Profile for Mr. S. Choo > Reviews

Content by Mr. S. Choo

Mr. S. Choo (London, England)

From All of Us - Printable Amazon.co.uk Gift Voucher
From All of Us - Printable Amazon.co.uk Gift Voucher

4.0 out of 5 stars For the uninspired gift-giver, 1 Oct. 2013
Look, let's face it - if you're giving a gift certificate as a gift, you're pretty hard up on ideas, or you just don't give a crap about the person enough to think about it hard enough. It is what it is and since Amazon has such a wide range of products you can't go wrong.

Konov Jewellery Wide Genuine Leather Unisex Mens Womens Bangle Cuff Bracelet, Punk Rock Style, Fits 7.5" to 8.5", Colour Brown (with Gift Bag)
Offered by Konov Jewellery

4.0 out of 5 stars Well work the wrist... get it? Wrist/Risk?, 1 Oct. 2013
Ok, so this cuff is a lot better than my pun. I've always worn a leather cuff and finding a replacement can be challenging. I was dubious about ordering one online but was not disappointed when this arrived. I have average sized wrists and this has 2 size settings. The smallest setting was a bit tight but after stretching the leather it fit perfectly.

The cuff itself is quite thick and sturdy but not clunky in any way. It reeks of that new leather smell which I'm not fond of but since wearing it a few girls have come up to me and said "oh god, I love that smell, it reminds me of riding horses". Not sure what's up with that, but it not only looks good, but apparently smells great too?

Might be wise to note that the seller ships this from China so you might be surprised by the estimated delivery date. What's more surprising is that it arrived about 2 weeks ahead of that so I was very pleased.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 29, 2014 6:06 PM BST

Navir Looky Periscope
Navir Looky Periscope

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just for kids..., 1 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Navir Looky Periscope (Toy)
A great little toy for the office too! I'll be honest... I work with some really hot girls, but my desk has 3 monitors and a tall desk divider which stopped me from seeing them. NOT ANY MORE! Now with this cute little periscope I can peer right over, unleashing the lecherous beast within. Mwhahahahaha!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 26, 2014 1:30 PM GMT

"Black Note Sleeve Wallet by Bellroy"
"Black Note Sleeve Wallet by Bellroy"

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this wallet!, 1 Oct. 2013
I'll be honest with you. Like most guys I usually hang onto my wallet until it's on its deathbed. And all of my wallets have been gifts from girlfriends who've been disgusted with the state of my legacy wallets. The trouble with this that women tend to buy wallets without considering that they must fit in your pocket and not in a purse... so they can sometimes have unnecessary zippers, compartments, etc. Bellroy have thought carefully about what a man actually needs and stripped everything right down resulting in this ultra-thin, ultra-functional wallet. An amazing product that you will not regret forking out a mere 60 bucks for.

Philips NT9110 Nose Hair Trimmer
Philips NT9110 Nose Hair Trimmer
Offered by Express Essentials

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't be scared!, 1 Oct. 2013
At first I was scared to put anything with whirling razors up my nose, but this thing is brilliant. After my initial trepidation I found myself going to town on those pesky hairs in my nostrils. My nose has never felt so clean and well groomed! For 10 bucks, I think it's a bargain!

Nerf N-Strike Maverick
Nerf N-Strike Maverick
Offered by Fayre Trade Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome. Simply awesome., 23 April 2013
This review is from: Nerf N-Strike Maverick (Toy)
I have had so much fun with this thing.

The dart things are pretty hefty so they give a nice impact. I am yet to find out if it will cause any serious injury if you get nailed in the eye because my flatmates are pretty good at dodging. I'm sure I'll score a tear-inducing shot one day. Hopefully.

Haven't experienced any jamming issues at all, and the darts whistle so they are easy enough to locate afterwards.

Super great fun to have around!

UltimateAddons 1.8 metre extra long retractable Sync and Charge USB Cable for Apple iPhone 4 / 4G
Offered by UltimateAddons-UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Meh., 23 April 2013
For £2 what do you expect. It's cheap plastic and the cable is cheap.

The mechanism only retracts properly if you pull both ends out fully and then let it snap back. I have found that the cable tends to unravel everywhere since the sides aren't sealed. Rather, the sides can't be sealed for this very reason, if they were you wouldn't be able to get the cable back in.

Does the job, but not a great build. You pay for what you get!

Plus points: charging the phone actually works with this. Cable is also quite long.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what is says, nothing less nothing more., 23 April 2013
Does exactly what it is supposed to.

Takes a few moments to adhere the two surfaces, but once the fabrics are bonded they hold well.

Use only for temporarily bonding materials which will be sewn together properly as it will wear off with time in the washing machine or with contact with detergents.

Note: Will leave a white stain on the fabric so unless you want to look like you had bird drop a load on your material it's best to be precise or bond this on the inside.

Anker PowerCore+ mini (3350mAh Premium Aluminum Portable Charger) Lipstick-Sized External Battery Power Bank for iPhone 6 / 6 Plus, iPad Air 2 / mini 3, Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge and More (Black)
Offered by AnkerDirect

4.0 out of 5 stars Small but powerful!, 23 April 2013
Great little product. Enough to charge your iPhone or any other device up to the 2600ma rating.

It's a lot smaller than I thought it would be, which is a good thing. It's so small that a friend thought it was lipstick or something. I'm a dude, so obviously that caused a bit of a laugh/joke amongst us.

It comes with a variety of adaptor heads so it will charge most devices.

One thing to note is that the box says you'll get around 500 charge cycles from it... so you probably will get a year out of this thing if you rely on it heavily.

In summary, very pleased at the product for the price.

If you want a small portable battery that can charge more-or-less any USB device, this is it.

Jaybird Bluebuds X Bluetooth In-Ear Earphones Midnight Black BBX
Jaybird Bluebuds X Bluetooth In-Ear Earphones Midnight Black BBX
Offered by enico

3.0 out of 5 stars Great product, but don't buy it yet!, 12 Jan. 2013
I bought these headphones on the 4th January 2013... used them 3 times in the gym and they were fantastic. By the 11th January they died completely. At my last use in the gym they were doing weird things like re-dialing, skipping tracks, lowering volume, and random powering off. When I got home the pairing indication was flashing but would not pair with my phone. I managed to repair it after telling my iPhone to forget the device, however after that they powered off and just won't come back on again. Basically dead after 7 days of use.

I did some scowering on the internet and found that this has happened to quite a few people, and the main cause appears to be that the little control box on the side doesn't like sweat. Jaybird make a big deal about how all of their stuff is finely engineered and sweat proof and they even go as far as to give a lifetime warranty against sweat. Apparently the newer versions are being treated with some kind of sweat repellent to combat this problem. I have contacted Jaybird about troubleshooting the device and/or maybe getting a replacement with this new repellent. I'll update when I know what's going on!

For now, I would recommend that people refrain from purchasing this product until it has been updated to actually be sweat-proof!!! If it helps, I had a pair of Jaybird Freedoms (1st gen) and they saw me through a whole year of running and various endurance events, they were fantastic.

Update: 14th January 2013
Ok, quick update. I contacted Jaybird yesterday and they knew exactly what the problem was. I spoke to a guy called "Pablo" on their live chat and he instructed me to send him my Amazon receipt, at which point he said "send it to me and I'll handle the rest". I haven't heard anything back yet, but again, I will update when I know more so that people can know what the process of getting a replacement is like and how long it will take.

As a side note, the second revision of the Bluebuds X not only has Liquipel treatment (sweat repellent) on the electronics, but also has a little ridge at the top of each bud to help seat the removable inner-ear supports (the shard type cushions). So if your buds already have this ridge it's a good sign you have the newer updated headset and shouldn't worry about them getting sweat damage. Likewise if you have received your replacement it's best to check you have those ridges too!

Update: 23nd January 2013
Can I just start by saying that the Jaybird support team have been fantastic in helping me and keeping me updated. I was notified on the 21st that they would be shipping me replacement buds, and that because my buds were out of action so soon they would just send them without me having to send mine back! Very happy about this! They sent me tracking information today and it looks like I'll have my replacement set by the end of the week. Hopefully these will last as long as my Jaybird Freedoms. Again, I'll update once I receive them and post some pictures if there are any visible differences between the old set and the "new" version.

Update: 31st January 2013
My apologies for the late update. I received replacement buds from JayBird on the 25th. The first thing I noticed was that there's a ridge for the support cushions to fit in. The previous buds I had were missing this, so I am confident these are indeed the new buds which have been treated with "Liquipel". I have used them in the gym a few times, however on my last session the buds were again sending weird commands to my iPhone and powering off randomly. After I let them sit for a while they powered on and connected as per-normal and currently seem fine... but I am still a bit worried they could die at any moment. It is definitely worth noting that I originally had the earbuds in the "X-fit" configuration which wrap securely around the back of your neck/head. This means the control box is flush with your skin/hair, thus exposing it to a lot more sweat. I have since changed to the original/standard configuration where the control box hands from the ear piece away from my skin to reduce sweat contact. In addition to this configuration keeping the control box a bit dryer, I have also found that the fit is better somehow. I think the control box is a nice touch but ultimately a design flaw since it effectively turns the sturdy cable which connects the two buds into a vulnerable weak point for sweat damage and fraying.

Update: 12th June 2014
They have lasted just under a year and a half now before finally dying on me today. It seems that Jaybird headphones really are amazing but still have a few kinks to work out. All in all, I'd say £120 for a year and a half heavy usage is not too bad at all. That's £12 a month for the pleasure. Unless they die earlier of course, in which case... I'd be pretty disappointed. Back to cheaper, wired, solutions for me!
Comment Comments (13) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 6, 2016 6:44 PM GMT