Profile for S. Mills > Reviews

Content by S. Mills

S. Mills (UK)

Tekkerz Accessories - New Apple iPhone 5 Aluminium Hard Silver Bumper Case Cover With Tekkerz Accessories Stylus Pen

2.0 out of 5 stars Looks great but very brittle, 9 July 2013
I have had 2 of these in the last 2 months. It looks great when you first put it on but the front half is so thin and brittle that it has broken through normal use (in and out of my pocket). I would not buy this if you are a typical bloke!

963 - EDZ Merino Liner Gloves
963 - EDZ Merino Liner Gloves
Offered by EDZ Direct
Price: 9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great but shrunk after one wash, 3 Jan 2011
These are a great liner glove for very cold weather but after one wash (at 40 degrees!) have shrunk. They are now too short and too tight fitting around the fingers.( They were very snug when I bought them). It's very frustrating because they give the extra warmth I need under Gortex cycling gloves and make the outer glove so much easier to get on and off. Unfortunately I have had to hand them down to my 11 year old daughter! One size definitely does NOT fit all. I have average size bloke hands by the way.

Klipsch iGroove HG iPod Speaker System Black (discontinued by manufacturer)
Klipsch iGroove HG iPod Speaker System Black (discontinued by manufacturer)

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but not perfect especially with iphone, 3 Dec 2009
I really wanted this to be the ideal solution for me. I needed a high quality sound for my workplace that would allow me to swap between ipod and iphone with no issues. I have a monitor audio ideck in my kitchen but it is too bulky for work (I have to say the sound is far superior from the ideck compared with the klipsch). I tried the igroove first with my ipod classic. There is plenty of reasonably well controlled base but I found the midrange and treble to be a little 'muffled'. I could tweak the sound a little via the presets on the ipod but couldn't find a sound that I was totally happy with. With the iphone docked it was a similar story but the iphone does not have the same presets available to it on the menu. Again the sound was not as clear and open as the ideck. The igroove sounds 'boxy' and as if there is a blanket over it whereas the ideck has a much more open and balanced sound with a punchy baseline and clear midrange and treble. (For reference my hifi consists of Denon separates and B and W floorstanders so I guess middle of the road quality). There was also a vibration from the ipod as the volume was increased. The nail in the coffin for me was when a text message arrived on the docked phone and the speakers emitted an ear-piercing interference noise! I don't want to have to switch the phone into flight mode when I play music as I still need to be able to receive calls and I think that would be a non-starter with this unit. I have sadly had to return it and have instead ordered the new 'fully compatible' Klipsch SXT model. I know it isnt going to be perfect but it will hopefully be a better compromise for work. At least I should be able to leave the phone on. I will post a review when that arrives! I don't know what's happened to the ideck as it seems to have been discontinued. It's a shame because on pure sound quality it blows the Klipsch (and the Bose Sounddock for that matter) out of the water.