Profile for M. Kelly > Reviews

Content by M. Kelly

M. Kelly (Belfast Northern Ireland)

Page: 1 | 2
Brother DCP-197C - multifunction (printer / copier / scanner) (colour) (same as DCP-195C) - Starter inks removed, XL High Capacity Inks Included
Offered by Allday Officesupplies UK ( Vat Registered )
Price: 54.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Brother DCP-197C, 20 May 2014
I got fed up with the temperamental colour cartridges in my Hewell Packard (all colours contained in one cartridge), so I decided to try the Brother DCP -197C. as it has a separate cartridge for each colour. The seller provided an added incentive in that they included higher volume ink cartridge as part of the deal.
Set up etc.. reasonably straight forward - I too found the on board LED difficult to read without having to stand up. The major problem I experienced was the faintness of the print both colour and black! The black was a very faint grey no where near a quality one would consider using for a letter or a report. I contacted the seller who were not very helpful in their reply i.e "contact Brother, we don't get involved in technical issues". My son, a computer software engineer, spent considerable time working on this problem via the CD -Rom disk, and by eventually setting the ink levels to maximum we have a "just about achieved an acceptable" print quality!
I have decide to keep the printer and will update this review if the print quality improves. I would point out that throughout the instruction book on this printer Brother keep reminding the buyer that all cartridges must contain their specialised ink! I am wondering if the ink in the cartridges supplied by the seller with this printer {see above} were in fact Brother cartridges - it does not say so anywhere on the cartridge casing! - Just a thought, and a possible explanation for the faint quality of the print. I would refrain from recommending this printer until I see how it performs over the coming weeks.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 23, 2014 8:45 PM BST

All The Roadrunning
All The Roadrunning
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Knopfler goes Country - works well with E L Harris -, 8 Aug 2013
This review is from: All The Roadrunning (Audio CD)
Knopfler and Harris fans will all appreciate this gem. It is a pity they didn't give Mark more extended solos but then it is sort of a Country album.
If Knopfler played "Happy Birthday" behind an E L Harris vocal I would like it!

Good price and fast delivery! What more do you want?

Missing... Presumed Having A Good Time
Missing... Presumed Having A Good Time
Price: 7.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A must for Knopfler fans., 8 Aug 2013
I was a bit late in getting round to buying this album. While a bit of a "tangent" to the Dire Straits material - Mark Knopfler shines trhough! Good price and fast delivery

JR refills 90ml Colour Universal Starter Kit, 30ml Flush
JR refills 90ml Colour Universal Starter Kit, 30ml Flush

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value and easy to use!, 8 Aug 2013
I have not yet used this Colour Starter Kit but if it is anything like the "Black" kit, then I won't be disappointed.

I used to take my empty cartridges to the local cartridge refill shop and was lucky to get 70 pages from one refill. I refilled my own cartridge from the JR Black kit and the first refill has already given me more pages than the local shop refill! If the user strictly follows the instructions that come with these kits then they are going to save LOTS of money! A comparably cheap alternative to "shop refills" and you do not even have to leave your home to get the cartridge filledl!

Good fast service as well!

Casio CTK-3200AD 61 Key Piano Style Touch Response Keyboard with AC adapter
Casio CTK-3200AD 61 Key Piano Style Touch Response Keyboard with AC adapter
Price: 125.94

4.0 out of 5 stars Keyboard bought for my grand daughter who has move to London but no longer has access to a piano. She thinks it's great!, 8 Aug 2013
I do not play this keyboard but my grand daughter says it is great! Took a bit of getting used to the action of the keys but after a few weeks she was playing as good as she was on our old upright piano.

A good price, quick delivery and no snags - that is what I got with this order. Recommended

Swift Turn H Tobacco Nubuck - 8
Swift Turn H Tobacco Nubuck - 8

4.0 out of 5 stars These shoes are very good quality and are as described by the seller - They were just too wide a fit for me!, 8 Aug 2013
I received these shoes on time etc.... they were as described and good quality my reason for returning them was that they were wide fitting and despite trying them with winter socks my feet were still slipping around inside them.
I would like to applaud Amazon for their excellent return policy and the speed with which they replied to my email. This is why I try to buy EVERYTHING from them.
I would also like to praise "Clarks Shoes" for their new policy of returning footwear. Inside the shoe box was a prepaid sticker fully addressed for the return of the shoes to their distribution centre, in the event that they did not fit.
I will go to the local Clarks store and try on some alternatives. Their shoes are reasonably priced and long wearing - I have a pair of "Clarks" shoes for 10 years and they are still going strong.

The Traveling Wilburys Collection [2 CD + DVD]
The Traveling Wilburys Collection [2 CD + DVD]
Price: 12.45

4.0 out of 5 stars Just what one would expect!, 18 Jun 2013
The Disks were new and had no flaws. The seller was prompt as usual and the price was good.

Anyone wishing to get the Travelling Wilbury's Collection can not go wrong using this seller.

Black & Decker 90552006 Replacement Strimmer Belt
Black & Decker 90552006 Replacement Strimmer Belt
Offered by HHM Power Tool Centre
Price: 5.30

3.0 out of 5 stars Belt identical to the one that failed but the price was high!, 18 Jun 2013
There is little can be said about a replacement Strimmer Belt only that it was identical to the one that failed. The reason for the rating is down to the fact that this item was cheaper in one of the local Diy stores!

Tippitoes Top and Tail Bowl
Tippitoes Top and Tail Bowl
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Well designed Top and Tail Bowl, 11 May 2013
Bought this as a present for my son who advises me that the bowl is a good quality item. The inclusion of a soap tray and face cloth "well" makes shows the designer put a bit of thought into making life easier for the parent.

Recorder from the Beginning
Recorder from the Beginning
by John Pitts
Price: 2.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent recorder, 11 May 2013
This was a present for my granddaughter and she is very please with it. The quality is good and the tutor book is very easy to understand etc... would recommend!

Page: 1 | 2