Profile for Mike > Reviews

Lamaze Play & Grow Patty the Panda
Offered by BabyToys4you
Price: 12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Baby's Favourite toy, 20 Jun 2013
My daughter had this when she was born, it was one of the first toys she actually interacted with.
We've bought several more as gift for various newborns and have been told repeatedly that it's their favourite toy.

Veritas Mark II Honing Guide
Veritas Mark II Honing Guide
Offered by TOOLMAN
Price: 54.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh my god I love this tool, 20 Jun 2013
Somehow using this honing guide has elevated sharpening my chisels from a tedious chore to religious experience.
Combining this guide with some lapping film and a nice flat stone chopping board has enabled me to get my blades sharp enough to shave with. Not only much quicker and easier than cheaper guides that I've tried, but also much more satisfying to use.
Getting that mirror shine is quite addictive.

Once I got the hang of it the process of sharpening a chisel became so quick and simple that I actually started to sharpen them every time I used them, something that I never used to do before. Having chisels that are always razor sharp has made my work easier, more accurate and less stressful.

Muc-Off Biodegradable 5 Litre Motorcycle Cleaner
Muc-Off Biodegradable 5 Litre Motorcycle Cleaner
Offered by SDJ Sports Ltd
Price: 15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This stuff is great, 20 Jun 2013
Of the various cleaners I have tried on my motorbiks this one gives best bang for your buck, especially if buying big refills like this 5 litre bottle.
Not quite as effective as the S-Doc stuff, but much less expensive.

Indoor Outdoor Convex Mirror for Traffic Driveway Safety Security
Indoor Outdoor Convex Mirror for Traffic Driveway Safety Security
Offered by Super Deal Genie
Price: 19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the money, 20 Jun 2013
I only paid about 15 quid for this, have seen the same model on ebay for over 60 quid.
Seems well enough made for the money and was not too much trouble to fit.

The Small Business Life Cycle: The No-Fluff Guide to Navigating the Five Stages of Small Business Growth
Price: 1.81

4.0 out of 5 stars Short and to the point, 20 Jun 2013
Well reasoned and consise.
I thought that it gave a good overview of some of the aspects of business to concentrate on at the right time.

Millionaire Upgrade: Lessons in Success from Those Who Travel at the Sharp End of the Plane
by Richard Parkes Cordock
Price: 6.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Worth a read, 28 Aug 2012
Contains some good advice and is worth reading, but as many other reviews have pointed out it's not that well written and is a little contrived. Forgiven though since it's not trying to be literature.

Wireless Keyboard 2.4Ghz HTPC Media Touchpad with Integrated Numberpad and Smart Fingers Zoom/Program Switch Functions - USB UK Layout
Offered by Dealstation
Price: 24.74

1.0 out of 5 stars Almost useless, 17 Aug 2012
I bought this keyboard to use with the media center PC in my living room, attracted mainly by the inclusion of the media control buttons and the built in track pad.

I've been hugely dissapointed with this keyboard, and had my partner not already recycled the packaging before I had even plugged it in I would have sent it straight back to Amazon. They keyboard requires some serious prodding to notice that a key has been pressed. Fast typing is not possible, even typing a web address will require some correction due to some key presses that are not recognised.

The media buttons are good and work fine. The trackpad works most of the time, but the two finger gesture to scroll rarely works.

All in all I wish I still had the package so that I could send it back.

Lowepro Dublin 30 Pouch for Camera - Black
Lowepro Dublin 30 Pouch for Camera - Black
Offered by RC Electronics
Price: 8.07

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Value, 17 Aug 2012
Very pleased with this.
I wanted a case that would protect my Olympus XZ-1 but not prevent me from pocketing it.
It's a pretty snug fit for the XZ-1 but it does go in.
For the money I'm pleased with what I got.

PitRok W1060 Push-Up Crystal Deodorant 100g
PitRok W1060 Push-Up Crystal Deodorant 100g
Price: 5.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Deodorant you can buy, 23 April 2012
I love this deodorant. It stops me smelling and it doesn't cover my pits in that nasty white claggy antiperspirant muck that you get from aerosols.
The previous one lasted absolutely ages. So not only does it work better than any deodorant I've ever used, it also lasts longer.

Agile Product Management with Scrum: Creating Products That Customers Love (Addison-Wesley Signature)
by Roman Pichler
Price: 18.49

5.0 out of 5 stars An indispensable resource for Agile Product Owners/Managers, 2 July 2010
One of the best books on software product ownership or product management that I have come across. Certainly one of the most accessible. At around 160 pages there is enough detail to explain the concepts and provide some good examples from the Author's professional experience without labouring any of the points or digressing from the core subject matter.

Roman gives a well rounded and thorough overview of the Product Owner role within the SCRUM framework, covering the responsibilities and tasks in an appropriate level of detail. There is a lot of information about putting the concepts and principles of SCRUM into practise and getting the most from your team(s), with an appropriate emphasis on empowering the scrum team, the product owner and the stakeholders.

Thoroughly recommended for those new to the Product Owner role, but also as a reference to those who've been working this role for some time. I fully expect to keep referring back to this book during my work as a Product Owner.

Page: 1 | 2