Profile for Alex s > Reviews

Content by Alex s

Alex s

Road Atlas New Zealand (AA Road Atlas)
Road Atlas New Zealand (AA Road Atlas)
by AA Publishing

4.0 out of 5 stars Bought for a road trip around NZ, 15 Aug. 2013
The map is accurate and has a lot of useful information in the front covers however the rules on roadside camping have changed since it was published so be aware!
The road network is very accurately marked and the tourist markings are really handy.

WD My Passport Essential 500 GB Arctic White Portable Hard Drive (USB 3.0/2.0)
WD My Passport Essential 500 GB Arctic White Portable Hard Drive (USB 3.0/2.0)

5.0 out of 5 stars Bulletproof ( not literally), 15 Aug. 2013
I love this thing, it just keeps sucking up the stuff on my computers and all my dslr pics.
Easy to use, convenient and really really small. I've had it 2 years now and it's only half full.

Lonely Planet's Best Ever Travel Tips  (Lonely Planet Best Ever Travel Tips)
Lonely Planet's Best Ever Travel Tips (Lonely Planet Best Ever Travel Tips)
by Lonely Planet

4.0 out of 5 stars Funny little book, 15 Aug. 2013
Small and surprisingly crammed with info, bought it when we were planning our 'big trip' and there were a few little gems amongst it, worth the money

USB 2.0 and SD Card Reader Adapter for Apple iPhone 4/4s IPad 30 Pin Connection
USB 2.0 and SD Card Reader Adapter for Apple iPhone 4/4s IPad 30 Pin Connection

3.0 out of 5 stars No apple connectivity, 15 Aug. 2013
This adapter works and will take stuff off a sd card to an iPad to back up with but the iPad doesn't like it( unsupported device warnings). We used it to back up our dslr pics and to publish those pics online while traveling.

Flash Superstore New Ipad 3 & Apple Ipad 2 Smart Gel Case Cover Blue Compatible With Genuine Apple Ipad Smart Covers (All versions Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi + 3G/4G - 16GB 32GB 64GB)
Offered by FLASHSUPERSTORE

4.0 out of 5 stars We got the blue one, 15 Aug. 2013
It's bullet proof and when used with a screen protector and baggy like a neoprene sleeve it will save your gadget from all the abuse you can throw at it.

DURAGADGET Purple Neoprene Sleeve / Case / Cover / Jacket For Apple iPad 1, iPad 2 (All Models - MC769LL/A & MC979LL/A 16GB), The New iPad 3 (3rd Generation, March 2012 MD328LL/A, MC707LL/A, MD330LL/A, MD329LL/A & MC706LL/A) & iPad 4 With Retina Display (4th Gen)
Offered by GADGETPLUSUK

3.0 out of 5 stars We got the purple one, 15 Aug. 2013
It's purple it has a zip and when I dropped it the ipad inside it survived.

We went on a big summer trip and the pouch discoloured a little bit, some of the cotton stitching for the zip came loose and got the zipper stuck.

Silverline 234578 Silverstorm Jump Starter and Air Compressor, 12 A
Silverline 234578 Silverstorm Jump Starter and Air Compressor, 12 A

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and cheery, 15 Aug. 2013
I bought this as an emergency back up for my 2005 Toyota yaris 1.3l petrol, the idea being if the battery flattened I would be able to get the car going. This said.... I've never used it on my car. Only other people's big engined diesel cars has tried to be rescued with it.

It won't be able to start any engine bigger than a 1.3 petrol and it won't start any Diesel engine.

It has a Noisy little compressor with lots of valve adapters which functions well enough.

The battery Holds charge well but when it runs out of power the power does tail off quickly.

Light function isn't very good but would get you out of a bind

Ammeter is accurate but bounces around for a long time while it makes its mind up on how much power is actually in the battery.

Logitech K310 Washable Keyboard
Logitech K310 Washable Keyboard

4.0 out of 5 stars Clean design that's Cleanable, 15 Aug. 2013
A very nice item that I gave as a gift for a health conscious friend. This was a well priced feature rich keyboard that i know will give good service for years to come.

My friend is very pleased with it.

Dewalt DW707L 115V Crosscut Mitre Saw 216MM (Old Version)
Dewalt DW707L 115V Crosscut Mitre Saw 216MM (Old Version)

5.0 out of 5 stars Professionals choice, 15 Aug. 2013
This is the chopsaw I use daily, I've owned this model for 7 years now and it's every bit as good as the day I bought it.

The mitre arm is accurate to about 1/2 a degree when you tighten the catch ( which doubles as a quick release lever ) carefully, it has standardised preset positions built into the guide to speed up you work, all the numbering is clearly marked and hasn't worn away with use at all.

The bevel adjustment has a nice quick release lever which can be set out the way easily and it bevels over to 50degree's, the slider that saw runs on is smooth and accurate, the over under design of the bars is very good.

The machine comes with a variety of dust ports should you want to attach it to an extractor.
I would recommend using series 60 blades with this machine as normal contractor blades can whine.

An excellent crosscut saw with lots of features and its fully adjustable for accuracy over time too.

Disston DIS5603 Plug Cutters/ Screw Diggers
Disston DIS5603 Plug Cutters/ Screw Diggers

4.0 out of 5 stars Good cutter, poor drill bit, 9 Aug. 2013
I am a carpenter, I bought this product to drill and plug a solid oak decking job.

I found the drill bits to be brittle when they both snapped early on the job.
However the drill bit is replaceable with one of a better quality.

I found the plug cutter and countersink/counterbore to be very sharp and it kept its edge well.
An admirable product for the price and I might buy it again when it wears out.