Profile for Magnus > Reviews

Fright Night [Blu-ray]
Fright Night [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Colin Farrell

5.0 out of 5 stars Wake up and get real., 10 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Fright Night [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
This film is one of my favourites and, by all accounts, it looks absolutely wonderful on blu ray.

Unfortunately, in 2011 the studio chose to release it in a very limited run and so now we have some truly Walter Mitty-like characters trying to sell it on Amazon for between £1000 and £2000.

Dream on fantasists - it's only a matter of time before this is rereleased in HD and you'll have to drop your prices to real-world levels.

Dracula (Blu-ray + DVD) [1958]
Dracula (Blu-ray + DVD) [1958]
Dvd ~ Christopher Lee
Offered by Quality Media Supplies Ltd.

5.0 out of 5 stars An eye-witness account, 4 Mar. 2013
I'm truly astounded to read reviews of a Blu-ray written BEFORE the film has even been released - especially the one which damns the film based purely on misleading screen-grabs and pre-emptive complaints from people with an obvious axe to grind posted on the net.

Of the reviewers here, with the exception of Matt and myself, I believe that no one else has actually watched the Blu-ray - so how they feel entitled to post a review is beyond me.

I was the person who found the extra footage in Japan and so, like Matt, I was sent a review copy which I have watched several times.

My verdict? Magnificent.
Well done Hammer.
Comment Comments (16) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 5, 2014 12:06 AM GMT