Profile for Alison Readhead > Reviews

Content by Alison Readhead

Alison Readhead (Slough, Berks United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2
Laval Eyeshadow Pencil - White Eye Shadow
Laval Eyeshadow Pencil - White Eye Shadow
Offered by Online Beauty Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Good coverage, 19 April 2013
I bought the white version of this. I wanted a shadow pencil to do a strong white and this does what I wanted.

Legacy of the Divine Tarot
Legacy of the Divine Tarot
by Ciro Marchetti
Edition: Cards

3.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful cards, not the giant ones, 19 April 2013
This review is from: Legacy of the Divine Tarot (Cards)
I had bought these after seeing them used on YouTube. But I didn't realise these cards are the standard size ones not the really large ones I had seen, which I now know were a different version. I also found that the larger ones are not available currently anyway. The cards are beautiful. Really bold and atmospheric but I am disappointed. Somehow the cards are so rich that this size doesn't do them justice. The pack comes with a book which, although I am sure is fascinating, I did not really need. I don't think there is a cards only version though. Luckily you are checking the reviews first before buying so you will know to check the size before you buy! I didn't.

Cheeky Classic False/ Fake Eyelashes, Black Set of 8 Styles - Pack of 80 Pairs
Cheeky Classic False/ Fake Eyelashes, Black Set of 8 Styles - Pack of 80 Pairs

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for glamour and fun, 19 April 2013
These are more for glamour than for natural wear. But if you want some big and bold style lashes for a really good price these could be for you. The stem or the part that glues to your eye is black and quite thick not invisible, so black eyeliner is probably necessary. I have found it fun to see how the different style lashes look on me. The pack I bought had 8 different styles. As long as you don't expect them to be natural looking then you won't be disappointed.

Burt's Bees 100% Natural Lip Balm, Honey, 4.25g
Burt's Bees 100% Natural Lip Balm, Honey, 4.25g

3.0 out of 5 stars Too overpowering, 2 Jan. 2013
I love burts bees lip balms and use them a lot. But the honey flavoured one is very strongly flavoured. I personally dislike this one. I would highly recommend the balm in general though. It's the only one to stay on my lips. Most balms just dry out or wear off and leave my lips cracked. So if you find the same, try this one, just maybe not this particular flavour.

Wesco DR Who Tardis Lights & Sounds Cookie Jar
Wesco DR Who Tardis Lights & Sounds Cookie Jar

4.0 out of 5 stars More for fun than for keeping cookies fresh, 2 Jan. 2013
I bought this for my fiance as he loves doctor who. This makes a tardis noise when you press the button on top or when you open the lid and close it again. He loves it for the flashing light on top and the noise but it doesn't close tightly or have a seal to keep biscuits fresh, so it's more for fun than actual use. We are going to store other items in it instead.

MAINS CHARGER FOR SAMSUNG GALAXY TABLETS (GALAXY TAB 7/7.7/10.1 P3110 P3100 P5100 P5110 P7510 P7100 GALAXY NOTE 10.1 N8010)
Offered by ClickJunkie

2.0 out of 5 stars Fell apart, 2 Dec. 2012
This seemed great until the flat part that plugs into the device suddenly fell into pieces and the wires were exposed etc. I only used this a few times as it was a backup charger so it cannot have been very well made to break so easily.

Flatmates
Flatmates
by Chrissie Manby

2.0 out of 5 stars Mildly entertaining but chauvinist, 11 Nov. 2003
This review is from: Flatmates (Paperback)
I found this book mildly entertaining overall, but as somebody else also mentioned, I was struck by the predjudiced views. I realise this was just meant to be humourous, but off the top of my head I remember being a little bothered at certain points by the harsh anti male bias in particular. I felt she was trying to tap into that feeling we've probably all had at some point where for a moment after a bad experience, we feel jealous or hateful of the opposite sex. I don't really think that is the sort of attitude I want to enforce in my mind, that it should be all the girls together and all men are the same. Yes there are bad guys out there, but bashing men in general doesn't get you revenge, it just perpetuates predjudice. I wouldn't recommend this book at all, it's not even very funny.

Page: 1 | 2