Profile for Mr. Andreas B. Larfors > Reviews

Content by Mr. Andreas B....

Mr. Andreas B. Larfors (Bristol, UK)

Honda Civic and Del Sol Automotive Repair Manual: 1992 to 1995 (Haynes Automotive Repair Manuals)
by Mike Stubblefield

4.0 out of 5 stars Only for SOHC engines, 30 July 2015
Covers a lot of topics and contains useful information above what might be required. It should be noted that this book is for SOHC engines only, and does not cover the DOHC engines. The engines covered by this book (according to the book) are:
D15B8
D15B7
D15Z1
D16Z6

In my car I have a D15B2, which is also SOHC, but this engine is not specifically mentioned as covered by the book... Confusing.
Either way, for any DOHC engines you will need to find another book, although most of the information will still be relevant.

Opteka Titanium Series 58mm 0.3X HD Super Fisheye Lens for Professional Video Camcorders

4.0 out of 5 stars Warning: does not fit on XA10 with handle attached., 28 May 2015
Good picture, good fisheye effect. Includes a spacer ring for increasing the fisheye effect and vignetting. Seems like a quality product.

Word of warning: I found very little information about it, but I did read somewhere that this would fit on an XA10. It will, but not with the handle attached, meaning you can either use it without the handle or with an aftermarket handle. Annoying, and if I'd known this I wouldn't have bought it.

OXFORD FIRST TIME MOTORCYCLE PANNIERS
OXFORD FIRST TIME MOTORCYCLE PANNIERS

4.0 out of 5 stars Great budget panniers!, 10 July 2010
Having been riding for several years but never needing panniers until recently I was a bit apprehensive about these as they seemed far cheaper than competing products. I went ahead and ordered them though, and first of all I must commend Ghostbikes on their speedy delivery, I was surprised to get these a mere two days after ordering.

I bought these for a 1988 Honda Bros 400 and fitment was a trial-and-error process. Because of the universal nature of the panniers, the instructions are quite generic, along the lines of "put these straps over or under the frame, or use the additional straps around frame or luggage fitment points" etc. After an hour or so I had a good stable pannier attached, though the Bros is quite a small bike and I was left with a relatively small amount of space on which to sit, but that is an issue of my bike, not of the panniers. In fact, it speaks positively of the panniers as they're small enough to fit on small bikes but large enough to qualify for bigger bikes.

I haven't yet done extensive touring with the panniers, but after a short 20 mile ride with about 4kg in each pannier I can report that they're stable and stay in one place, and don't flop about when riding. Courtesy of the English weather I was able to try out the waterproof covers too, which seemed to hold up well in a brief shower, not sure I'd trust them in a monsoon though!

The reason these panniers did not get 5 stars is that the semi-rigid pieces which fit in the outside-most pockets of the panniers (which are provided in several colours to match whatever bike you may be riding) do not fit into the pockets and must be trimmed down. The other issue as previously mentioned is the trial-and-error fitment of these bags, but I guess that's to be expected with a universal product such as this.

All in all a great product at a great price. They may be first time panniers, but I have no doubt they serve their purpose well enough as a long-term luggage solution!

Apple Mini DisplayPort to DVI adapter cable by Neet® - ( for Unibody MacBook - Pro - Air etc. )
Offered by Neet Cables

3.0 out of 5 stars Great, but problems with VGA adapter, 29 April 2010
I bought this to try to save some money over the official Apple adapter, but in the end it really wasn't worth the hassle of having to make a separate order. It works great for DVI connections, and great with a DVI to HDMI cable into my TV, but when I had to connect it to a projector using a VGA connection it refused to work. I borrowed an official Apple adapter and using the same DVI->VGA connector it worked without any problems.

2M FireWire 800 Cable, 9 pin to 4 pin, 1.8 Metre (6ft), IEEE1394b Rated
2M FireWire 800 Cable, 9 pin to 4 pin, 1.8 Metre (6ft), IEEE1394b Rated
Offered by The LACH Group

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money!, 29 April 2010
Bought this to capture video from my miniDV camera to my new Macbook Pro which has the 'new' FireWire800 port instead of traditional FireWire. Works great, have rolled the cable up to stuff it into a bag several times and it shows no sign of any wear, connections at either end seem strong and the cable is quite long which is always handy. Great product, can't beat it for the price!