Profile for Kieren Smith > Reviews

Kieren Smith (UK)

Exped Crush-Drybag
Exped Crush-Drybag

4.0 out of 5 stars Well worth it, I even bought two!, 21 Jun 2011
This review is from: Exped Crush-Drybag (Misc.)
I actually purchased the wrong size of this bag for my work laptop (I ride a motorbike to work, and wanted something waterproof but not too large, so that it would fit in my soft panniers). Even though it was the wrong size, the usefulness and quality of the construction was just what I wanted - there's a neoprene pouch that the laptop goes into, and a separate smaller pouch for the power supply. Slip both into the dry bag and roll the top up, and you're done - waterproof and reasonably well protected.

Even though I loved this, I do have a couple of tiny gripes, which affect the entire range:
1) The power supply pouch doesn't suit Mac power supplies well, it's designed for the longer, narrower supplies of PC based laptops. You can fit the Mac supply in with a little bit of persuasion though.

2) One end of the clasp of the drybag is on a long adjustable length of material to make it easy to connect and tighten...but in practice it ends up feeling a little awkward to close up and tighten properly. I'd have preferred a more conventional fixed point clasp on both sides, but I think this is to allow the end to be rolled close to the laptop sleeve without needing to pull in as close as you would have to for a fixed point clasp.

Waterproof Fold-Drybag 4 Pack - Classic
Waterproof Fold-Drybag 4 Pack - Classic
Offered by Total Access (UK) Ltd
Price: 25.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Best value dry bags I've ever bought, 21 Jun 2011
With the price of individual dry bags easily in the same range as the price of this pack of 4, it's a no brainer to consider these. If you're on the fence because you're not sure about quality, then waver no more - these are superb. The sizes are useful, the quality of the material and construction is fantastic, and I'm seriously considering buying more of these soon!