Profile for Mrs. Valerie Round > Reviews

Content by Mrs. Valerie Round

Mrs. Valerie Round

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Blue Monday: A Frieda Klein Novel (Frieda Klein Series Book 1)
Blue Monday: A Frieda Klein Novel (Frieda Klein Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars BLUE MONDAY, 21 July 2014
Excellent! A real page-turner.,I can't wait to read the next one. I would recommend this to any lover of a good mystery.

A Kind of Vanishing
A Kind of Vanishing

4.0 out of 5 stars A Kind of Vanishing, 9 Nov. 2013
Well written, though I felt it a touch too long. Good descriptions of the countryside and a very good surprise ending.

Mrs Dalloway
Mrs Dalloway

3.0 out of 5 stars Mrs Dalloway, 9 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Mrs Dalloway (Kindle Edition)
I haven;t found this an easy read. The plot wanders about so I have to keep remembering where we are.

The Alexandria Quartet: Justine, Balthazar, Mountolive, Clea
The Alexandria Quartet: Justine, Balthazar, Mountolive, Clea

2.0 out of 5 stars The Alexandria Quartet, 9 Nov. 2013
Since these books were first published I have attempted to read them three times.So far I have managed the first volume. I am now having a rest before tackling another one. I'm determined not to be beaten this time!

Aurora AS610C 6 Sheet Cross-Cut Shredder with Waste Bin
Aurora AS610C 6 Sheet Cross-Cut Shredder with Waste Bin

5.0 out of 5 stars Aurora shredder, 9 Nov. 2013
So far this shredder has proved to be excellent, Very easy to use, i would recommend it for home use.

Marking Time: Cazalet Chronicles Book 2 (The Cazalet Chronicle)
Marking Time: Cazalet Chronicles Book 2 (The Cazalet Chronicle)

5.0 out of 5 stars Marking Time, 21 July 2013
This is the second of the Cazalet Chronicle quartet, continuing the life of the Cazalet family from the outbreak of World War 2. This book is beautifully written,with great characters. The author is particularly good with her child characters, what they think, what they say and how the older ones approach growing up. I was sad to finish the book and shall certainly read the other two.

Death and The Jubilee (Lord Francis Powerscourt Series Book 2)
Death and The Jubilee (Lord Francis Powerscourt Series Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Death and the Jubilee, 21 July 2013
This is the second book in the Lord Francis Powerscourt series. I enjoyed it very much. Just as you think it has come to the end, the sub plot takes over and has to be unravelled. The characterisation is excellent. The main characters, Lord Francis, his wife and his faithful friend appear in all the series I believe. I found it to be a great page turner and look forward to reading the next in the series.

Murder, Mr Mosley (Inspector Mosley Book 1)
Murder, Mr Mosley (Inspector Mosley Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Murder Mr Mosley, 21 July 2013
I'd not read anything by this author before. I enjoyed it, it is well written and the characterisation is good, though I didn't find the plot very gripping.

Quartet in Autumn: Picador Classic
Quartet in Autumn: Picador Classic

5.0 out of 5 stars Quartet in Autumn, 21 July 2013
I first read this book some years ago and loved it. I was pleased to find it available on Kindle. On rereading it I found more depth to the plot. It's very amusing, though there is also sadness to be read into the lives of the characters. What will they do when they are no longer needed in the office?

Word Wall - A fun and challenging word association game
Word Wall - A fun and challenging word association game

3.0 out of 5 stars Word Wall, 8 May 2013
I quite enjoyed this game but it hasn't inspired me to keep it.It's quite fun, but not quite what I enjoy.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5