Profile for Stokey Sue > Reviews

Lakeland Freezeasy White Peel Off Freezer Bag Labels (2.5 x 4cm) x 250
Lakeland Freezeasy White Peel Off Freezer Bag Labels (2.5 x 4cm) x 250
Offered by Lakeland

2.0 out of 5 stars Less than ideal, 4 Mar. 2015
I have a couple of issues with these labels
The first is the irritating dispenser gimmick, a great idea to have single label lifted off the backing ready to use. no?
Very much NO from me, as there is no way of writing the label while still on the backing, which is the usual, sensible, way of working with self-adhesive labels - I find it very hard to write on a label stuck to the tip of my ring finger, and most of the time I want to write the same thing on several labels, which is easier to do before you stick them onto the packages. So I start by disabling the dispenser, which makes the box fall apart, so I repair it with clear tape.
Then the labels stick to only some packaging material - they won't stick to the lids of Lakeland Stackaboxes or to the lids of Tupperware, they usually stick to the sides (less useful) and frequently stick to Lock & Lock. They often stick to zip lock bags (but not always)
The outcome is that I have a freezer full of UFOs (Unidentified Frozen Objects) all of which were properly labelled when they went on.

SuperFast Thermapen - professional food thermometer in tan
SuperFast Thermapen - professional food thermometer in tan
Offered by ETI Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Good thermometer, good instructions, 11 Jan. 2015
I don't know why I wasted time & money on cheaper kitchen shop thermometers before I got this, it does exactly what it is meant to do and I am very happy with it

I am astonished how off my microwave timings have been! And how unevenly my microwave cooks - using it is becoming a bit of an obsession

As I usually moan about the instructions that come with things, let me say that these are excellent, you can (& probably should) read them like a magazine

AMOS Cold Cuts Deli Meat Storage Bags Fridge Fresh Food Ham Turkey Chicken Sausage Reusable Stay Keep Fresh Longer Preserving Zip Lock Reseal Grip Seal Bags (6 Pack)
Offered by CostMad-UK

1.0 out of 5 stars Nice idea but not a lot of practical value, 15 Dec. 2014
Flimsy and the closure is useless - I'd have preferred a conventional shaped bag that I could close with a clip, never found out if they worked as I couldn't keep them closed (would be a bit better if the closure went down the short side, not the long one)

AMOS Cheese Storage Bags Fridge Fresh Food Reusable Stay Keep Fresh Longer Preserving Zip Lock Reseal Grip Seal Bags (6 Pack)
Offered by CostMad-UK

1.0 out of 5 stars Nice idea but not a lot of practical value, 15 Dec. 2014

Pack of 12 ,Niceday Gel Ink Click Retractable Rollerball Pens, Medium Tip, Black - (1623885)
Offered by Packaging.Products.Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice all round pen, 15 Dec. 2014
I bought these because I wanted
1. Pens that would be easy to write with, needing very little pressure applied
2. Pen that don't need caps that I will inevitably lose down the back of a seat
3. Pens that aren't so expensive I'll be upset if I lose one
4. Pens that produce a strong black line, so my (largish) handwriting doesn't look too spidery and will scan & photocopy well

Fit all of the above - I just have to stop my colleagues agreeing so completely they try to remove them

Mermaid 31 cm 12-inch Hard Anodised Baking Tray
Mermaid 31 cm 12-inch Hard Anodised Baking Tray
Offered by Cheerful Bargains Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Roast Veg, 15 Dec. 2014
Just what I wanted, heavy, easy to clean, perfect roast veg. Good for all sorts of baking tasks though, as it transfers heat so well almost anything will do well cooked on it.

AMOS Fruit & Vegetables Storage Bags Fresh Food Greens Veg Produce Reusable Stay Keep Fresh Longer Preserving Bags (10 Pack)

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok but not strong, 15 Dec. 2014
Much thinner and less robust than other brands

Earth Friendly Products Wave Dishwasher Gel with Rinse Aid Fragrance Free 950 ml (Pack of 2)

2.0 out of 5 stars No stain removing power, 15 Dec. 2014
I wanted this to work
It's a good price, and it is unscented, which is important to me
However, it's adequate but not brilliant at removing general surface dirt (but heck, it's being used in a dishwasher, anything works a bit with that hot high pressure spray)
It does not remove stains from white plastic chopping boards (cut up a mushroom and it looks like something horrible and grimy has happened on your board, red peppers leave a permanent reminder; this has not happened with other detergents)
And what has finally decided me against it is that I've had a tea drinker to stay. After just one use, a tea mug looks as if it has been hanging around unwashed for months. Yuck.

BACKGAMMON SET.  BLACK EXECUTIVE CASE.45cm(18")
BACKGAMMON SET. BLACK EXECUTIVE CASE.45cm(18")
Offered by games and gifts

5.0 out of 5 stars Good basic board, 26 Oct. 2014
It's a standard tournament sized basic backgammon set at a very reasonable price; better catches than some similar ones and decent pieces (stones, checkers, whatever you like to call them)

I take it to regular backgammon clubs, and people are happy to play on it

Bamix Stand, White
Bamix Stand, White

4.0 out of 5 stars Works fine, 26 Oct. 2014
It works. It could do with more weight in the base (I intend to add some) if you aren't wall mounting - did you know it could be wall mounted?

Holds the machine out of the way and stores the cutters, which is very useful

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6