Profile for Lobby > Reviews

Content by Lobby

Lobby (UK)

Sony PlayStation DualShock 4 - Jet Black (PS4)
Sony PlayStation DualShock 4 - Jet Black (PS4)
Price: 44.57

5.0 out of 5 stars OUTSTANDING and full of gaming potential, 7 Jan 2014
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Having been an Xbox 360 fan since Playstation 2, I was excited to try out the new Dualshock 4 with my PS4. Firstly, it is nice to see a different layout to the Dualshock controller, as up until now the layout has basically been the same since PS1 (despite the triggers and wireless function on PS3).

So how does the controller feel? Well it is fantastic, it fits very well into your hands and has a very comfortable feel. The controller has a very nice weight to it, very light. The analog sticks have also slightly changed; they now have an inner circle to help with grip, not much else to say on the analog sticks, they seem just what you would expect. The triangle, circle, square and X seem to have been spaced out a little more which is a very nice addition, again very comfortable to use in game. As always the D-pad on the Dualshock is fantastic, I am not a fan of the Xbox 360 D-Pad but with the Dualshock 4, the arrow buttons are nicely spaced apart and have a stable and firm feel as they are pressed. My favourite part about the Dualshock 4 is the new triggers, on the Xbox 360 the triggers are very good, on the PS3 I hated them but on the Dualshock 4 they are outstanding and the top of my pick. They have a nice curve for your finger to fit snug and they have a fantastic feel to them when pressed. The triggers are extremely sensitive, very ideal for you trigger happy players. Onto the big new addition now, the touch pad, I have struggled to get full potential from the touch pad so far, at the moment it doesn't seem to do a great deal, although I would expect this to change in the future, unless I am simply just doing the wrong things and missing the current potential. The touch pad seems to be more for Playstation exclusives, as with Killzone, the touch pad can be used to select different drone activities for example, whereas with multi-platform games such as Fifa, it simply just changes the camera angle. I believe this new touch pad in the future will give game developers amazing new options and really change the way in which Playstation users play their games, could be exciting times ahead for the new touch pad. Another new addition, been the colour changing light on the top of the controller, personally I can't see the point in this. Sony stated it changes colour if you lose health etc but for some games e.g. Fifa it just stays Red for the whole gameplay. Myself, I can't see what new options this would bring to gameplay despite been a cute little gimmick,and a terrible battery killer. On the topic of battery life and to finish off the review, I must say I am quite disappointed in the battery life of the Dualshock 4. I haven't timed the life of the battery but from what I have noticed, you will get 6 or so hours of battery life before it will need charging again.

Overall though, the new Dualshock 4 is oustanding, very well designed with very exciting potential to change and improve the way we play our games, lets hope developers put it to its full use.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 15, 2014 9:18 AM GMT

FIFA 14 (PS4)
FIFA 14 (PS4)
Offered by Lindot
Price: 39.90

4.0 out of 5 stars Much improved from last gen and very realistic, 6 Jan 2014
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: FIFA 14 (PS4) (Video Game)
After owning Fifa 14 on Xbox 360 (possibly the worlds most frustrating game), I strongly considered not purchasing Fifa 14 on PS4. Luckily enough, I managed to have a quick game on Fifa 14 (PS4) in a Game store. After one short game, I notice little differences in the gameplay and found it much less frustrating, maybe this was just a one off good experience. Never the less I decided I could not get a PS4 without a football game. So after a few games on the PS4 version, I noticed some very good differences compared to the Xbox 360 version.

Firstly the graphics, what a fantastic improvement this is. On the 360, good graphics but too much blur and fuzzy pixels. With the PS4 version, the graphics are as smooth as you could ask for, no such blur or fuzziness and the whole picture looks fantastic, you could sometimes mistake the game for a real televised match. On that subject, the new presentation effect to the game is out of this world. There are now away ends/corners in stadiums, see your away fans jump for joy in the corner when you score and hear their cheer coming from the distance whilst the home fans around the stadium stay sat still and quiet. On the other hand, as the home team score, see the stadium erupt whilst again the small away corner take their turn to be quiet and still, complete with supporter shirts, scarfs and colours. As well as this, the game never stops, if the ball goes out of play, there are scenes which show the ball boy through the ball back, see an onfield player tap an extra ball on the field out of play, watch your players walk to the corner flag whilst the opposing goalkeeper arranges his defence. The feel to the game is fantastic, it really does make the whole thing feel a lot more real.

Now for the big improvement, whilst all the above is advertised by EA, for some reason they do not seem to have advertised the new gameplay from last gen what so ever. The improvement on gameplay is outstanding, gone has the frustration of Xbox 360/PS3 (almost). The game is so much more realistic, it is possible to make more chances rather than passing to the same 2 players in midfield all the time hoping to eventually break the line. The gameplay isn't perfect, there is still a little frustration with been pushed over trying to run onto a through ball or the goalkeeper evolving into Spiderman, but it is a huge step up from the last gen versions and overall makes for some outstanding gameplay and realism. The mechanics of the players again is very realistic, variable realistic kicking, control, heading etc. Through balls are a gem on this game and have a great feel of satisfaction when you pull a off a beauty goal from a fantastic team effort.

The whole game is outstanding, a must for any football fan without question. For those of you put off due to the dismal display of 360 and PS3 versions, don't be, this is entirely a new game. Great work EA.

Graphics - 9.5/10
Presentation - 9.5/10
Gameplay - 8.5/10
Overall - 9/10

Tech21 D3O Impact Snap with Cover for Samsung Galaxy S4 - White
Tech21 D3O Impact Snap with Cover for Samsung Galaxy S4 - White
Offered by B2B TRADING
Price: 9.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Throws your phone out like a rag doll, 27 Jun 2013
I bought this case just after getting my brand new S4. Case isn't an eye catcher but looks like it will do the job, D30 protection, thick case and good screen cover (although this doesn't stick down. The case offers fantastic access to all ports on the S4. The case does add quite a bit of extra bulk, but is still quite comfortable and safe to hold. Now, how does the case perform upon impact, the answer is I could never tell you! The first time I dropped my S4 from a height of only 3 feet, the phone was thrown from the case and slid across the floor causing scratches to the front of my S4, luckily I had bought a screen protector. Was this a one off? The answer...No! My phone was accidently knocked out of a window on the 2nd floor of a house. Looking upon the window sil outside the case was casually resting its self there, I look down to the floor to see my S4 face down on the ground! Upon impact with the window sil, my S4 had once again been thrown from its case and caused 3 severe chips in my phones body. Furious I contacted tech 21 who sent me a replacement, they were very helful with this. So I got my new case put it on. A couple of days later I knock my phone off my 1-2 foot bed onto a soft carpet and yes the case once again throw the phone from it. So this case will not protect your phone what so ever upon impact as the phone is just thrown from the case grip. Protect your S4, do not use this case!

Rugby League Live 2 (X360)
Rugby League Live 2 (X360)

5.0 out of 5 stars Biggest Improvement ever to a franchise, 13 Dec 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
First of all what an improvement from past series. For those of you who have played any of the other rugby league games you will know even as a rugby league fan they weren't great by any means. This on the other hand, amazing. Graphics, gameplay, game modes, career mode every single inch of the game has improved dramatically. It's still no FIFA of rugby league but the money they had to create this game and the outcome they have made is astonishing and deserve a lot of credit for what is a good game to any person but to a Rugby league fan its amazing.

Graphics - 8/10
Gameplay - 8/10 - still a few little niggles but overall fantastic
Game modes - 9/10 - still getting around them
Customization - 10/10 - almost everything you can think of

Overall - 9/10 - biggest improvement you can think of and a fantastic fun game for anybody, especially league fans.

Recommended!!!

X12 Xbox 360 Headset - EU
X12 Xbox 360 Headset - EU
Price: 30.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic if they lasted longer than 18 days, 25 Nov 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This product is absolutly fantastic, really improves your gaming experience. My only problem, they stopped giving out game sound in less than 20 days after purchasing new!

Fight Night Champion (Xbox 360)
Fight Night Champion (Xbox 360)
Price: 18.03

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun...Great Game..........4.5/5, 31 Mar 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Am not a boxing fan but I do get every Fight Night, and I think this one is surely the best. Combine real boxing and Rocky films and you get Fight Night Champion. By this I mean if you watch a Rocky film you know there is no chance in this world 2 boxers can power punch each other for 12 rounds, they'd be a knockout in round 1 everytime if real boxing was like Rocky. But do we still love the Rocky films....Yes (well besides some) This game fights like Rocky films so its really exciting see power punches flying in and its so much fun but on the other hand Fight Night is realistic in the sense that you need to fight smart if you lose control and just go straight out for the KO you will be put on your back, you have to fight smart like real boxing but at the same time its just like the Rocky films....Could you get any better than that?

The game is so rewarding too when you start to swell your opponents eye and once again compare it to Rocky when his eye swells up, it look so incredibly realistic and you think WOW!! keep punishing the guy and you'll make him bleed....BIG! Fantastic graphics and damage and Amazing EFFECT!. This game is brilliant.

Now to my bad points, I knew when Champion Mode (Story) was first announced it would be a disapointment so i never got my hopes up and franky am glad, the story is a little let down as it is extremely short and you have hardly any say what so ever on how your fights turn out which can make you huff and puff. My other let down is the Legacy mode, now don't get me wrong this is better than ever....but once you get your fighter to be a CHAMP! (By the way this feels great to move up the ladder and start defending your title) the only problem is I have won all 3 titles now, and for the past 10-15 or soo fights I can only fight the same 5 guys, which makes you fed up because you want to fight new fighters otherwise you just get bored.

DON'T LET THIS PUT YOU OFF!

Fantastic game and very rewarding, great in everyway besides the 2 matters I mentioned, would recommend to you all.

GREAT FUN AND REWARDING!!!