Profile for Elaine Corne > Reviews

Content by Elaine Corne

Elaine Corne "dollykat" (London)

Zack: Armed and Dangerous
Zack: Armed and Dangerous
by Cheyenne McCray
Price: 8.90

4.0 out of 5 stars Great read but published previously, 14 April 2009
As the previously reviewer mentioned, I really love the work of this author and was looking forward to reading this book only to find that I had already read it (although I don't think it was called Zack)! This story has already been published in e-format or in a novella. In all fairness I couldn't remember who the bad guy was until near the end and I still passed a few enjoyable hours.

Killer Charms
Killer Charms
by Marianne Stillings
Price: 6.67

4.0 out of 5 stars Another great read, 20 Feb 2009
This is the story of Andie Darling (Nate and Ethan Darling's stories can be found in Arousing Suspicions (Avon Romance)Satisfaction. I enjoyed this book as it finished the stories of the siblings (probably best to read the other two books first). Andie has always been protected by Ethan and now Nate's back in the picture she has a lot to live up to. She wants their respect and to be admired for her own achievements rather than that of her brothers. She is given an assignment which turns out to have many complications, not to mention the charming brogue of a certain scotsman! All in all a good read and a nice round-up of the story.

A Very Merry Christmas: "Do You Hear What I Hear" WITH "Bah Humbug, Baby" AND "By Firelight" (Twins' Bad Boys)
by Lori Foster

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 26 Oct 2007
BEWARE - These stories have already been published in different novellas!

It would seem that as it is coming up to Christmas the publishers cobbled together three stories relating to "the Christmas season" and packaged it as a new book. The stories are all good and I would have been very pleased with the book if I hadn't already read them.

Nine Lives
Nine Lives
by Sharon Sala

4.0 out of 5 stars review of an avid reader, 3 April 2007
This review is from: Nine Lives (Mass Market Paperback)
Nine Lives was a great read. If you are in to suspense with a little romance thrown in, this is the book for you. The story centres around Cat, a women who has managed to cheat death twice. She has learned that the heart is a fragile thing and so has hardened herself to any chance of involvement. When her best friend is killed, she is determined to avenge her. Here we meet the love interest, a man with the same job as her, who is obvious interested in more than just a "fling" which makes Cat wary of him. Her determination to find her best friend's killer and his determination to protect the woman he has come to love makes for a great read and will keep you page turning to the very end.

Bet Me
Bet Me
by Jennifer Crusie

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read!, 8 Nov 2004
This review is from: Bet Me (Mass Market Paperback)
As with all the other reviews, I love this author and cannot say that I have read anything bad. This book is fantastic and so funny and at least the female isn't your average size 8, beautiful and blond! There may be hope for us all!!!

Key Of Light: Number 1 in series (Key Trilogy)
Key Of Light: Number 1 in series (Key Trilogy)
by Nora Roberts
Price: 6.39

5.0 out of 5 stars A definite read!, 8 Jun 2004
This book had me gripped from the first. I have liked most of Nora Roberts books and this was no exception - I had ordered the first two not realising that there was a third. Once I had started to read this book I immediately put in my order for the third one and had finished the first two by the time the third had come! Nora Roberts has woven a tale of six people who must all come to terms with their past, present and future to be able to solve a mystery. This book has it all, romance, intrigue and magic (literally!). The three women are all independent and strong, willing to fight for the right to live their lives their own way. The men good looking and strong and able to let these women be themselves - what every women dreams of. These books left me smiling - a definite must in my book.

Faking it
Faking it
by Jenny Crusie

5.0 out of 5 stars Made me laugh out loud on the train, 20 April 2004
This review is from: Faking it (Paperback)
I have to say that this book did something that very few books can do -that is make me laugh out loud on the train first thing in the morning onmy way into work, it was simply hilarious. The characters are allinteresting and are a delight to read about - definitely kept me turningthe pages well into the night. I think that Jennifer Cruise is great!

Heart of the Sea (Irish Trilogy)
Heart of the Sea (Irish Trilogy)
by Nora Roberts

5.0 out of 5 stars I want to live in Ardmore!, 13 Oct 2003
I bought this trilogy on a whim which certainly paid off! I am a fan of Nora Roberts (including her J D Robb series) and thought I would give this a try, a little light reading for the train journey to work - however it pulled me right into the story. I didn't want to leave the train, I wanted to stay there all day just so that I could read about Aidan, Shaun and Darcy and their exploits at Gallaghers, their pub. Having visited Dublin many moons ago, I could totally relate to the lively atmosphere in the pub and the spontaneous bursts of song that seem to be an every day part of life in Ireland. A definite buy for those who want to escape into the realm of faeries and magic!

Eleventh Hour (FBI Thriller (Jove Paperback))
Eleventh Hour (FBI Thriller (Jove Paperback))
by Catherine Coulter
Price: 4.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Catherine Coulter's FBI series is fantastic, 20 Aug 2003
I thoroughly enjoyed Eleventh Hour and could not put it down. The suspense kept me guessing with two stories running alongside each other. As always Sherlock and Savich are such a fantastic couple, and as for Dane and Nick, another great pair introduced into the mix - can't wait for more!!

Bubbles Unbound
Bubbles Unbound
by Sarah Strohmeyer

4.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down!, 4 Aug 2003
This review is from: Bubbles Unbound (Paperback)
As a fan of Janet Evanovitch, I purchased this book on a recommendation from Amazon and was so pleased that I had. The situations that Bubbles got herself in had me smiling on the train into work (a very hard feat indeed!). I quickly read the next two books in this series and can't wait for the next. Bubbles' family and friends are all very special characters and as well as wondering what Bubbles will get up to, you also wonder at the antics of this motley crew. I can't wait for the next book to be published.