Profile for Jenny Lancashire border > Reviews

Content by Jenny Lancashi...

Jenny Lancashire border "Jenny" (Lancashire, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Next of Kin
Next of Kin

5.0 out of 5 stars totally jaw dropping, 31 July 2015
This review is from: Next of Kin (Kindle Edition)
I requested an ebook copy of this novel in exchange for an honest review and I am so pleased I did. The book is a real page turner and had me sitting up into the wee small hours to finish it. Like other reviewers, I found myself hooked from the start. Thank you, Sue.

Pilgrim of Death: The Janna Chronicles 4
Pilgrim of Death: The Janna Chronicles 4

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful series, 30 April 2015
This is the fourth book in a series of six and is UN-put-down-able like the three before it. I am looking forward with great anticipation to the last two books. Highly recommended.

A Mutual Silence: Short Story
A Mutual Silence: Short Story

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 15 April 2015
A wonderful example of how a short story should be written. No extraneous words, just straightforward story telling. An example to us all.

The Gypsy Hill Murders (The Ralph Chamers Mysteries Book 1)
The Gypsy Hill Murders (The Ralph Chamers Mysteries Book 1)

1.0 out of 5 stars Wordy or what?, 12 April 2015
This book is so wordy it's almost unreadable. Okay so the "clever" author spent lots of time researching but was there really any need to bore us with it? Gave up at 35% in order to save cutting my own throat.

WINTER OF THE COMET (Molly Titchen Book 1)
WINTER OF THE COMET (Molly Titchen Book 1)

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 7 Mar. 2015
Far too wordy is an understatement. The author continually re-told events through unnecessary speeches when all he needed to say was "X told Y what happened earlier". Presumably because he thinks his readers are too stupid to remember more than a few pages?
The author has obviously done a great deal of research but did he HAVE to put it all in? For me it spoiled an otherwise reasonable story.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 19, 2015 7:12 PM GMT

The Girl You Left Behind
The Girl You Left Behind

5.0 out of 5 stars Un-put-downable, 9 Dec. 2014
When I saw this book on the table as the next library book group choice my heart sank. Having seen this author's books listed on kindle with chic-lit books I assumed the worst and prepared myself not to like it. To my astonishment I loved it and read it in two sittings. All ten members of the book group loved it, too - an extremely rare occurrence believe me. All but one person had not read Jojo Moyles previously but everyone said they wanted to borrow another book by her. I plan to recommend this book to everyone and am greatly looking forward to reading all this author's books.

The Reluctant Elf: A funny, feel-good holiday romantic comedy (Kindle Single)
The Reluctant Elf: A funny, feel-good holiday romantic comedy (Kindle Single)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good fun, 19 Nov. 2014
I would not have looked twice at this book had not another author posted a recommendation. I am so pleased I downloaded it. A funny, gentle read just right for a pleasant evening by the fire. I will be looking out for other books by this author. Enjoy your cupcake.

Going the Distance: The Milton St John Trilogy
Going the Distance: The Milton St John Trilogy

1.0 out of 5 stars Too long, 31 Oct. 2014
Sorry I simply lost the will to live. Too slow, couldn't relate to the characters let alone care about them. This would have made a good novella, like ripping off a really stubborn band aid quickly. Might give the author another go, depends.

Murder Has No Class (A Bellehaven House Mystery Book 3)
Murder Has No Class (A Bellehaven House Mystery Book 3)

1.0 out of 5 stars The final straw, 12 Oct. 2014
I enjoyed the first book so downloaded the second. That was not quite as enjoyable because by this time the sub-plot was becoming more than a little irritating. Nevertheless I downloaded the third. What a mistake. The main plot was fine but the sub-plot was beyond any one of normal intelligence' s belief - even a keen reader of fantasy as I am. The sub-plot is just plain stupid. It seems to me to me that this writer does not need such a pathetic sub-plot in order to write a credible book. I will not be bothering to read any further books because of the utterly incredible sub-plot.

The Highlander's Bargain (The Novels of Loch Moigh Book 2)
The Highlander's Bargain (The Novels of Loch Moigh Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful escapism, 11 July 2014
This is the second in the Loch Moich series and having thoroughly enjoyed the first couldn't wait to download this one. Unlike the first book it is set in both the past and the present which I loved. The characters we met in the first book are back plus a few new ones. All are fully rounded and believable. I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys time travels.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7