Profile for Mr. A. Shaw > Reviews

Content by Mr. A. Shaw

Mr. A. Shaw

Bluetooth 2.1 Wireless Stereo Headphones/Headset with Noise Cancellation use with Ipad/iphone/Mobile/MP3/Laptop etc
Offered by COOLEAD

4.0 out of 5 stars Really pleased, 8 Jan. 2013
I bought these to use with my iPhone when out jogging or on the bike. I must admit on receiving them I was a bit sceptical. The packaging is covered in Japanese? writing and the instructions looked like a bad photo copy. However they were a doddle to pair up and for the price the sound quality is pretty good. They are also very light but seem reasonably robust. I haven't tried the receiving calls functionality yet so not sure how that works. The sound is reasonably rich and having over the ear phones rather than buds makes a nice change. If using them at home I can walk about 8m away from my desk before the sound starts to cut out. I have had no problems with sound cutting out whichever pocket I have kept my phone in.
This would be a 5 star review apart from the fact that i have a big head. This means the headphones are slightly too small and will pull off my ears slightly if I raise my head too far when on the bike. Not a major problem but don't buy these headphones if you have a very, very big head.

Roberts RD21B(ECO4) Ecologic 4 DAB/FM RDS Digital Stereo Radio wth up to 150 Hours Battery Life - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good radio, 23 Feb. 2012
I bought this radio after returning 2 Roberts Solar DAB 2 radios that failed after a couple of months use. This radio is much more robust. The sound is great and it finds and holds DAB signals really well.
It would be a 5 star but for the fact that it doesn't have an Aux Out for connecting an MP3 player.

GoPro LCD Bacpac
GoPro LCD Bacpac
Offered by Gearedup

5.0 out of 5 stars Chuffed to bits!, 29 Aug. 2011
This review is from: GoPro LCD Bacpac (Camera)
I bought a GoPt with HD to take some underwater footage when diving. After my first trip it was abvious that the GoPro is a very capable device and can be used as a proper video camera rather than just something you attach somewhere and hope some good footage comes out. The problem using it as a proper video camera is that you can't frame your subject. Well you can now with the LCD BacPac and it works a treat. The extended housing makes it a little bulkier but not by much. And the battery life drops quite a bit if you leave the screen on for the whole dive. But if you turn the camera on and off inbetween takes you can easily stretch the battery life over 3 good dives with shots on the surface intervals. The screen is obviously not big but it's just right for framing shots. I also have a monopod attached to the camera and with the camera extended out to 120cm and an arms length in front of me you can still use the diaplay to frame shots.

Amzer Swiveling Air Vent Mount for iPhone 1G and 3G/3GS - Black
Amzer Swiveling Air Vent Mount for iPhone 1G and 3G/3GS - Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Not very good, 19 Jun. 2011
I bought this to use on my BMW3 series. I tried hard but couldn't get it fix to the vent without wobbling. So it's in the bin and I boiught one that is specific to my make of car from Brodit and clips ontop the trim and works a treat.

Roberts DAB / FM Digital Solar Radio - Black
Roberts DAB / FM Digital Solar Radio - Black

2.0 out of 5 stars Great radio, 19 Jun. 2011
What a great little radio. It comes with rechargeable batteries so none of those expensive Chargepaks you get with Pure radios. Sound is great. Scans more stations than my Pure One Classic when stood side by side. Chargeing seems to work well although it's yet to go on a camping trip yet.
Edit: Unfortunately the radio failed after 4 months use.

Left 4 Dead (PC DVD)
Left 4 Dead (PC DVD)
Offered by GeeksWholesaler

1.0 out of 5 stars Problem with Duplicate key, 6 Mar. 2009
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Left 4 Dead (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
It seems there are many other people that have suffered from this duplicate key problem. I bought my copy from Amazon. It arrived 4 days ago and wouldn't load because of a duplicate CD key error. I then had to scan the CD key and my amazon receipt and post on the support site. 4 days later they replied to say I hadn't written the support ticket number on the receipt so I've just doen it again. If I don't hear today it's going back to Amazon.
Be careful before buying from Amazon and do ssome googling to see if the problem is still there.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 24, 2009 8:57 AM GMT