Profile for Mr. S. E. Mason > Reviews

Content by Mr. S. E. Mason

Mr. S. E. Mason (Aberdeen, UK)

Karrimor Mount Low Mens Walking Shoes
Karrimor Mount Low Mens Walking Shoes
Price: 15.00 - 54.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Not right for my feet, 9 Dec 2013
I got mine from SportsDirect about a year ago, but have hardly ever worn them since using them for 3 weeks then - my older Northface Hedgehog GTX pair that has already needed new shoelaces is lighter, much more breathable and much more comfortable. The Karrimor Mount pair looks nice and can feel good when putting them on, but they have made my feet very sweaty without even walking much. To use them, my feet would have to get stronger (they get a bit painful when occasionally walking with the stiff Karrimor pair). I guess you get what you pay for - but other reviews suggest maybe other feet fit them better. I can relate to the reviews of the higher Mount boots. I'll keep on with my older Hedgehogs for a while, and maybe eventually replace them with slightly cheaper Merrell ones.

AcuLife Ear Wax Removal Syringe
AcuLife Ear Wax Removal Syringe
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, 7 Nov 2013
When I use this comfortable little syringe every 2 or 3 months, it performs an excellent job through the 3 jets, as long as I stick it in far enough and use it about 10 times per ear. They're much more effective and easy-to-use than the one-jet syringe I'd had before, and after months (even years) of using this one, its seal isn't swelling or making it hard to pull.

Danielle 5x Magnification 11.5 cm Diameter Shaving Mirror
Danielle 5x Magnification 11.5 cm Diameter Shaving Mirror
Price: 4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful, 7 Nov 2013
I just got this to have an extra mirror (so I can see the back when cutting my hair). It hangs up or stands up well. I don't use the magnifying side but it works.

Manicare 16.5cm Hairdressing Scissors
Manicare 16.5cm Hairdressing Scissors
Price: 5.31

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 7 Nov 2013
When I use these to cut my own hair (instead of pay a barber), they cut accurately and easily, and then fit away in the plastic case - convenient.

Anker Vertical Ergonomic Optical USB Wired Mouse 1000 / 1600 DPI, 5 Buttons VerticalMouse.
Offered by AnkerDirect
Price: 29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Just right for me, 7 Nov 2013
This is very useful - I got it to avoid repetitive strain injury, and its angle lets my hand do all in a comfortable natural position. It looks interesting too - the bright blue curved line around my thumb shows that the computer is on.

Ozeri 4x3motion Digital Pocket 3D Pedometer with Tri-Axis Technology, in Sport Yellow
Offered by Ozeri UK
Price: 39.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice and helpful, but not for very long, 7 Nov 2013
This arrived free 3 or 4 working days after order, and was useful in my trouser pocket. It could be carefully set up (or reset all over again) to give the correct distance (even if number of steps isn't perfect) and record other useful data.
However, disappointingly, it was effective for only a few weeks.

Bar Craft Ice Cube Tray
Bar Craft Ice Cube Tray
Price: 4.75

4.0 out of 5 stars A good ice tray, 2 May 2012
This product is satisfactory. I bought it to produce ice cubes for an ice bag to place against a leg injury. It arrived quickly (within a couple of days), and can easily be filled to produce large ice cubes which can easily be extracted by twisting it, because of its strength, flexibility and shape.

Mcdavid 202T Regular Ice Bag Wrap - Black, Size One Size
Mcdavid 202T Regular Ice Bag Wrap - Black, Size One Size
Offered by Sportprotection24
Price: 20.58

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful & Satisfactory Bag & Wrap pack, 2 May 2012
I found the wrap of this to be very useful for holding the bag up onto my calf muscle. The bag is the only ice-bag I have ever purchased, and seems to be of good quality (waterproof without usually leaking, and with a good long-lasting cold feel when filled with ice cubes and some water, especially when sprinkled with a little water on the outside initially). I used it for a pulled calf muscle, and for plantar fasciitis too (although I decided that a frozen plastic bottle was perhaps more suitable for the latter). It may be useful for lots of other injuries.

New English File: Pre-intermediate Student's Book: Student's Book Pre-intermediate lev
by Clive Oxenden
Price: 25.92

4.0 out of 5 stars A good English Class Textbook, 31 Oct 2010
In choosing which pre-intermediate level textbook for students to use in my English language classes, I chose the New English File Pre-Intermediate Student's Book and have found it to be very appropriate. Students who have their own copy in a class can participate in the lessons, which are each well-structured with a main topic on which the exercises are based. The lessons differ in emphasis on functions in exercises (e.g. pronunciation, reading and speaking), although all lessons have grammar exercises. As some classroom exercises involve listening to entertaining passages / dialogues and answering questions about details mentioned, it is ideal to purchase the classroom CD as well, although the texts are provided at the back of the book and could be read orally. Other factors (time available for course, price of books, photocopiable exercises from teacher's book, exercises for each lesson on OUP website, etc.) led to my choosing the student's book instead of the multipack book. Phonetics are used to teach pronunciation. Regular tests for specific stages of the syllabus can be found on the CD in the Teacher's Book, which is useful but has to be purchased separately.