Profile for Annejm > Reviews

La vérité sur l'affaire Harry Québert
by Joel Dicker
Edition: Perfect Paperback

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice to read, 24 Feb 2013
I finished this book fairly quickly as it is a real page turner. It is not very well written but it is a pleasure to read. I enjoyed it very much. Only 4 stars because of the quality of the writing. The writer is very young so it will be interesting to see if he starts to improve. Buy it in France or on amazon.fr as it is the cheapest way (P&P included!).

The Chicks with Sticks Guide to Knitting: Learn to Knit with More Than 30 Cool, Easy Patterns
by Nancy Queen

5.0 out of 5 stars Good projects for beginners, 28 Jun 2012
I started knitting recently and a friend offered me this book. I really like the patterns and i find that everything is well explained. Coupled with youtube videos, it solves all my knitting problems. Experienced knitters at the group have liked the designs and patterns which are very well conceived and up to date.

The Little Paris Kitchen: Classic French recipes with a fresh and fun approach
The Little Paris Kitchen: Classic French recipes with a fresh and fun approach
by Rachel Khoo

5.0 out of 5 stars She knows what she is talking about, 17 April 2012
I find that her recipes reflect the way I cook (oeufs cocotte are a lazy mid week dinner in our home). Some are more complex than others and she has new ideas but it is the way we eat in France in Paris. The bitter one star reviewer seems to say what he thinks of the programme more than give an objective opinion about the cooking.

Au Dela des Cimes Poster Movie French 11 x 17 In - 28cm x 44cm Gabriel Briand Catherine Destivelle Claire Destivelle Bernard Giraudeau

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful film, 14 Mar 2011
This is a very beautiful film about the mountain. Catherine Destivelle is one of the best climber in the world, but this is more about "sharing" the mountain with others than just climbing. It is true that I love the mountains and I come from smallish French ones but this film really is special.