Profile for Suze > Reviews

Content by Suze
Top Reviewer Ranking: 610

Suze "Susie" (England)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Cher: Strong Enough
Cher: Strong Enough
by Josiah Howard

3.0 out of 5 stars Good coverage up to the endo of the &0's Cher and Sonny & Cher hows. Everything else is rushed and scant., 6 July 2014
This review is from: Cher: Strong Enough (Paperback)
Written in 2013, I expected the book to have much more post 70's Cher information. It doesn't.
I expected it to go into detail about her Vegas shows and her 'current' farewell tour.
Her time with Gene Simmons and Rob Camilletti barely get a mention.
Cher in the 80s and 90s gets a brief mention in the epilogue and last few pages.
Her movies get skimmed over quickly.

The bulk of the book covers her life up to the end of the 70's tv shows.
But so do many other biographies out there.
I want a Cher biography that covers it all, and when its written in 2013 I don't expect it to end in the 70s.
Maybe this book was written years before its 2013 tag and the last bits were just hurriedly added on at the end for a reprint?

I don't know.
But J Randy Taraborelli's 'Cher' covers the same ground as this and explains in better detail the legal reasons for Cher returning to work with Sonny.

This book is not really an autobiography but a review show by show of the 70s tv shows.
it lists what sketches were in each show, which guest stars, which songs were sung and what costumes Cher wore. All of this is fascinating.
And now that we have youtube, you can even see the show snippets that are written about in this book thanks to many kind people who have uploaded videos of the shows.
As a kid growing up in rural England I never got to watch the Sonny and Cher or Cher tv shows.
Thanks to youtube and the details in this book, I now feel I was there.

So to sum up..........this is an excellent book if you want all the details of the 70s shows.
Not so goo if you want a biography od ALL her career from birth up to 2014.

L'Oréal Paris True Match Foundation, Golden Cappuccino 30 ml Number W8
L'Oréal Paris True Match Foundation, Golden Cappuccino 30 ml Number W8

5.0 out of 5 stars Really relieved to have found a colour match for my light olive skin., 30 Jun 2014
I had been using Olay Complete Care Touch of Foundation [dark] for ages and was dismayed to find they had stopped making it.
So I put a bit of what I had left on my hand and went into Boots to try out other foundations and see which was the nearest colour match.

This L'Oreal True Match in Golden Capuccino was almost the same colour - but they only had a tester bottle in the store, so good old Amazon came to the rescue again. I ordered some from here.
This colour is perfect for a light Olive skin tone. The texture isn't too thick and just a few dots on the face and blended in with the fingers gives good coverage. You don't need a lot, so a bottle should last a long time.
It is a matt finish, but I still need a bit of loose powder brushed over to get rid of all shine.
I had to use more of the Olay one because it was thicker. This is a thinner product and goes further.

Very happy with the texture, coverage and most of all the colour.
Thankyou L'Oreal.

Olay SPF15 Total Effects Touch of Maxfactor Moisturiser Foundation - Medium - 50 ml
Offered by BrandedBeauty

2.0 out of 5 stars Not dark enough., 26 Jun 2014
Now Olay have stopped making a touch of foundation products in a dark colour, what is a girl with Olive skin to do?
I read the reviews on here for this Total Effects Medium and one reviewer said it was too dark, so I tried it hoping it would be ok for me.
It isn't.

Of course the quality is Olay's usual high standard and these Total Effects products are always top, but colourwise this does not do the job.

Thanks for nothing Olay.

Olay have now discontinued any foundation product for olive/dark skin.
They do medium and fair in this but both are too pale for an Olive skin.
I have also tried their Regenerist CC in 'dark' but it is too thin in texture and also too pale in colour. I've wasted money trying all of the others so don't follow suit if you have an olive skin tone.

Olay no longer make foundations for Olive or dark skin. Full stop.

After reading lots of online reviews for L'Oreal True Match Foundation, it seems that is the closest foundation to the other [discontinued] Olay one.
I put some of the Complete Care touch of dark foundation on my hand and went around Boots looking at testers.
It did feel a bit thick - but I think if it is applied like I used to apply this Olay one - dotted over the face lightly and then finger blended in it should be OK.
Sadly, Boots only had a tester in the store. None left for sale, so I have ordered a bottle from an Amazon seller.

I was annoyed that Boots had sold out, but then in hindsight I decided that might be a good thing. If it's sold out, it means it is a big seller and therefore HOPEFULLY won't be discontinued.

So, if like me you have Olive skin and need a light textured foundation product in a darker tone than Olay produce, have a look at the L'Oreal one and see if it might be ok for you too.

HIGH QUALITY ORTHOPAEDIC V SHAPED PILLOW CASE / COVER IN 20 COLOUR (Terracotta)
HIGH QUALITY ORTHOPAEDIC V SHAPED PILLOW CASE / COVER IN 20 COLOUR (Terracotta)
Offered by Home Linen Style

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice quality cotton. Deep rich colour., 22 Jun 2014
I got a new duvet set in a stripey orange/terracotta pattern and needed a new V shape pillow case to match. This one looks a treat with the new bedding. It washes well, too.
It's a lovely deep, rich terracotta brown.
Very happy with it and have ordered another as a spare.
At £3.99, why not!

Olay Essentials Complete Care Touch of Foundation - Medium SPF 15 50 ml (Packaging Varies)
Offered by HORNSEA-INKJET-SUPPLIES

2.0 out of 5 stars Too pale., 22 Jun 2014
I have used Olay Complete Care touch of foundation in the dark colour for ages. And I must have been the only person buying it because Olay have stopped making it.
I tried this one in the medium colour hoping it would be ok, but it isn't.
The colour is far too pale for an Olive skin.
So thanks for nothing Olay.
The quality of the product is of Olay's usual excellent standard but they have failed me on the colour.

Olay have now discontinued ANY foundation product for olive/dark skin.
They do medium and fair in this but both are too pale for an Olive skin.
I have also tried their Total Effects Touch of Foundation in 'medium' but it is too pale in colour and I've tried their Regenerist CC in 'medium' and 'dark' but that is too thin in texture and also both are too pale in colour. I've wasted money trying so don't follow suit if you have an olive skin tone.

Olay no longer make foundations for Olive or dark skin. Full stop.

After reading lots of online reviews for L'Oreal True Match Foundation, it seems that is the closest foundation to the [discontinued] Olay 'dark' one.

I put some of the complete care touch of dark foundation on my hand and went around Boots looking at testers to see if any matched. The closest colour match in the L'Oreal True Match range seems to be 'Golden Cappuccino.'

EPICONDYLITIS JURA CLASP FOR TENNIS ELBOW & GOLFERS ELBOW SMALL
EPICONDYLITIS JURA CLASP FOR TENNIS ELBOW & GOLFERS ELBOW SMALL
Offered by PHYSIOSTORE

4.0 out of 5 stars Be careful with the sizing, 6 Jun 2014
My forearm is 24cm so I ordered a small one, when it arrived it felt a bit too big and I have had to pull the velcro strip a long way round - so I think maybe the extra small would have been better for me.
It is a semi rigid brace and the larger 'pad' goes on the outside of your arm.
It can be used on either arm and there are some instructions in the box. There is also a spare 'pad liner'.

I have the strap on my forearm now and I can feel some pressure from it.
Time will tell if it relieves the pain in my elbow.
I will report back after a little while to review that. But on first impressions, this is a well made strap and not cheap or nasty at all.

my problem was a burning pain near the knobbly bits of my outer elbow. So painful it was making me feel sick. I tried gentle excercise for a while but it just made the burning worse.
I have worn this now for a couple of days and the burning pain has subsided. I have been able to carry on using my arm and although I can still feel discomfort along the arm, that awful burning sensation is gone.
I am pleased with this strap.

Copco Sierra Tumbler, Purple
Copco Sierra Tumbler, Purple
Offered by UniStore

3.0 out of 5 stars The rubber seal on the lid is the weak point, 3 Jun 2014
This cup is more expensive than many of the others available. I assume this is because of the rubber gripping band.
That is excellent.
However, the lid is quite thin and you often get it cross threaded when fastening, so it is a bit more fiddly than other such cups which have a thicker lid and threads. Less able customers may find that a problem.

With repeated washing, which is of course necessary, the rubber seal in the lid tends to work loose and after time it becomes slack. Try getting a new rubber seal to fit.

I have other cups from amazon which have not had this problem. The seal has remained intact and the lid is easier to screw fastened.

This one scores well because of the rubber grip band.
But I think it is very overpriced.
There are other such cups available on amazon which are better, they just don't have a rubber grip.

Cool Gear 600 ml Printed Chiller Cup with Straw, Blue
Cool Gear 600 ml Printed Chiller Cup with Straw, Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice quality and easy to clean, 3 Jun 2014
These beakers are so handy to put in cup holders in your van or car. The lid prevents accidental spillage and is really useful.
The plastic cup, lid and straw are all good quality and are easy to wash and keep clean.
Very pleased.
Some such beakers have a rubber grip on them, this one, sadly does not have that feature.
But the rubber grip ones are almost three times more expensive.

I Can Hear Music
I Can Hear Music

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite Beach Boys tune., 3 Jun 2014
This review is from: I Can Hear Music (MP3 Download)
I LOVE this song. It is happy and summery and just great to sing a long to.
Their harmonies are legendary.
Their very name conjures up smiles and thoughts of happy summer days without a care in the world.
This song epitomises all of that.

Get it on your MP3 player and start grinning as you sing along to it NOW!

Luxurious Plain Dyad Pair Pillowcases In 20 Colours - Made In UK (Terracotta)
Luxurious Plain Dyad Pair Pillowcases In 20 Colours - Made In UK (Terracotta)
Offered by Home Linen Style

5.0 out of 5 stars good quality fabric, 3 Jun 2014
Good quality fabric, not too thick or thin - perfect.
Good solid colour. Washes well.
Complement the patterned duvet set which only came with two pillow cases.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20