the workings but the reviews looked amazing and I liked how they fit all smart phones as well as having gorgeous Swarovski elements in each bud.
I purchased these and they arrived quickly. They came in a gorgeous black box and look very posh, sleek and the crystals really pop.
I tried these out on both my Galaxy Note phone (phablet) and my Blackberry and they worked and the sound quality is amazingly clear! unlike other ear buds these also felt comfortable and secure. (Nothing worse than getting ear bud ache)
I would advise anyone thinking of purchasing these to do it as they really are so much better than you would expect them to be.

Paul Penders - Natural Jasmine Shampoo - 200ml
Paul Penders - Natural Jasmine Shampoo - 200ml
Offered by Green Bear UK Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Only the best will do, 24 Jun 2012
I received a small tester bottle of this in a beauty box and I was a little bit dubious about it's claim to make hair manageable and shiny but I wanted to test it as I have been desperate to have shiny hair.
Typically my hair is dull, lifeless, thin and can look lank and greasy. My scalp gets 'nippy' but lacks the typical dandruff with dry hairs. I cannot remember the last time I had shiny hair.

Normal high street and salon brands dry out my hair resulting in conditioners and hair masks being a necessity. I tried Paul Penders and at first I didn't think it would do anything as it doesn't foam like a typical shampoo due to not having the hair stripping SLS in it. It felt kind of like syrup and smelled gorgeous like an adult baby shampoo scent.

I used a 10p size amount and after about half a minute I felt it become more manageable and easy to cover my hair due to it's slight foam. As soon as I came out of the bath I noticed my hair didn't become frizzy like it normally does when drying and later it was really soft, the next day it looked really soft and was more manageable and I wasn't left greasy looking like normal.

1 week later and I am buying the full size product. I ran out of it so had to use another high street brand last night and today my hair feels lank, greasy, dull and chalky!!!! enough said really. Paul Penders is definately a miracle shampoo for me personally and does what is claims to do.

Guerlain Orchidee Imperiale Exceptional Complete Care Rich Cream - 50ml/1.7oz
Guerlain Orchidee Imperiale Exceptional Complete Care Rich Cream - 50ml/1.7oz
Offered by Scent Warehouse

5.0 out of 5 stars Orchidee Imperiale - The cream of youth and beauty, 12 Nov 2011
I love to look after my skin, after all it's a constant throughout our lives and we cannot swap it for another. I started my skincare journey with Nivea and Dove skincare creams and moved onto Clinique when I turned 18.

In my early twenties I was diagnosed with a chronic long-term health condition that left me having to take huge amounts of medication daily. This quickly took its toll on my skin and it seemed that overnight I had gotten white hairs and wrinkles; I had discoloured skin on my forehead and around my left eye which never went away even after pregnancy.

Suddenly I found that Clinique just wasn't cutting it. I grumbled and moaned about my skin as I was trying everything. Massage, scrubs, creams, lotions and potions. I tried many big name brands and was left deflated when they never achieved what they were promising.

Last year my husband and I went shopping for Christmas presents and we ended up in House of Fraser. I noticed the beautiful Guerlain Orchidee Imperiale Complete care cream and was allowed to test a small amount on the back of my hand. I loved it straight away but knew there was no way I would have this as it carried a hefty price tag of £225. This was hugely expensive in comparison to my other skincare creams.

About two days later my husband said to me to just get the cream as an early Christmas present. I searched online and found it for £180 including delivery on Ebay and it arrived about one week later. The first thing I noticed about this cream was the beautiful bottle. It looks like a small spaceship in my opinion with the metallic light gold lid. It has 'Orchidee Imperiale' engraved into the lid and the bottle itself is a thick clear glass with a deep purple set into it.

The cream has a light floral scent and isn't overpowering which I liked as I have never been keen on walking around with heavy scent on my face. Here's what I noticed when using the cream;

* It wasn't greasy on the skin.
* It left my skin nourished, moisturised and healthy looking all day until I re-applied later that night.
* My eye around looked perkier and less bag like. I never noticed the fine lines as much as prior to using this cream.
* My face looked as though it has lost weight in a good way. My skin didn't feel as though it was sagging in certain areas, especially around the lower neck and at the throat area.
* My skin looked more radiant. I didn't have to rely on foundations or concealers while using this cream.
* My skin didn't break out in pimples and spots.
* My cheek bones looked more defined.
* My discoloured skin faded around my left eye and improved around my forehead within 8 weeks of using this cream.
* After five months of use my forehead discolouration has faded so that is was barely noticeable.
* Friends commented on me looking better but couldn't put their finger on what had changed. They said I looked happier, healthier and glowing.
* I felt more like someone of my own age rather than a young lady trapped in an older woman's skin.

The cream
___________________________________________________________

Guerlain Orchidee Imperiale Exceptional cream focuses on 10 years' worth of research on the Orchid flower, and its natural ability to 'turn back cellular time'. In mythodology the Orchid flower is the flower of 'beauty and eternal youth'. The Orchidee Imperiale cream uses these properties to;
*Give the skin strength and restores density.
*Contours and redefined skin.
*Smooth the appearance of wrinkles.
*The skin's texture is redefined
*Skin is moisturised and deeply nourished.
*Skin is left radiant
*Replenishes deep down into the skin leaving skin feeling comfortable.
*Recovers back the skin's life and youth.

The cream works day after offering these benefit and you can really feel the benefits within 48 hours in my opinion. Skin is left feeling hydrated and velvety and smooth and is the only cream that I have found to deliver the results it promises.

Conclusion
____________________________________________________________
I love, love, love this cream and everything it does. I did notice results within days and the longer it was used the better my skin looked. I purchased the 50ml and although it's not a huge size, you only need a tiny amount of skin to moisturise the face and neck area.

It glides onto the skin with ease and instantly offers relief from tight skin. I have combination skin especially around my T Zone where it can get really greasy however the Orchidee Imperiale worked with the skin as though it knew where to offer larger amount of moisture.

I never broke out in pimples and spots with this cream which really was a bonus and one application in the morning really did last all day. I also never had to wear as much make up as my skin looked healthy, even coloured and radiant.

Although this cream carries a hefty price tag I feel it is an investment and if you can afford to purchase this then do so.

Most definitely five out of five stars.

Summary: Orchidee Imperiale - The cream of youth and beauty

Guerlain Orchidee Imperiale Exceptional Complete Care Cream - 50ml/1.7oz
Guerlain Orchidee Imperiale Exceptional Complete Care Cream - 50ml/1.7oz

* It wasn't greasy on the skin.
* My skin didn't break out in pimples and spots.
* My cheek bones looked more defined.

The cream
___________________________________________________________

*Give the skin strength and restores density.
*Contours and redefined skin.
*Smooth the appearance of wrinkles.
*The skin's texture is redefined
*Skin is moisturised and deeply nourished.
*Skin is left radiant
*Replenishes deep down into the skin leaving skin feeling comfortable.
*Recovers back the skin's life and youth.

Conclusion
____________________________________________________________

Most definitely five out of five stars.

Summary: Orchidee Imperiale - The cream of youth and beauty

Bad Teacher [DVD] [2011]
Bad Teacher [DVD] [2011]
Dvd ~ Cameron Diaz
Offered by best_value_entertainment

3.0 out of 5 stars Bad teacher is borderline bad, 18 Sep 2011
This review is from: Bad Teacher [DVD] [2011] (DVD)
I believed this would be hilarious. Cameron Diaz is known for her quirky, comical roles and i didn't believe this would be any different. The cast line up looks amazing. Cameron Diaz as Elizabeth the dumped fiance who goes back to teaching. She tries to do everything she can to 'not' teach and to raise money for a breast enlargement.
Justin Timberlake plays a sensitive and quite dim teacher called Scott who has money. Elizabeth tries to woo him in hopes he can be her next sugar daddy and Jason Segel as Russell, the with it gym teacher who only has eyes for Elizabeth but lacks the bank balance she desires.
Elizabeth is the worst teacher ever, drinking on the job, smoking pott on her lunch break, cheating at exams and bribing her pupils and their parents. With a big pay out going to the teacher who's class scores the highest on a test Elizabeth takes a u-turn and starts doing her job, well so to speak.
I won't give everything away but the film i thought was ok, not nearly enough jokes and humour the adverts lead us to believe.

Hop [DVD] [2011]
Hop [DVD] [2011]
Dvd ~ Russell Brand
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

4.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious film for all of the family., 18 Sep 2011
This review is from: Hop [DVD] [2011] (DVD)
I watched this with my husband and three young sons. The story is about E.B who is an up and coming easter bunny who poops jelly beans. He will follow in a long line of easter bunny's but he has other dreams.
E.B freaks out the day before he is announced as the official easter bunny, he slips out of his home and goes to the big apple to seek fame and fortune as a rock star drummer.
E.B meets Fred who nearly runs him over, Fred is a grown up work slacker who can't find or keep a job, always finding faults with each company. Fred knows there is something different out their waiting for him to do but just can't find it much to the annoyance of his mum and dad.
while en-route to house sit for his sisters boss Fred meets E.B. E.B stays with Fred and they agree to help each other reach their dreams. E.B as a drummer and Fred as a easter bunny! Yes, you read that right, a human easter bunny.
They both come across obstacles and their friendship grows, will they reach their dreams? you'll need to watch to find out.

This film was loved by all of us, even our fussy five year old.

Something Borrowed [DVD]
Something Borrowed [DVD]
Dvd ~ Kate Hudson
Offered by skyvo-direct

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely film., 18 Sep 2011
This review is from: Something Borrowed [DVD] (DVD)
I have watched this now about 8 times in 2 weeks. I love this film and thought they played their parts so well. If you had a best friend who you would do anything for and the love of your life, who would you choose?
This is the problem that Rachel has, having missed her chance at love with the man in question her best friend Darcy falls in love with him. The marriage is doomed and Rachel who has always loved Dex hides her feelings for him as she loves her best friend a lot.
After being talked into looking after number 1, Rachel decides to share her feelings for Dex and they have a few romantic liasons which prove how suitable they both are.
Darcy and Dex split up but will Dex get back together with Darcy and Rachel find love with her good friend and confidante Ethan or will Rachel and Dex find true love?
you'll have to watch and find out, the ending isn't as obvious as it seems.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 15, 2011 9:59 AM BST

The Iron King (The Iron Fey)
The Iron King (The Iron Fey)
by Julie Kagawa

3.0 out of 5 stars Confusing, not was i was expecting, 18 Sep 2011
I purchased this hoping that it would be as exciting as the blurb. I wanted to know more about her father and why he went missing, how would she find out, what would happen etc.
However, this book seriously dissapointed. The start i feel could have been far stronger, the image of the ramshackled home and her step father and mother wasn't great. I was expecting more from them throughout the story that could tie strongly to the start.
As a mum there was a few episodes where i was gasping when it talked about her baby brother. I could never imagine that sort of thing to happen.
As the story progressed and her father who went missing isn't her father but the faery king is her father but her mum doesn't know (see how tiring and confusing that is )
Anyways long story short, i won't be reading the next instalment but may give some other titles of Julie Kagawa a read when they come out.

Mini Shopaholic: (Shopaholic Book 6)
Mini Shopaholic: (Shopaholic Book 6)
by Sophie Kinsella

4.0 out of 5 stars Uplifting and better than expected., 17 Sep 2011
As a fan of Sophie Kinsella's work and her previous Shopaholic books i came across this in the supermarket. I actually was not going to buy this, thinking that the books had become a tad predictable so thought i'd leave it. However, my husband picked it up for me as a surprise and once i started i couldn't put it down and it was finished by night time.

It starts off like the others with a series of letters, descriptions about Mini and herself and her love of all things fashionable and designer. It's brought to Becky's attention that her daughter is a handful, possibly even spoiled. In order for Becky to sway Luke into having another sibling for Mini she must prove that her daughter isn't a handful.

Long story short, she has a bit of a nightmare with Mini, her sister and Tom come back for their fake Christmas celebrations and she has a surprise party to plan for Luke as her way of showing him just how much he means to her.
At the start Becky and her mum, dad and Mini visit Father Christmas in the shopping centre, Becky wishes for a Zack Posen top and for Luke to be 100% happy and for a sibling for Mini. Although the story sways off the normal curbing the spending, designer chit chat and debt problems to booking parties and Mini's antics and Suze and Tarquin, Sophie Kinsella does tie it all up nicely at the end.

The ending for me actually made me go 'ahhh' and i'm hoping there will be another as there are plenty open storylines that could be used.

**Definately buy this book**

Dragon's Oath: Number 1 in series (House of Night Novellas)
Dragon's Oath: Number 1 in series (House of Night Novellas)
by P. C. Cast

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not great, 19 Aug 2011
I love the HON series and was excited to read this novella about Dragon (Bryan) Langford the warrior. Firstly i agree this is a short and thin book which was expected with it being a novella.
This book never really gave any huge insight into the character other than how he become known as the 'dragon'. The book tells the tale of how Dragon became a warrior at the HON and found his true love Annastasia who is a priestess within the HON.
Annastasia tells Dragon to pledge that he will consider mercy over his sword and he pledges that he will. When Annastasia dies Dragon then decides that he will not consider Mercy anymore that his love has been taken away from him.
Basically that is it, I recommend reading this but it is no way a match to the actual HON novels.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5