Profile for David > Reviews

Content by David

David

Slim iPad case: The Ridge by Devicewear -Black Vegan Leather Magnetic iPad 2/3/4 Case with Six Position Flip Stand (RDG-IP3-BLK)
Offered by CaseBassUK

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice case! I have used it now for over ..., 23 Oct. 2014
Very nice case! I have used it now for over a year and I can not recommend it enough! Nice positions. smooth velvety inside and really minimalistic which I like! Rather cheap as well considering what you get!

iPhone 6 Plus Case, SUPCASE Apple iPhone 6 Plus Case Unicorn Beetle Premium Hybrid Protective Bumper Case for iPhone 6 Plus 5.5 inch (Clear + Black + Black, Not Fit iPhone 6 4.7 inch)
Offered by I-Blason EU

2.0 out of 5 stars Good looking but uncomfortable to use, 23 Oct. 2014
The case looks nice on the pictures and in real life as well actually. It's minimalistic which I like as well and the back of the case if sturdy enough to help out with "bendgate" I'd assume.
The problem for me is that the edges of the "case" (or bumper) is pretty uncomfortable to grip in your hand. Especially the shark edges on the bottom around the speaker, mic-input etc.
A case has to be pleasing for the eye and comfortable to use. This case lacks the latter.

ORB Controller Thumb Grips 2-Pack (Xbox One)
ORB Controller Thumb Grips 2-Pack (Xbox One)
Offered by Zartek UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and great function!, 4 Feb. 2014
They really do what they aim for! Added grip and a little bit, much needed, added height to the Xbox one controller! I recommend this product!

Official Xbox One Wireless Controller
Official Xbox One Wireless Controller

3.0 out of 5 stars Left thumbstick loose, 4 Feb. 2014
I have owned an Xbox 360 for about 6 years and I really loved the old controller. The new one for XB1 is really similar but has a few changes.

On the plus side:
-The d-pad i vastly improved
-The deadzone on the thumbsticks I guess is improved (more on that later on)
the X,Y,B,A buttons sits closer together
-Some new kind of force feedback on the triggers, even though I havent played a game that supports it

On the negative side:
-The thumbsticks are smaller then before and has less resistance and "feel". Lets compare is to the steering of an old Saab to a modern Porsche
-The whole thing seems more plastic and cheeper build I think.
-The left and right back "triggers" are to narrow/small for my hands. So my fingers end up behind them almost. It being the whole controller is to small for my hands (I'm a grown up). Didn't have this problem with the 360 controller that had more "flat" triggers, instead of these which have a curve to them.

Now the really negative:
The left thumbstick became loose after 2 days/about 10 hours of use. If I just gently puss the stick upwards or downwards the deadzone is pretty big without any resistance. It also squeeks then I move it. I can also push and pull the whole stick up and down into the controller. So it almost seems to come out of it's socket.
The right thumbstick isn't like this at all and the left one was fine when I first started using it.

Cudos to Amazon though who reimbursed to so I can buy another controller. Great customer service!