Profile for annedownunder > Reviews

The Bridge: Series 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Sofia Helin
Price: 15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, gripping drama, 5 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Bridge: Series 2 [DVD] (DVD)
Think that I may have missed the second series on the TV here in Australia, or maybe it hasn't been shown yet. Bought the DVD to ensure that we saw the next one. Have only watched 5 episodes, but it is great drama, and we are really having to control ourselves in not watching the whole series in one go. Very interesting story line about extreme eco activists, and trying to work out what is happening and how characters fit into the plot, makes gripping viewing. This series seems to explore Saga's character a bit more, and is absolutely hilarious. Sofia Helin is fantastic at playing the role and you really feel her personality defects. Martin's character is very dark because of the events of the last series, and this is also being explored and will be very interesting as to what happens towards the end. The Danish/Swedish dramas are great viewing and so gripping that you don't notice that you are reading subtitles. Fantastic to have the extra titles to choose from.

Davina - Fit in 15 [DVD]
Davina - Fit in 15 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Davina McCall
Price: 9.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great addition to my collection, 5 Mar 2014
This review is from: Davina - Fit in 15 [DVD] (DVD)
I had not tried a Davina DVD before, which I know is unusual after reading the reviews of many of her discs from her thousands of devotees. I have been using the Debbie Rush & Hannah Waterman DVD's, and I like their no nonsense sports approach, but now as my fitness levels have improved I was looking for something to take me a bit further, as I think that I have plateaued a bit.

I have now tried the Davina Fit in 15 a few times this week, and I am really impressed. Each section is 15 mins long but with the cool down this would take another 5 mins plus, so is a bit misleading in a way. However, I think that if you had made the effort to do one of the 15 mins workout, which really does get your heart pumping and builds up a good sweat you will want to do another section as it makes you feel really energised and good about yourself.

Interval training does seem to be the best way of improving your fitness with the added bonus of weight loss, I am trying to lose the last couple of kilos I have put on around my tummy (middle aged spread)!! I am proud of the fact that at 50 I can be as fit as I am, and these fitness DVD's make it so easy to do at home if you commit to doing them. Much cheaper than a gym membership, and Davina's team are very motivational.

Debbie Rush's Bulge Buster Workout [DVD]
Debbie Rush's Bulge Buster Workout [DVD]
Price: 5.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great motivation, 8 Mar 2011
I purchased this as part of my New Year's resolution - and I am so pleased. Debbie is a very down to earth presenter, and the exercises put together by an ex British Lions Rugby star made it sports orientated. The DVD is in sections so you can pick and choose which ones you want to do each time, including a warm up and cool down....... four sections are approx 40 mins. I really liked this because it is not too difficult to begin with, you can progress at your own pace and build in some extra difficulty when you choose too. I have really improved my fitness, and lost 4 kgs in the process in the last 7 weeks, so it does work, but you do have to do it!! The extras show Debbie at the beginning of the programme and her progress over a 3 month period, which I think was very brave of her, as it is unflattering, but certainly gives you a visual image that most 40 year old females can relate to - so well done and thank you. It is not about image this DVD but about getting results from a sports science angle which my husband has now decided is worth doing!!