Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "mg" (uk)

Finding the River
Finding the River

5.0 out of 5 stars Heal and help yourself, 23 Jan. 2016
This review is from: Finding the River (Kindle Edition)
I love this book, it has an accompanying guided meditations cd to go with it which is my go to in troubled times. The book is split into 3 parts, starting with some basic stuff such as good diet, sleep, exercise etc, but then it goes on to talk about meditation and spirituality and so on. The second part is more about energy medicine, the meridians, EFT, Emotrance which I have used to help me with fear issues (I had a neonatal death and a miscarriage and was scared of losing another baby). The final part is about how the different seasons can prompt us to work on ourselves on an inner level eg, Spring = set new goals, summer = bring goals to bloom, Autumn = reap the harvest of all your work, winter = reflect on the past and coming year. The book has numerous practical exercises and meditations throughout which can help you take control to heal yourself. Thank you Sally for this book.

The Internet and the Language Classroom: A Practical Guide for Teachers (Cambridge Handbooks for Language Teachers)
by Gavin Dudeney

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 9 Nov. 2010
Lots of good ideas to use with different levels for ESOL classes. Really happy I got this.

Total English Pre-Intermediate Students' Book
Total English Pre-Intermediate Students' Book
by Richard Acklam

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, 9 Nov. 2010
I've been teaching for some years now and find Total English very good, there's lots of activities in each unit to do. However, I think it is more aimed at younger adults. The majority of my students are over 35 and some are even over 55, so the unit on teaching the present perfect with Charlotte Church is irrelevant. There are good reading and lovely long listening activities which lend itself to grammar study and most importantly, it helps you out when you're short on planning/ prep time.

How to Teach for Exams
How to Teach for Exams
by Sally Burgess

5.0 out of 5 stars Helpful, 9 Nov. 2010
This review is from: How to Teach for Exams (Paperback)
I've only read up to teaching for Reading exams but so far it is extremely useful and will be my bible in trying to get my 2 Esol classes through Cambridge ESOL exams.

The Body Sculpting Bible for Women
The Body Sculpting Bible for Women
by James Villepigue

5.0 out of 5 stars Body scupting, 12 Nov. 2009
Now I am training, before I was just doing exercises without knowing how to improve.