Profile for M. Purvis > Reviews

Content by M. Purvis

M. Purvis "minimarcus" (England)

Page: 1 | 2
The Rainbow Collections Boxset
The Rainbow Collections Boxset

4.0 out of 5 stars Very soothing and entertaining, 27 July 2013
Zero 7 singer makes these nursery rhymes an instant hit with both baby and parents, we love it and would recommend this to all parents!

12-Volt Digital Fast Tyre Inflator / Compressor With Built In Light - Comes In Own Case
Offered by Gizoo - Gadgets & Gifts

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, very fast at pumping tyre, 20 Jun. 2013
Not too noisy, fast and accurate, it's also very compact, I love it,

I would recommend this product whole heartedly.

Rii Mini RT-MWK01V3 2.4GHz Wireless Entertainment Keyboard (with Touchpad, Laser pointer, Backlit) for PC, Pad, Andriod TV Box, Google TV Box, Xbox360, Raspberry PI, PS3 & HTPC/IPTV, US Layout (Black)
Offered by XCSOURCE

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my media PC, 27 April 2013
This product is excellent, and at this price I simply can't find a fault. It works perfectly and I have no range issues whatsoever, would recommend for anyone with a media centre PC.

Inside the Giant machine - An Amazon Story, Second Edition
Inside the Giant machine - An Amazon Story, Second Edition

3.0 out of 5 stars Humorous and compelling, 10 April 2013
Compelling read that gives you a great insight to Amazon from a few years ago. It doesn't paint a pretty picture though it's only one persons view. I thoroughly enjoyed it and would recommend this to anyone who is interested in what moving to Seattle could be like as well as working for the giant Amazon.

Game Design Secrets
Game Design Secrets
by Wagner James Au

4.0 out of 5 stars Really good, 10 April 2013
This review is from: Game Design Secrets (Paperback)
I like this book, it gives a great overview of the markets and how to best target them, would recommend to anyone starting out or already developing games for web, FB and mobile.

Babynomics: Moneysaving tips for savvy parents
Babynomics: Moneysaving tips for savvy parents
by Madeline Thomas

3.0 out of 5 stars It's okay though most of it's obvious, 10 April 2013
I like this book though it's actually full of obvious advice as well as some outdated information (benefits etc.)
Worth looking at before making a purchase and I hope they update it soon.

Presentation Secrets
Presentation Secrets
by Alexei Kapterev

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 31 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Presentation Secrets (Paperback)
This is my favourite book on improving presentation skills. It is full of resources and actions to take as well as being written in a compelling way. Highly recommended reading for all those learning or interested in becoming great presenters.

LOVE MY CASE / Earphone Case, cover, shell - Clamshell Style with Zip Enclosure, designed Inner Pocket, Durable Exterior
Offered by Love My Case Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 31 Mar. 2013
Perfect for my small headphones on my commute. Fits in my top rucksack pocket and the zip to this case is excellent.

One Click: Jeff Bezos and the Rise of Amazon.com
One Click: Jeff Bezos and the Rise of Amazon.com

4.0 out of 5 stars Get inside the mind of Jeff Bezos, 31 Mar. 2013
If you are interested in how Amazon started, how it thinks and runs then this book is for you. I found it informative and interesting. It's not up there with In the Plex about Google though it is worth the read.

Stories That Move Mountains: Storytelling and Visual Design for Persuasive Presentations
by Martin Sykes

4.0 out of 5 stars Essential reading for presenters, 26 Feb. 2013
As someone who has to present to different audiences at key points in the year I found this book an excellent find. I had a crucial presentation to give towards the end of last year and without this book I would not have thought of planning and structuring my presentation in such a concise manner. Far from stifling my creativity this enabled me to be more creative and in a structured and self controlled way (also helping me plan and complete on time). The feedback I received for this presentation was the best I've ever had in my current role and it felt great while I was presenting too.

This isn't a book on presenting the Microsoft way (as another reviewer put it), it's a book on how to prepare and give great presentations, ones that capture participants minds and not just give information that will be instantly forgotten.

Key strengths: Excellently written and presented, easy to follow, structures your presentation and planning, comes with templates and visuals.

For anyone who needs to present (whether seasoned or not) I would recommend reading and referencing this book, you won't regret it.

NB: It works really well in partnership with Alexei Kapterev's Presentation Secrets (which deconstructs various TED talks and other pertinent presentations).

Page: 1 | 2