Profile for C. Kyriakos > Reviews

Content by C. Kyriakos

C. Kyriakos (CY)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Interstellar (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) [Deluxe Edition - Illuminated Star Projection Box]

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 24 Mar. 2015
I would say that I am a huge fan of Hans Zimmer. I listen to his music endlessly and find that it touches me and brings out a lot of emotion. My fundamental requirement of any good music, I don't find much that achieves this very often. I listened to the soundtrack before I had the chance to watch the movie, and just as Zimmer and Nolan had chosen to write the music before the movie was made with the sole purpose of it being able to produce these emotions and bring the story out of you rather than feed it to you, it achieved this monumentally. I avoided reviews and previews of the movie and based my decision to watch it primarily on this soundtrack. It does not disappoint. On a tangent from his usual work, abandoning the drums and heavy beating bass from previous works, this is melodic and carries you on the wind instruments, notoriously dictated by the pipe organ, the music at times is still heavy with anticipation and pressure, but also delicate and beautiful. It is a fantastic work and worthy of a much longer review than I could provide here. The provided special edition is fairly good, albeit I was disappointed with the box and light system as I was expecting something a little more "premium" let's say, than just 6 LEDs attached to two AA batteries shining through 40 odd holes poked through a piece of card. The Morse code is a brilliant idea and decoding it did both excite me and reverberated a fairly moving message from the movie. Since I bought this mainly for the music I can say that I am very happy with it and can't wait to get home, close the lights, put the CD on and enjoy the show.

Skinomi® TechSkin - Nokia Lumia Icon Screen Protector Ultra Clear Shield + Full Body Protective Skin + Lifetime Warranty
Offered by Skinomi, LLC

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit - Lumia 930, 24 Mar. 2015
I always use screen protectors. I've gotten particularly good at installing them and have learnt many tricks along the way. With skinomi, though, they seem to have gotten the process down to a point where I believe anyone could install this without any major issues. Having now installed their products on my Surface Pro 3 and now my Lumia 930 I can say that I will probably be relying on them in the future for all my device protectors.
As anyone who doesn't own one of those damn iPhones or Galaxy's you will know that accessories for any other device are rare and often very poor quality. It is a surprise, then, that someone is producing something of such high quality for "not-so-popular" devices.
The screen protector runs all the way to the edge, covering even the curved edge of the display, something no other protector I have bought does. In the packet are also included 4 protectors for each side of the device, as well as one for the back cover. These are completely clear and relatively easy to install. The only issue I had to face was the protector for the left hand side of the device which has no points of reference on it and made it difficult to estimate exactly where the film was supposed to be. The side protectors are very well cut and a very precise fit, as with all the others, however, I don't think they will last that long because of how often phones are in and out of pockets. Though, saying that, I've had the protectors on my Surface for about 6 months and they are still there.
Installation was very easy and quick, and the protector is almost invisible. It does reduce the beautiful and smooth glide of glass, though it doesn't do it by much and still allows the device to feel premium in your hands.
I expect it to be able to protect from scratches and general wear and tear, but dropping the device will probably still damage it to a degree.
A little tip, as you are doing a "wet installation" you should be wary that liquid may enter your device. Skinomi suggests that you use a credit card to push out any liquids from under the film. While that may be a good idea, I suggest wrapping your card with the provided cloth. This helps absorb any liquid and prevents it from getting into the device.

Nokia Treasure Tag Mini Tracking Device - White
Nokia Treasure Tag Mini Tracking Device - White
Offered by HappyHandy

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice little thing., 9 Mar. 2015
This is a pretty cool little device!
I had planned on getting the original Treasure Tag, but I was put off by the larger size of it and the rigid band. I discovered this one just last week and gave it a go.
It's pretty handy and has already reminded me that I left my keys in the car, and I just received it today. The size is very good, at 3cmx3cmx0.5cm making it very portable and very small. I could even imagine getting several to avoid losing the important things, like my wallet or children. It works well, though your device will need to have Bluetooth to be enabled for it to work, which is a bit of a shame since it's a battery drainer.

New Nokia Lumia 930 Case Cover Gel Skin Crystal Clear Protector Gloss Protective TPU Silicone Jelly from The Keep Talking Shop® Accessories (Crystal Clear Gel Case)
Offered by Keep Talking Shop Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, not great., 9 Mar. 2015
I always use case and screen protectors on my devices. it enables me to really look after them and sell them at very decent prices. because of this, I often look for the best available and ones that do not affect the look, feel or use of the device it is made for.
I recently bought a similar case for my Lumia 925 which was fairly decent, and so I chose the same type for my newest baby, my Lumia 930.
The good:
-It is completely clear and really doesn't affect the look of the device
-rubber skin is easy to install and provides fairly decent protection around the edges and back
-Cut-outs are in the right position and large enough to enable easy access and use of them.
-Very cheap
The bad:
-The bumps for the buttons are about 2 mm too high and therefore do not sit directly on top of the respective button.
-I received mine slightly warped and so it doesn't sit well in certain areas.
-The lip on the front is not high enough to protect the screen if it ever falls in that way.
-There is a cut-out for the SIM tray which is not used very often and I believe is redundant because you can't really access it without taking the cover off.
-I know this brand, and the cover will eventually grow yellow as it ages.
Overall this is a pretty good cover, but it could have been done better. It'll stay on my device while I search for something better.

L'Oreal Studio Line NEW 24hr - Gel Paste - 150ml
L'Oreal Studio Line NEW 24hr - Gel Paste - 150ml
Offered by COSMETIC HEAVEN

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your time and money, 8 Oct. 2014
I would write my honest opinion of this product, but amazon does not allow that sort of language. It claims to be strong hold, but is rubbish. Just don't even bother.

Microsoft Wedge Mobile Keyboard - UK Layout
Microsoft Wedge Mobile Keyboard - UK Layout

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a great portable keyboard which is light and very easy to ..., 8 Oct. 2014
I bought this to use with my Microsoft Surface 2 and Surface Pro 3. Having seen and tested this in store I found it £20 cheaper on Amazon. It's a great portable keyboard which is light and very easy to use. It feels durable with the metal frame and the buttons have good travel distance and response.
It pairs via Bluetooth and sometimes takes a second to connect but I've not experienced any significant or lasting issues with it. It's fairly portable and slim, yet a good size on which I can type at full speed.
"If this were destroyed or otherwise stopped working, would I buy it again?" My answer: yes, definitely!
EDIT: The supplied cover is pretty tough and does it's job, but it is awkward to fit, and is made of the most dust-attractive surface known to man.

Skinomi® TechSkin - Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Screen Protector + Full Body Skin Protector with Free Lifetime Replacement Warranty / Front & Back Premium HD Clear Film / Ultra High Definition Invisible and Anti-Bubble Crystal Shield - Retail Packaging
Offered by Skinomi, LLC

5.0 out of 5 stars Would I buy it again? Definitely, 8 Oct. 2014
I'm very into my tech and gadgets, the latest of which is my all new Microsoft Surface Pro 3. I care a lot for my devices and take great care of them, meaning I'm able to resell most at a pretty decent price to support my tech addiction.
As you might see from my other reviews, I always use screen protectors and sleeves for my devices. After that first scratch, they just aren't the same.. so for the first time I stumbled into the world of the wet-application screen protectors. And I'm impressed!
Dry application usually involves one very lengthy preparation involving a very small bathroom, and some boiling hot water to make sure the atmosphere is clear of any dust or fibres that can creep under the protector and mess the whole thing up, often without any chance for a second attempt.
Wet application was so much easier. Spray the liquid on the device, spray some on your fingertips, spray some on the protector, align and wipe. All in all it took me roughly 15 minutes to apply all sides (except the screen protector, I'm getting a glass one) and it was very easy and the results are excellent.
The cut outs are very precise and leave very little area exposed meaning that you get over 99% protection.
There's not much else to say really. The skin is a gloss finish and adheres very well. Though it doesn't change the look of the device, it does make it smoother and shinier, though this has not affected functionality whatsoever, and in fact has made the device easier to hold by creating more friction.
Though I've never used a full body skin like this one before, I think it will now be standard practice for me.
I believe the best way to judge a product is to ask: "if this was somehow destroyed or stopped working, would I buy it again?" My answer is "definitely". Enjoy!

SanDisk SDSDQUA-128G-U46A Mobile Ultra microSDXC UHS-I Class 10 Memory Card + SD Adapter + Memory Zone Android App up to 30 MB/s read - 128 GB
Offered by B3Digital

5.0 out of 5 stars Used with Microsoft Surface 2, 10 July 2014
I'm using this with a Microsoft Surface 2, which actually states that it supports cards up to 64GB, but this works fine. I bought this primarily because I bought a Microsoft Surface specifically for the expandable storage and have been waiting forever for this size card to be produced. After a recent effort with another SD card which I discovered was a Bootleg Samsung from another seller (don't worry, Amazon shut him down already), I went with the option which was widely publicised. SanDisk is reliable and I have been using their cards since forever. I have a 512MB one somewhere and have always been upgrading as soon as I can. I'm a sucker for size! None has ever failed and I am entirely satisfied with them. This one I formatted to NTFS to use with my device and it was able to transfer information from a USB3.0 hard drive through a 3.0 port easily. I transferred approximately 7000 files at about 35GB which were mostly music, videos and photos and it took roughly 40 minutes. That's all my media on a couple square millimetres. I feel so insignificant yet so powerful! I'm entirely satisfied with this and I will always rely on SanDisk.

Nokia Lumia 920 ~ Touch Screen Digitizer ~ Mobile Phone Repair Part Replacement
Nokia Lumia 920 ~ Touch Screen Digitizer ~ Mobile Phone Repair Part Replacement
Offered by verydeal

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware., 7 July 2014
Very poor product. Despite the seller being helpful in providing adhesive for the repair, this product is not an original product and was faulty. When I executed the repair it was clear that the cables inside the wire ribbon that connect the digitizer to the device to allow it to function were problematic and would sometimes work and others not.

Cocugar Pure Organic Thai Coconut Sugar Paste 235 g
Cocugar Pure Organic Thai Coconut Sugar Paste 235 g

4.0 out of 5 stars Beware the wax seal, 18 May 2014
This is great stuff. Nice flavour and easy to use. My only issue was with the wax seal at the top of the jar which in my case was broken (the wax, not the jar) and nicely dispersed in the top inch of the paste, meaning that I threw out roughly 1/4 of the jar.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8