Profile for Sandra Thomas > Reviews

Content by Sandra Thomas

Sandra Thomas (Pembrokeshire)

Dodo Wall Pad Calendar 2010 2010: A Combined Memo-doodle-engage-diary-planner-message-ment Calendar
by Naomi McBride
Edition: Calendar

5.0 out of 5 stars How I use mine!, 4 Oct 2009
This is my third Dodo calendar - I've tried cheaper imitations, but it's just not worth it! We use the 1st four columns for each member of the family, and in the 5th, which in our case is free, I plan out the meals for the week, then use the previous weeks 'doodle' page to write out the shopping list!

Tiger, Tiger
Tiger, Tiger
by Galaxy Craze

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable but not exceptional, 14 Jun 2009
This review is from: Tiger, Tiger (Paperback)
I bought this book after reading a fab review in a magazine. It sounded intriguing, and a guess in a way it was. I think I was hoping for a bit more detail about life on the Ashram, but the story line, and the fact that it was written from the viewpoint of May, a young teenager whose life was changed overnight on a whim of her mother, made for good reading. The book is well written, I just think I was a bit let down be the ending - especially the origin of the books' title, which becomes apparent in the closing chapters. An ejoyable read, but one that I'll pass on rather than reading again.

Finding Your Own North Star: How to claim the life you were meant to live
Finding Your Own North Star: How to claim the life you were meant to live
by Martha Beck

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth a read, 19 Mar 2009
This book has certainly got me thinking! I haven't quite got to the end yet as I got stuck into reading something else, which suggests that I began to find the book and exercises a bit tedious towards the end. That said, I am most definitely more aware of what I do and do not want out of my life, have made some positive changes, and have a sense of calm over my life. For me, I think it's a book I need to read to get the overall message, then start again and think things through on a deeper level - I think that's just my style of working. The funny thing is, I've helped my husband to find his North Star! That's a positive though, as he is now more in tune to my needing to find mine! I think if you're going to get the most out of the book, you need to work through each exercise, and allow time for that bit to sink in. I haven't really given it enough time, but it's definitely staying on my bookshelf.

Vegetarian Express: fast fresh food for energy and vitality throughout the day
Vegetarian Express: fast fresh food for energy and vitality throughout the day
by Rose Elliot

5.0 out of 5 stars Rose Elliot's Vegetarian Express, 4 Feb 2009
What a brilliant book! For a 'new' vegetarian, this is full of really simple, straight forward recipes, using 'normal' ingredients. Most cook books have recipes I would only use for special occasions as they cost a packet and take too long to prepare. I dip into this most weeks. Additionally, the menus are calorie and fat counted, so great if you're trying to watch your weight. Nicely presented, too.

Official Top Gear Powerrrr T-Shirt Medium
Official Top Gear Powerrrr T-Shirt Medium

4.0 out of 5 stars Top Gear Powerrrr t-shirt, 4 Feb 2009
T-shirt arrived quickly, no probs - my son is happy, but wishes I had bought the smaller size.