Profile for S. R. Smith > Reviews

Content by S. R. Smith

S. R. Smith "Steve E17" (London, England)

Fake Tattoo Sleeve - Tiger, Dragon, Tribal  (T35)
Fake Tattoo Sleeve - Tiger, Dragon, Tribal (T35)
Offered by The Big Discount eStore

5.0 out of 5 stars As a wearer of prosthetic legs I've been looking for ..., 15 Jun. 2015
As a wearer of prosthetic legs I've been looking for a way to freshen them up. These sleeves fit excellently on my legs and are very eye catching and magnificent.

ScanCom Chichester FSC Eucalyptus Wood  Outdoor 4 Seater Dining Table With Parasol Hole
ScanCom Chichester FSC Eucalyptus Wood Outdoor 4 Seater Dining Table With Parasol Hole

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good quality, sturdy and easy to assemble, 15 Jun. 2015
Very good quality, sturdy and easy to assemble. Very stable and easy on the eye. Seats 4 people and meals comfortably. Well worth the money.

Greenbay Sun Shade Sail Garden Patio Yard Party Sunscreen Awning Canopy 98% UV Block Rectangle Terracotta (3x2m)
Offered by T G OUTLET

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 15 Jun. 2015
Very nice, adds a touch of the mediterranean to the back garden. Also doubles up as a cat hammock!

Visually Impaired Keyboard for Special Needs, Blind | XL Large Hi-Visibility White/Black UpperCase Keys

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it, 16 Mar. 2015
Brilliant keyboard. Has big (smooth operating) keys and less duplicate keys as well. Lettering is big and clear for peeps with visual impairments. I've finally found a keyboard that I'm happy with.

The Throwback
The Throwback
by Tom Sharpe

5.0 out of 5 stars Hysterical, 27 Jan. 2007
This review is from: The Throwback (Paperback)
This, to me, is the most funniest book that I have ever read. I remember reading it the first time, when it came out, on the underground and was convulsing in hysterical laughter (much to the confusion of the other passengers who sarted moving away from me!).

I know some of Sharpes books have been televised or made into film, but this is one book that, seeing another persons perception of it on screen, could never have justice paid to it (although I'm sure that Alison Steadman would play Jssicas mother superbly). I think that it can only been seen in the minds eye.

Since then I've read it many times and it's never lost its appeal or humour (so much so that after all these years I've had to buy a new copy of it, having worn my original out).

A total farce in print form, which I deny even the most po-faced person not to have a chortle at. Even Queen Victoria would have been amused. Hysterical from start to finish.

In terms of star rating this should get a 6!

Carry On Up The Khyber [DVD]
Carry On Up The Khyber [DVD]
Dvd ~ Kenneth Williams

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best Carry-Ons, 14 May 2002
This review is from: Carry On Up The Khyber [DVD] (DVD)
This is from the most hillarious period of the carry-ons, in my eyes it has to be seen if only for the dinner scene at the end of the film. The comic genius of Syd James and Joan Simms as Sir Sidney and Lady Ruff Diamond pull this scene off with results that leave you laughing long after the film has finished. I remember seeing the film as a kid and this scene has always stuck in my mind as the ultimate send-up of the days of the Raj and the English stiff upper lip scenario. No other group of comic actors could have pulled this film off with such hilarity.
A masterpiece of the carry-on genre without a shadow of a doubt.