Profile for Chris Tinsley > Reviews

Content by Chris Tinsley

Chris Tinsley (London, United Kingdom)

Pioneer SE-D10E-N Fully Enclosed In Ear Clip STEEZ Headphones - Black/Gold
Pioneer SE-D10E-N Fully Enclosed In Ear Clip STEEZ Headphones - Black/Gold

2.0 out of 5 stars Okay for sport but below average sound quality, 23 Sept. 2013
I have owned several top branded in-ear earphones - Sennheiser IE7, Shure E3c + SE530, Klipsch Image S4 etc. - but have found that when going to the gym the earphones tend to repeatedly slip out of my ears.

These are the first 'sport' earphones I have owned and I have to say I am disappointed with the sound they produce. The earphones themselves stay in my ears and the design of the ear-pieces is sturdy yet flexible to suit most ear shapes, if a little bulky. The sound however is flat, muddy and lacking any sort of soundstage. They deliver decent bass but there is no clarity at all to mid or high tones.

If you just want earphones to pump any old sounds into your ears whilst working out then these are for you but if you care in any way about the quality of the music you are listnening to then I can only advise you to avoid these.

I will be trying the Atomic Floyd SPORT AirJax Stereo Headset with Remote next....

UPDATE 30/09/2013

Okay so instead of spending lots of cash on the Atomic Floyds I thought I'd try another pair of more modestly priced earphones first. After some research I opted for the Sennheiser OCX 685i Sports In-Ear canal Headphones with remote and the difference is startling. These produce a rich, clear, natural sound with a distinct soundstage and I must say I am very surprised that £50 can buy you such quality. They also stay in my ears during my gym workout and I would highly recommend them.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 22, 2014 11:51 PM GMT

Griffin Headphone Adapter for iPhone Black
Griffin Headphone Adapter for iPhone Black

1.0 out of 5 stars use this alternative instead..., 23 July 2008
I have spent many an hour scouring the internet trying to find a decent iPhone headphone adapter and this Griffin model certainly isn't it. I refuse to use Apple's supplied headphones as the sound quality is poor so I need something to allow me to use my Shure headphones, which unfortunately come with an iPhone unfriendly headphone jack.

I've gone through 2 Griffin adapters in as many months and this is due to the complete lack of robustness of this product. The Belkin version is worse as it looks like a 1980's mobile phone aerial and is just as sensitive as the Griffin to everyday use as is the iFrogz adapter.

At last however i may have found the answer - the EXSPECT iPhone headphone adapter! Unlike any of the others I have tried the build quality is obvious as soon as you remove it from its packaging, it's gold plated and most importantly of all sound quality is absolutely brilliant.

If you are sick and tired of throwing your money away over cheap, unreliable adapters then I urge you to get the EXSPECT iPhone adapter. This is my first review and I wanted to ensure that other people don't go through the misery that I have experienced trying to find a decent adapter.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 5, 2009 5:02 PM BST