Profile for Poohbear Mummy > Reviews

Content by Poohbear Mummy

Poohbear Mummy

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Rainbow Loom 2.0 and 2400 Piece Super Pack Starter Kit [2400 Bands, 125 Clips & 4 Tools]

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic genuine branded product, 4 July 2014
Fantastic genuine branded product. I had resisted the latest kids craze as I wanted to make sure that this would get used. Lots of friends had bought cheaper ones and all have up replacing them due to broken pegs and hooks. Really impressed with the contents very clear instructions and great fun hopefully hours of crafting time ahead.

Maleficent
Maleficent
by Elizabeth Rudnick

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant story, 3 May 2014
This review is from: Maleficent (Hardcover)
This arrived yesterday and I couldn't put it down. Clearly a book aimed at a junior audience but wonderfully descriptive and the story is woven together beautifully. Looking forward to the film but recommend the book brilliant fairy story with good versus bad throughout.

Doggie Doo Game
Doggie Doo Game

3.0 out of 5 stars Started off good but then........, 22 April 2014
This review is from: Doggie Doo Game (Toy)
This game started off as brilliant fun a bit gross but loved by my son and his friends. We had lots of fun playing it and being grossed out by the slime that comes with it. However, after a few weeks use the mechanism started to block and it's now completely unplayable. Such a shame as it really was a lot of fun go play but started to become very frustrating for the kids who couldn't understand why it wouldn't work. I was very careful with how we used it and stored the yellow slime properly but it's still broken.

Penguin Race
Penguin Race
Offered by House Of Bargains

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best toys ever bought, 22 April 2014
This review is from: Penguin Race (Toy)
This toy has to be the most simple yet highly engaging toy I have bought in a long time. Bought as a stocking filler at Christmas for my son who is 6, the penguins have the repetitive motion of climbing the hill and whooshing down it that I remember as a kid. My son watched this go round for ages and still loves it months on. A nice break from some of the modern gadgets he got as he's just fascinated with how it works. Brilliant price for a nostalgic toy.

Orchard Toys Spooky Steps Board Game
Orchard Toys Spooky Steps Board Game

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent game lots of fun, 22 April 2014
Bought this for my son for Xmas and it's absolutely brilliant. The board has a 3D effect to it and you have to take a journey through the spooky rooms by turning over cards to reveal footprints. You can keep turning as many cards as you want but if you get a ghost card you have to move back that many footsteps. It's a clever game which encourages little minds to think about the probability of getting a ghost card versus how many footsteps are left. My son loves the game and although he doesn't quite get the maths side of if yet he just loves playing for fun and loves it if I get the ghost card. Great value as always from orchard toys well made and engaging.

Martha Stewart's Crafts for Kids: 175 kids craft projects for weekends, rainy days and parties
by Martha Stewart

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book from the queen of crafts, 22 April 2014
Ordered this during school hols for some inspiration. Am a fan of Martha Stewart anyway so had a good idea of what to expect as I subscribe to her living magazine. Lots of ideas not tried before and a variety of projects that vary in length of time they would take. Most projects use items in the home and in existing craft supplies. My son loved the food colouring jar project where the food colouring looks like a shower of fireworks in water. Some seasonal projects too which is good and the snow globes were a big hit. The photography in the book is typical of all her books and it's a lovely book go sit and pour through.

The Knot Ultimate Wedding Lookbook: More Than 1,000 Cakes, Centerpieces, Bouquets, Dresses, Decorations, and Ideas for the Perfect Day
by Carley Roney

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant guide with lots of ideas, 22 April 2014
Ordered the book off marketplace really pleasantly surprised. Lots of ideas and themes broken down into colour sections so easy to find what you want. Only drawback is supplier list is US based but it's a US book so expected. That said there's not much you can't find on the web with a bit of searching. Very nice book and good price.

Disney Story and Recipe Book - Mickey's Party Cookbook
Disney Story and Recipe Book - Mickey's Party Cookbook

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better than I expected, 11 Oct 2012
For some time I have been looking for a cook book for my 4 year old son. He loves Disney Junior and especially Mickey Mouse and so we thought we would try this. To be honest I wasnt expecting much - maybe just a few recipes easy to follow etc but what I have found has been much more.

There are far more recipes than I expected including Smoothies, fajitas, chocolate mousse, sweet potato fries to name a few. Every recipe is accompanied by step by step colour photographs. However, the best bit has to be the fact that the book can be personalised.

Every recipe has pages where your kids and their friends can "rate" the food and say what they liked or did not like about a dish. It also has sections to write reviews of favourite foods and at the end is space to create their own recipes.

The book is beautifully presented with wipe clean pages and considerably more detailed than I expected.

Fantastic stocking filler for little ones!

Knitty Gritty: Knitting for the Absolute Beginner
Knitty Gritty: Knitting for the Absolute Beginner
by Aneeta Patel

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab Fab Fab, 24 Sep 2012
After being given a knitting kit for Christmas and being very confused by the instructions I decided to order this book based on the Amazon reviews. I am starting to think the author should put me into sales for her because I have recommended this book so highly to everyone and a number of my friends have gone on to buy it :-)

Of all the books I tried, this is the clearest most common sense one I have come across. The photographs are so clear there is no room for error and the explanations are just brilliant. I have since joined a knitting circle and the lady who runs it said the "soup and scoop method" for making extra stitches was the best explanation she has ever come across!

The projects start off basic (Scarf, booties) and then progress in skill and difficulty (mittens, hats, shawls with a lace effect etc). At every stage the book provides clear explanations and the breakdown of how a pattern is formed has been absolutely brilliant.

This book is always in my knitting bag and I am referring to it all the time - the mistakes section is especially useful.

I have pre ordered the next book and I am hopeful this will advance my new skills even further.

Cannot recommend highly enough!

Sugar Cookie Murder (A Hannah Swensen Mystery)
Sugar Cookie Murder (A Hannah Swensen Mystery)

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than I expected, 24 Sep 2012
I am currently working my through the Hannah Swenson series on my kindle. Initially I was wary about getting this book as I had been a little put off by some of the reviews. However I am so pleased that I went onto read it as I do think I would have been missing a chunk of the story when I moved to the next book (Peach Cobbler murder).

All the books in this series are fairly light hearted detective stories and do not take themselves too seriously. There is a lovely set of recipes in each book and I actually thought the inclusion of the additional recipes in this book was a nice touch, given the story is about the compilation of a community cook book.

All the measurements are American i.e. measured in cups but these are now readily availble in the UK as are conversions on the internet and I think this adds to the charm.

Overall happy with my purchase

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4