Profile for Ms. H. Walsh > Reviews

Content by Ms. H. Walsh

Ms. H. Walsh (Ireland)

Page: 1 | 2
The Last Victim by Robards, Karen Published by Hodder Paperbacks (2013)
The Last Victim by Robards, Karen Published by Hodder Paperbacks (2013)
by Karen Robards

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't Be A Charlie, 12 Jun. 2015
This book barely merits one star. It is badly written in terms of grammatical accuracy, an accuracy with which it has only a passing acquaintance.
The constant top level dear of ghosts is puzzling considering she regularly has visitations from the departed I became weary of her hysteria. I see ghosts and have come to grips with this. The character came across in the book as being weak and self indulgent. As for having sex with a ghost. ... that just put the tin hat on an already weak ghost story.
My only consolation was that I got a gift of this book so hadn't wasted my money on it.

Ukamshop Best Newly Sauna Slimming Belt Waist Wrap Shaper Burn Fat Cellulite Belly Lose Weight

1.0 out of 5 stars This plastic piece of rubbish is not worth a penny ..., 5 Jan. 2015
This plastic piece of rubbish is not worth a penny. It is nasty and doesn't work at all. I had to give it sime kind of star rating but it doesn't even deserve one star.

Landon Tyler 14.5 cm Mosaic Mother of Pearl Oil Burner, Gold
Landon Tyler 14.5 cm Mosaic Mother of Pearl Oil Burner, Gold

1.0 out of 5 stars BREAK UP !, 9 Nov. 2013
I would urge that NO ONE buys this shoddy item. I used it for burning one tart and when I went to remove said tart with the care I always use for other similar burners, the glass on top broke rendering the item useless. I am hugely disappointed that my money has gone to purchasing an item that absolutely does not pass muster.

If I couldrate if less than one star, I would !

The Silver Swan (Quirke Mysteries)
The Silver Swan (Quirke Mysteries)
by Benjamin Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Silver Swan, 27 Feb. 2013
I enjoyed this book even more than Christina Falls and I really enjoyed reading Christina Falls !

It is well written, well paced and makes one believe that one is actually observing the various scenes laid out within the covers of this book.

Joe Cocker: The Best Of Joe Cocker - Live [DVD] [2004]
Joe Cocker: The Best Of Joe Cocker - Live [DVD] [2004]
Dvd ~ Joe Cocker
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Cocker, 27 Feb. 2013
It does more than it says on the tin ! Joe Cocker can really bring the music unlike so many of the kids pumping out their karaoke songs these days.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars MARIPOSA PALETTE, 20 Dec. 2012
I was not hugely impressed by the palette because two of the colours keep coming loose from their setting. This means that every single time that I open the box, these colours do a jump and scatter a little dusting of colour on the other shades.

Murder at Shandy Hall
Murder at Shandy Hall
by Michael Sheridan

1.0 out of 5 stars Murder to Read, 1 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Murder at Shandy Hall (Paperback)
I was looking forward to reading this book because my late mother in law comes from the area where the lady in question was murdered. I also just love stories of intrique and murder.
However I was ready on many occasions to fling the books across the room, out the window and into a compost heap, so great was my frustration at the constant indulgent meanderings of the author. It took from the story rather than lending to it to give such laboured genealogies of the characters. When it came to labouring over Jane Eyre, I all but lost the plot !!
Like another person has commented, I skipped through huge amounts of this indulgent meandering to read the story. The only thing that kept me going is my stubborn streak.
IF I had been editing this book, I would have strongly advised Mr Sheridan to omit many many pages from his book and it would have most likely made for an excellent read instead of one that has left an arsenic taste in one's mouth..

The Boy in the Attic: The Chilling, Real-Life Story of a Satanic Murder and the Truth that Haunts
by David Malone

1.0 out of 5 stars Could Do Better, 25 Jan. 2012
This story about a disturbing and chilling murder of a 7 year old boy by a 16 year old certainly makes the reader question the whys of why this story was kept so quiet. The author suggests that it could have been the time in which it was set and that child murders were very rare. This could well be true - afterall look at how the disappearance and murder of Bernadette Connolly in 1970 was handles or mishandled ! The wall of silence.

However this book is, in my opinion, badly written. It constantly looses momentum by repeating information ad nauseum and also the fluffing out of the book with long explanations about such things as the origin of the ouja board. It seems to me that the book is written in a typical tabloid journal style that requires repetitive information because of the assumption that the reader is incapable of concentrating.

The positive side of the story is that there is a book published about the victim John Horgan. That, at least, tears down the vicious wall of silence.

Tears Of The Moon: Number 2 in series (Gallaghers of Ardmore)
Tears Of The Moon: Number 2 in series (Gallaghers of Ardmore)
by Nora Roberts

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 10 Nov. 2009
I have, to date, read Jewels of the Sun and Tears of The Moon. What drew me to the first book was that it is set in Ireland and in a county that I know very well. I bought all three books in the trilogy together.

I made a mistake and a big one. Nora Roberts writes of an Ireland that has long since passed and is certainly not the Ireland of modern times. It also irked me that she spells Shawn Gallagher with that American spelling of Séan. She also delivered the same blow to Shamus - correctly spelt Seamus.

She over looks the smoking ban that is in place in Ireland and has been for a number of years now.

She has her people going to mass with THREE masses available in Ardmore. The Catholic church has not the priest power to provide three masses in a country village. There is a Saturday evening mass and ONE Sunday mass. It is such a pity that Nora Roberts has done some shoddy research. The detail is important and Nora Roberts constantly overlooked the detail.

Oh and the Celtic Sea to which she refers ... there is NO SEA called the Celtic Sea - could she at least have managed to get that basic geographical fact correct ? The Atlantic Ocean. She could have referred instead to any one of the many lovely beaches there but it seems to me that she has given a Google reference to her story.

Carrick, the name of the fairy- Carrick meaning rock, in Irish was a strange but interesting choice. The story was sweet but a bit Mills and Boon too.

I am hugely disappointed by this book. I would hope that when she sets books in other locations outside of America, in future, that she does full and thorough research.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 4, 2010 10:33 PM BST

Songs For My Mother
Songs For My Mother
Offered by Great Price Media EU

4.0 out of 5 stars Mums Are Beautiful, 23 April 2009
This review is from: Songs For My Mother (Audio CD)
I am not a fan of Ronan Keating but the songs on this album are so so beautiful. They are well chosen and well executed by him. I've just been listening to "Mama's Arms" and find myself crying because my darling mum died in February of this year. I miss her terribly and can do nothing about the missing. However it helps to be able to listen to music like this particularly when it has been recorded by someone who has also lost his mother.

Page: 1 | 2