Profile for Nick M > Reviews

Content by Nick M

Nick M (UK)

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Saved shaver, 5 Mar 2013
This product has saved my ailing shaver! Original head springs had failed making shaving difficult. New head gives great close shave again

Bosch Replacement Blade for Rotak 43 LI/ Rotak 43 LI Ergoflex
Bosch Replacement Blade for Rotak 43 LI/ Rotak 43 LI Ergoflex
Price: 20.16

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to fit ......... if!, 25 Sep 2012
Genuine Bosch spare blade, very easy to fit .... Eventually!! No instructions provided with blade and mower manual is only pictorial. Luckily an owner from E Europe posted a short YouTube video that showed the vital ingredient ..... How to use a screwdriver blade to lock the mower motor whilst undoing the securing bolt and fitting a new one. He saved me lots of time and frustration, that Bosch themselves could have done!!

Ronan Parke
Ronan Parke
Offered by mrtopseller
Price: 1.80

4.0 out of 5 stars Stunning vocals, 1 Jun 2012
This review is from: Ronan Parke (Audio CD)
Stunning vocals from Ronan on this, his first, album. Some tracks as good as his amazing live performances on BGT. However, I feel they could have provided some better arrangements on some of them, hence the 4 rather than 5 star rating. A gem nonetheless, probably capturing the last moments of his talented soprano voice. Let's hope he finds equally skillful management in the hazardous musical career he's embarked on. Early signs are that he will be able to keep his feet on the ground, whilst delighting a new global following, providing his voice keeps developing.

Bosch Rotak 43 LI Ergoflex Cordless 36 Volt Lithium-ion Rotary Lawnmower with x 2 batteries (43 cm Cutting Width)
Price: 399.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the box!, 17 April 2012
Arrived well packed and complete. Easily assembled apart from the slightly fiddly 3 part grass box that others also commented on. I was very pleased I'd read so many reviews of this and other smaller models; after which I chose this, the right one for my medium sized garden. I used both batteries (part charged) and one further full battery for my first cut .... fair enough I think.

I'm very pleased with how light and manoeuvrable the machine is, and easy to collapse down handles to store in a shed. First impressions; an excellent product!!

De'Longhi Icona KBO3001.R Jug Kettle, 3 kW, Scarlet Red
De'Longhi Icona KBO3001.R Jug Kettle, 3 kW, Scarlet Red
Offered by Home & Gift Accessories
Price: 65.99

5.0 out of 5 stars stylish and excellent, 13 Nov 2011
Having read loads of reviews on here I decided to risk that the majority were probably a better guide to follow. So glad I did, this red kettle is very stylish and a striking addition to the kitchen. Ok, it may not be the quietest kettle ever but it's fast and effective.

It IS worth reading the instruction guide before you use it; a few simple points to follow which will probably avoid most of the issues many of the complaining reviewers mention!! So far we are delighted with this product.

De'Longhi Icona CTO4003.R 4-Slice Toaster, Scarlet Red
De'Longhi Icona CTO4003.R 4-Slice Toaster, Scarlet Red
Offered by Soft com
Price: 78.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent toaster, 25 Sep 2011
I chose this toaster after comparing it with numerous other "quality" toasters, and importantly their customer reviews. I'm so glad I took that time and trouble, as several quality brands appear to produce fairly poor toasters! Anyway, I am delighted with my purchase, a good looking, easy to operate toaster, that does everything you would want of a toaster. Highly recommended!

Gaggia Descaler Decalcifier (250ml) Bottle for Espresso Coffee Machines
Gaggia Descaler Decalcifier (250ml) Bottle for Espresso Coffee Machines
Offered by -CENTRO-UK- [100% POSITIVE RATED]
Price: 10.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, shame about the translation!, 26 Feb 2011
Our wonderful Gaggia Baby had stopped dispensing espresso completely, so i tried dismantling the likely bits, and cleaning them up. Once re-assembled, disappointly there was still no flow at all from the espresso outlets. So I tried this product as a last resort.

I found the english translation of the instructions somewhat confusing, and I came close to burning myself with the steam-wand as a result. Anyway, after some trial and error I discovered how to flush through the considerable quantity of diluted descaler, followed by several litres of clean water. It took about 2 hrs in all. However, our Gaggia Baby is now reborn and fully functional!!

I think I will now use this descaler every year (not 6 months as recommended on product, as a preventative. It certainly works brilliantly!

LEGO Games 3844: Creationary
LEGO Games 3844: Creationary
Offered by beautifulmusic
Price: 32.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great family game!, 11 Jan 2011
This review is from: LEGO Games 3844: Creationary (Toy)
This is a great game for children and adults alike. In some ways it also takes Lego building back to its roots, creating a very wide range of models from a limited range of standard and specialist pieces. This demands imagination, creativity, sometimes lateral thinking, and like Pictionary managing to tune into the minds of other players who have to guess what you are making. Sometimes the player can recreate a model very similar to that illustrated on the card, and other times it's simpler or better to create a model that will convey the right image for others to guess correctly.
The game suggests 4 methods of play, which gives added flexibilty for differing groups of players. We prefer one player to build while the rest compete to guess first and gain a winning point. Others may prefer concurrent building by several players.
The game does not provide a timer, and you may wish to add one to maintain interest and momentum for all the players.
Overall ... not cheap, but an excellent game for all ages!

Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000 Webcam
Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000 Webcam

4.0 out of 5 stars Good hardware, not so sure about software, 13 Jan 2010
I've had to install this product several times to get the main features to work properly. First install appeared to work ok, but when I tried to change the control settings, I found most were disabled! I used the software repair function, and then the webcam worked fine. First time I received an automatic update, it installed fine, however I then discovered all the control settings were again disabled. Arghhhh!

Since then I've removed it and installed it twice, eventually taking the precaution to take the pc off-line and disable Norton 360 first. The standard install then worked fine and the webcam did work fully straight away.

Overall the webcam as a piece of kit is way better than my previous Logitech webcam, much better lens and image quality and more useful features. The instruction book is very basic, and not much use if things go wrong. So my summary ..... A good webcam, but not so sure about the software!