Profile for Angie G Mac > Reviews

Content by Angie G Mac

Angie G Mac "Angie Mac" (Manchester, England)

Page: 1 | 2
Real Techniques Powder Brush
Real Techniques Powder Brush

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous, soft brush, 2 Feb 2013
The quality of this brush is truly outstanding. There is no shedding, the shape of the brush is retained after washing and it makes applying make-up fun!

The Rose Petal Beach
The Rose Petal Beach
by Dorothy Koomson

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning, complex and incredible book, 13 Jan 2013
This review is from: The Rose Petal Beach (Hardcover)
The Rose Petal Beach is yet another winner from the excellent writer Dorothy Koomson. I think the way in which she explores human emotions in such a realistic way is unmatched by other contemporary writers. I started this book on a weekday so unfortunately could not stay awake to read it all but by the weekend I was unleashed! I was up reading it until the early hours. The plot is great, the characters are fully formed and 3-dimensional and the writing is beautiful. A definite must-read.

Beautify-Professional Elegant Black Chic Aluminium Beauty Cosmetics & Make Up Case
Offered by eSecure

4.0 out of 5 stars Spacious make-up box., 24 April 2012
I really like this spacious make-up box. My only concern is that the 8 compartments that pull out do not feel especially sturdy. However it is great for organising make-up and beauty products.Be warned, it is very large and requires a lot of space! A good buy in my opinion.

Think Like A Man
Think Like A Man

5.0 out of 5 stars Summer Anthem 2012, 9 April 2012
This review is from: Think Like A Man (MP3 Download)
This song is the best release of 2012. Catchy, wonderful singing and expertly produced. It is the perfect song!!! Jennifer Hudson and Ne-Yo complement each other very well in this song.

I Got This: How I Changed My Ways and Lost What Weighed Me Down
I Got This: How I Changed My Ways and Lost What Weighed Me Down
by Jennifer Hudson

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting and insightful but perhaps needs fleshing out., 14 Jan 2012
I am such a huge fan of Jennifer Hudson; she is so talented and beautiful. So when I heard that she had a book coming out, I pre-ordered it two months ahead of its release! "I Got This" is an interesting read and refreshingly honest. Jennifer speaks candidly about her weight battles and also about her career to date. I really enjoyed reading it and I think it was a good buy. However, I had this feeling throughout that it just needed fleshing out a bit. For instance, she mentions meeting her fiance David Otunga but in a strangely vague half-paragraph. These are the things that would make a book like this more interesting. There are a few further mentions about her relationship and I found these snippets very intriguing and I kind of wished for more anecdotes really. Also I think she could have spoken more about the highlights of her career, such as singing "I'm Here" for Oprah at the Kennedy Center Honors in 2010 and what that was like. Jennifer has so many standout performances and I would have liked to read more about how she prepares for massive events like that. The Weight Watchers section wasn't too overpowering and the family "case-studies" made it quite relatable and lively. However, 30 pages of recipes at the end of the book may have been a bit too much especially if more "autobiography" could have gone on those pages. Also there should have been many more pictures interspersed throughout the book (there are a few pages but as one of the most photographed women in showbusiness, there should have been five times more). Overall, I got a sense of where Jennifer started out and her motivations in life. I find her very inspirational and I think the book could have done with another 50 pages or so about her life.

Fragments [DVD] [2008]
Fragments [DVD] [2008]
Dvd ~ Kate Beckinsale
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars Truly awful film!, 24 Oct 2011
This review is from: Fragments [DVD] [2008] (DVD)
I cannot believe how dreadful this film was. I was intrigued because the amazingly talented Jennifer Hudson is in it! However, she has very little dialogue in the film and is dreadfully underutilised.
Forest Whitaker's character was irritating to watch although I obviously had sympathy with the character's plight. Guy Pearce was weird in this film too and the sex scenes seemed gratuitous.
A truly horrible film and I cannot imagine what the film-makers were thinking of. How such a production even made it to DVD is astonishing.

I Remember Me
I Remember Me

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning vocals and several outstanding tracks, 15 Oct 2011
This review is from: I Remember Me (Audio CD)
Jennifer Hudson is well-known for her vocal talent and she doesn't disappoint with her second album "I Remember Me". Melodic, beautiful and soaring, her singing seems so effortless. For me, the stand out tracks are "I Got This" (strong and soulful), "Don't look down" (jazzy, soulful and funky, really timeless), "No-one Gonna Love You" (upbeat and catchy) and "Angel" (beautiful)."Everybody Needs Love" is also a wonderful track. This is one purchase you will not regret. It is rare to have a young woman produce such a polished collection of songs these days, I really enjoyed the album.

The Ice Cream Girls
The Ice Cream Girls
by Dorothy Koomson

5.0 out of 5 stars Astounding read, imaginative and beautiful, 25 Jun 2011
This review is from: The Ice Cream Girls (Paperback)
I don't think that Dorothy Koomson's books can easily be nestled into the "chick lit" genre; there is something different about her writing. I simply loved this book. It had so many layers to get through, mysteries to resolve and complex families with an array of unspoken issues. It really was mesmerising and my eyes simply gobbled it up, I just couldn't stop reading it. I thought the main characters, Serena and Poppy, were fully drawn in all their strengths and frailties. This book is full of heart and emotion, I really recommend it. I will definitely be reading more Dorothy Koomson books in the future.

Tunde
Tunde
Offered by Direct Entertainment UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant album, unique and beautiful voice., 25 Mar 2011
This review is from: Tunde (Audio CD)
Wow, this album is probably one of the best kept secrets in music. It really is a gorgeous classic. I was encouraged to look through the back catalogue of the Lighthouse Family after seeing the brilliant duo in concert in March 2011. Happily I stumbled across this 2004 album by Tunde. There are just so many lovely songs on this, my favourites are Anaesthetic (which is achingly beautiful and heartfelt, it made me cry!), Letting Me Down Gently (romantic and soulful), Our history, Shouldn't be like this and Long Way Home. Fantastic stuff here, I hope to hear lots more from Tunde and Lighthouse Family very soon! Tunde is a true talent.

Canon Digital IXUS 110 IS Digital Camera - Pink (12.1 MP, 4.0x Optical Zoom) 2.8" LCD

1.0 out of 5 stars Does Amazon actually stock this camera?, 16 Dec 2009
I have ordered this camera TWICE now and keep getting sent the PowerShot!!! Why oh why? Does Amazon actually stock this item?
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 4, 2011 1:04 AM GMT