Profile for Belinda Z'Abat > Reviews

Belinda Z'Abat

High Hopes
High Hopes
Offered by MediaMerchants

5.0 out of 5 stars and there are 4 tracks to which me and my grand kids will give it large (sorry to mix correct grammar with new cool - I'm skitz, 20 Jun. 2015
This review is from: High Hopes (Audio CD)
O my chosen deity. Have I reviewed this b4 ? Can't remember, but just in case . . . You can pick this up for less than a banana.
Buy it for Tom Morello alone - what a cherry !!!!!!
Ghost is worth it alone.

I am a dance freak, and there are 4 tracks to which me and my grand kids will give it large (sorry to mix correct grammar with new cool -
I'm skitz - o- frenik).

For your chosen deity's sake - buy it, play it, and again, and again, and weep.

Only problem I have - Tom Morello is brilliant - but can't understand why Niels wasn't given the job - he's just as brilliant.

Now get the two together and who needs drugs ?

Jerusalem
Jerusalem
Offered by zoverstocks

4.0 out of 5 stars Not his best, but his worst is better than most, 13 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Jerusalem (Audio CD)
Not his best, but his worst is better than most !
Thought-provoking, as he always is. I played it once whilst getting dinner - and again whilst eating, and again with a glass of wine, and again, and again . . . . . . .
if you buy it for only 2 tracks - the eponymous "Jerusalem" - I just can't take it off "REPEAT". WHO is playing the harmonica - nerve tingling.
and "I remember you" - although I can't find ANY reference on the sleeve notes - it's Emmylou Harris complementing SE at their best !

Sidetracks
Sidetracks
Offered by La Pianola

4.0 out of 5 stars confident that SE would come good - I have most of his other albums and ..., 7 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Sidetracks (Audio CD)
Hi.
I bought this on the strength of other reviews, confident that SE would come good - I have most of his other albums and LOVE him.
Yes, it's completely off the wall. I do not want people to think this is typical SE. DO NOT judge SE by this album - go get ANY of his earlier stuff and be BLOWN away. But I have been sitting here playing it a couple of times and really think you should just relax and let it drift over you. It's not great, It's not monumental. It's fun. B3gger me - I've just seen I could have got it even cheaper!!!! For the price of a cup of coffee, you could have this as A REAL BIT OF GOOD FUN. ( I hate bad covers of Dylan, but he just about make s it) And a bit of Nirvana too - weird but wonderful

Bob Dylan - 30th Anniversary Concert (2 DVD Complete Version)
Bob Dylan - 30th Anniversary Concert (2 DVD Complete Version)
Dvd ~ bob dylan

5.0 out of 5 stars CHANGE YOUR LIFE, 14 Dec. 2012
Phewww ! If you manage to avoid a bootleg version - this is so uplifting. Had the CD for awhile and blown away.
Avoided the previous versions due to warning about missing material.
This has more than the CD, which is great anyway.
Half way through and just had to get you to join me.
Just listened to Stevie Wonder and Tracey Chapman, and it tears.

Still got some of my favourites to come - Neil Young, The Band (who better or more appropriate !) TOM PETTY - I'm strangely aroused, can it get much better ?

Do yourself a favour.

Hits & Raritaeten
Hits & Raritaeten

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware - sung in German, 25 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Hits & Raritaeten (Audio CD)
Hi. I'm pleased for the person who liked this sung in German.
I wish I'd paid more attention, or listened to samples - it is awful for me.
All the soft, floating melodies, when sung in French, are completely lost in the harshness of the language.

Wolfcraft 2730 Dowel Drills (Pack of 3) - 6 8 and 10mm
Wolfcraft 2730 Dowel Drills (Pack of 3) - 6 8 and 10mm

3.0 out of 5 stars Grub screws, 4 July 2012
I may be missing something obvious, but there doesn't seem to be a key for the grub screws, and I'm not particularly happy about tightening against the flute - in case it dulls the edge.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 18, 2013 12:26 AM GMT

Breathless
Breathless

4.0 out of 5 stars icarus - fly again, and maybe soar rather than end upin the ocean, 14 April 2012
This review is from: Breathless (Audio CD)
Icarusascending must be a professional. For us lesser mortals - - - I WAS worried because this did sound a bit musak when sampling, yep, even lift music. But it depends what you do in a lift ! I'm a bit less musically professional and a bit more imaginative than Icarus (and use epoxy resin rather than wax). Ever heard Jan Garbarek ? Spine-tingling. Why ? Then came across Salsa Celtica, and wondered what the straight sax was - soprano sax ! Now I understand ! I wonder if even a badly played soprano sax is bad ? And then found Breathless. Take a tip - hot bath, candles, glass of Rioja, and get a glimpse of heaven. And for those who think "another Belinda hair-head", that's my pseudonym. I'm full on hetero, just finished mending a broken sewer and dry stone wall, and this is only a 4 because Springsteen, Dylan, Bon Jovi, Stones ever get a 5. He may be a crap player, I don't know, don't care. You can get this for a penny. I just p1ssed a pint of £3 cider in 15 minutes. Just get a copy for a penny and get HOURS of pleasure - and give it to Oxfam if you don't like it.

Silverline 868555 Heavy Duty Steel Staple Gun 12-14mm
Silverline 868555 Heavy Duty Steel Staple Gun 12-14mm

5.0 out of 5 stars Beware which staples, 19 Dec. 2011
Stapler is excellent, but beware which staples you get. The review says "Customers buy this with Draper 13962 14 mm Cable Staples (Box of 1000) by Draper". I just went with the flow and was disappointed to see they actually are CABLE staples. I can't see how they fit into this gun, and sure enough there is another model of gun specifically for staples.