Profile for Gerry > Reviews

Gerry

Stargazer Semi-Permanent Conditioning Hair Colour 70ml
Stargazer Semi-Permanent Conditioning Hair Colour 70ml
Price: £0.01 - £9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant vibrant colour... shame it doesn't last, 9 Dec. 2010
If you want the best out of this product I recommend pre-lightening your hair first. I have tried the 'Plume' and the 'Ultra Blue' both of which gave a brilliant deep rich colour that really makes you stand out from the crowd. However, depending on how often you wash your hair, be prepared for the colour to fade quite quickly, I usually get about a month each time before I feel my hair needs dying again.

The quality of my hair it exactly the same as it was before using the dye. Also, be careful when you go to bed, you might need to cover your pillow with something for the first few nights as I have wrecked a couple of white pillow cases with the dye rubbing off. This will stop after a few washes.

Overall, a very good product.

A2-Level Chemistry OCR A Revision Guide (A2 Level Revision Guides)
A2-Level Chemistry OCR A Revision Guide (A2 Level Revision Guides)
by Richard Parsons

5.0 out of 5 stars I <3 CGP!, 7 July 2010
CGP revision guides must be the best revision guides out there. They're are great value for money and I love the way each one is specifically tailored to each of the exam boards.

This particular A2-Level Chemistry guide gives well detailed explanations of each topic covered by OCR, yet keeps everything concise enough to just be able to skim through it when revising. It provides a fresh (and quite humorous) alternative to my standard college text book. However, always remember that the book is designed for revision purposes so always look over your own notes and have a copy of the specification to hand when revising.

CGP got me through my GCSEs, AS-Levels and hopefully my A2-Levels too!

George Gershwin - The Essential Collection
George Gershwin - The Essential Collection

5.0 out of 5 stars *THE* Essential Gershwin Collection, 2 July 2010
I have to admit that I've never really been aware of the brilliance of George Gershwin before I started having singing lessons a few months ago. My singing coach insisted that I tried some Gershwin numbers and I was astonished to discover the most fantastic melodies, beautiful harmonies and exquisite pieces of music. I just had to learn more about his music.

"George Gershwin - The Essential Collection" is a carefully put together double CD of Gershwin's most accomplished pieces - many of which I was not familiar with - along with some other less well known but equally genius songs. The variety of different performers on the CD highlights Gershwin's versatility to suit many different voices and styles. Although I do wonder why many decide to start the songs from the refrain rather than the first verse.

I recommend this collection to anyone wanting to discover the beauty of Gershwin's music and learn why it has influenced popular music for generations.

Ladies' Abalone Drop Pendant Necklace, Silver Curb Chain, 46cm Length, Model A66/NKP41079 (variable colour)

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Beautiful!, 3 Jun. 2010
I bought the pendent along with the accompanying dropper earrings as a gift and was extremely pleased when it arrived. The pictures don't do it justice!

The Abalone pieces themselves are gorgeously iridescent with greeny-blue hues with hints of purple and pink, each set carefully into the delicate sterling silver. The silver chain is quite thin but good quality and nicely proportioned and inkeeping with the style and size of the pendent. Both the pendent and the chain have the 925 hallmark on the back. I was also plesantly surprised at the nice little gift box it arrived in.

All in all I am extremely pleased with it... and I am quite tempted to keep it for myself!

Ornami Ladies' Abalone Drop Earrings, Silver, Model A66/NKE41003
Ornami Ladies' Abalone Drop Earrings, Silver, Model A66/NKE41003

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Stunning!, 3 Jun. 2010
I bought the earrings along with the accompanying pendent necklace as a gift and was extremely pleased when they arrived. The pictures don't do them justice!

The Abalone pieces themselves are gorgeously iridescent with greeny-blue hues with hints of purple and pink, each set carefully into the delicate sterling silver. The silver earring hooks are nicely proportioned and inkeeping with the style and size of the droppers. Both the droppers and the hooks have the 925 hallmark on the back. I was also plesantly surprised at the nice little gift box they arrived in.

All in all I am extremely pleased with them... and I am quite tempted to keep them for myself!

Paladone Henry Face Mug
Paladone Henry Face Mug

4.0 out of 5 stars A Great Gift but..., 28 May 2010
... the picture is misleading. I expected the handle and the inside of the mug to be black but it turns out it is actually white and perhaps doesn't look quite so good as the picture. Still a great gift for my maths teacher who is called.. Mr Henry!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 22, 2010 9:55 PM BST

A2-Level Biology AQA Revision Guide
A2-Level Biology AQA Revision Guide
by Richard Parsons

5.0 out of 5 stars I <3 CGP!, 20 Dec. 2009

This particular A2-Level Biology guide gives well detailed explanations of each topic covered by AQA, yet keeps everything concise enough to just be able to skim through it when revising. It provides a fresh (and quite humorous) alternative to my standard college text book.

CGP got me through my GCSEs, AS-Levels and will be a great help in the run up to my A2 exams in January and the summer.

Twilight New Moon Calendar 2010 - Officially Licensed
Twilight New Moon Calendar 2010 - Officially Licensed
by Pyramid International
Edition: Calendar

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, 20 Dec. 2009
Beautiful images, good condition. I bought it for my friend as she is a huge Twilight fan and she loved it.

Dolores Claiborne - Stephen King
Dolores Claiborne - Stephen King
by Stephen King

3.0 out of 5 stars Recommended by a friend... dissapointed, 7 Sept. 2009
A few friends kept recommending me this book and since I have not read much Stephen King before I thought I would give it a go. Ballsy, feisty Dolores is not a women to argue with, but not the kind of character to fall in love with either. King forces her character upon the reader so much that I wanted to read the book as quickly as possible just to put an end to Dolores's ramblings.

Perhaps I am too young to relate with Dolores yet, or maybe it was just the unfamiliar setting and accent that put me off. Maybe I will read this again later in life and get more out of it.