Profile for EssexGonzo > Reviews

Hit and Miss adjustable vent cover 10. 5 x 6.5 with flyscreen
Hit and Miss adjustable vent cover 10. 5 x 6.5 with flyscreen
Offered by DOM'S DIY DIRECT

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect., 3 Mar. 2015
Just what I needed. Easy to install and well priced.

SENA UltraSlim Pouch Case for Htc One Black
SENA UltraSlim Pouch Case for Htc One Black

5.0 out of 5 stars The classiest case around for under £50., 3 Mar. 2015
I'm really fussy about phone cases. I don't like disfiguring lovely, metal phones with horrible plastic or rubber cases but I do see the need to protect what is effectively a £500 purchase. I don't like fold-up or flip down cases - again for the same reason. They just look wrong when you're on the phone and anyway - why hide this cutting edge piece of kit when you've got it out? I also like to be able to slip it easily in and out of my pocket - so nothing too thick or grippy.

Hence the Ultraslim case. This is the 4th phone I've bought one for and they're brilliant. Classy, slim, protective and had wearing. I've been using mine for about 15 months now and it's standing up brilliantly. Not even a hint of a loosening seam. You pay a little more but they last for years. It's also beginning to look nice and "used" in a way that only leather can. And sliding the phone in and out has not scratched the screen one little bit - the inside surface is lovely and soft.

And answering the phone quickly is no bother - you just pinch the bottom of the case and slide the phone out. really easy!

Apple Magic Mouse
Apple Magic Mouse

3.0 out of 5 stars It's a lovely thing but......, 3 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Apple Magic Mouse (Accessory)
......my hand and wrist are aching after half a day using it.

What's good: the design (obviously) and the cleverness. The touch sensitive top surface for the gestures allowing scrolling and swiping is very intuitive and like the trackpad on the macbook. The setup was easy. It's nicely weighted and has a nice high-quality click when you press a button.

What's not: the comfort of using it. My hands are large-ish (I'm 6'2" and "robustly" built) but do have reasonably trim hands. I suspect that this mouse is too narrow and too low compared to most wireless windows mice I've used meaning that I have to curl my hand together laterally and angle the wrist downwards more than is comfortable. I would recommend trying before you buy, if you can.

Brabantia Cotton Ironing Board Cover with 2mm Foamback, Size C, 124 x 45cm, Metallized Silver

4.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 1 Mar. 2015
Don't buy copies.....this is the best cover for your ironing board! Easy to fit, quality fixings and if its anything like the last one it will last years. You will need some additional foam underlay, or just leave the old cover on underneath it. This is only the top cover.

Dirty pro tools TM NEW BICYCLE REPAIR WORK STAND NEW DESIGN WITH QUICK RELEASE HANDLE AND CLAMP HOME CYCLE BIKE MECHANICS MOUNTAIN ROAD PROFESSIONAL
Offered by D Pro Tools UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive at this price, 16 Feb. 2015
Having last year got my first "proper" (i.e. expensive) road bike since I was a teenager I thought I'd better maintain it well. Which meant getting fed up of bending and kneeling down to try and clean and adjust it and still missing stuff. So I budgeted about £100 for a Park Tools / Halfords stand but then saw this for under £30. I read all of the reviews and thought that - even if I didn't like it - for the price it was worth a punt.

I've now used it twice - once for a light carbon road bike and once for an old mountain bike made from girders. I am well impressed. It's stable, easy to use and the quality is way better than I expected for the price. I'm sure it's not as good as the big brands but as long as it holds my bike - which it does - I don't really need it to be made of unobtanium or have self-retracting legs. Recommended.

Ceiling Hook for IKEA Lights Chandelier pendant rose European fitting
Ceiling Hook for IKEA Lights Chandelier pendant rose European fitting
Offered by Style & Light by Cotterell & Co

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the job, 24 Dec. 2014
Although the heavier Ikea fittings need these, trying to find them is a nightmare. This was exactly what I needed at a next-to-nothing price and now firmly holds our new, heavy fitting very securely.

Varilight Brushed Steel, LED Dimmer Switch - V-Pro Series, 1 Gang (Single), 1 or 2 Way, 400 Watt (Trailing Edge)
Offered by 1StopElectrics

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed., 24 Dec. 2014
Excellent quality, look and feel. Above all, my difficult search for an LED dimmer - in a certain design - was over when this arrived. Easy to wire up and even easier to programme to match the draw of the bulbs without flickering. I now know where to go in the future as we convert more bulbs to LEDs.

2 pcs ERROR FREE CANBUS W5W T10 5050-SMD 9 LED LIGHT BULBS LAMP XENON WHITE 12V
2 pcs ERROR FREE CANBUS W5W T10 5050-SMD 9 LED LIGHT BULBS LAMP XENON WHITE 12V
Offered by highqualityforyou

2.0 out of 5 stars They're not white....., 27 Nov. 2014
The lamps works without errors - but it's too blue! I didn't want the boy racer look, just something to match the whiteness of my factory xenon headlamps. Very disappointing - these are not white!

Kamor® 13.3 inch MacBook Air MacBook Pro Neoprene Sleeve Case Cover Shell - Simple Slim Water-resistant Neoprene Laptop Sleeve Case Bag/ Notebook Computer Case / Briefcase Carrying Bag / Ultrabook Laptop Bag Case / Pouch Cover / Skin Cover with 4.5cm thickness(Black/Gray)
Offered by YoSpace.U

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what is needed at a reasonable price., 25 Nov. 2014
Does exactly what I want at a very reasonable price. Easy to use, no zips and slim enough to slot into a rucksack. Quality seems reasonable so far.

ViseeO Tune2air WMA1000 - Wireless Bluetooth Music Interface Adaptor for in-car iPod Integration (Audi, Volkswagen, Mercedes etc)
Offered by Auto-Electronics

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the money., 31 Oct. 2014
Excellent. Having had an iPod interface in my Audi for 7 years but having moved away from iTunes a year ago, I was missing being able to connect my Android phone and listen to non iTunes music e.g. Spotify in the car.

This gadget has sorted it instatntly. Yes there are some quirks I.e. no track names, the occasional weird pause/play issue but otherwise a brilliant gadget. Easy to set up, small and discreet, well worth it compared to expensive Audi Bluetooth solution.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3